The Dark Brotherhood

Lawrence Berell

((Using Fraps is even more excellent, just like I do, I like necromancy so I'm going to +1 your app, you're in if the rules still stand :P))

Name ((MC)): (( Denivire ))

Name ((IG)): Crow

Real Life Age: (( 13, but if for some reason you mean ICly, then Crow is 28 ( never got to aging him very much ). ))

(sub)Race: Human

Combat experience: Taxiarch of the Seventis Military, former Protactes of the Seventis Government, a skilled acrobat, and a well trained swordsman. I can confidently say that I am quite able to handle myself in a situation, tense or not. I have experience with scouting, fighting, and being a tactician, more in fighting than anything else.

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum)

Domhall Darius, now under the alias 'Crow', was born in the small farming village far north in Aegis, called Zena. It was a quaint town, with no real crime except robberies at a stall, where the thief was more than likely caught. This is when Domhall gave slight interest in these types of ways, but was sure to never do so as long as his mother and father, Ced and Gaia, were around to watch him. But life changed for the worst. The town had a disastrous harvesting season. No caravans came to take any food, as there was none to buy. Ced went into depression, as money became insufficient for them to survive in such a harsh climate. Gaia took Domhall and Ced to a small village, which was funny because he could never remember the name of it.

While in the Laurelin marketplace, he saw two kids steal some food. Curious, as his parents weren't around to mentor him on what to do and what not to do, he approached the children and asked how they just stole that stuff without being seen. Soon, Domhall became friends with Edward and Trevor, the two thieves, and became a quite proficient pickpocket, providing for his family with small amounts of minas, claiming he got it from trimming vines or any other type of odd job. After a streak of happiness and overall luck, Ced had left the family for an unknown reason. This was the beginning of a sad tale, that got even worse.

Gaia became ill. Extremely ill. Domhall, unable to just walk up and steal a ton of minas from someone, and his lust for more minas overcoming him, he became a bandit. He put up fake tolls, robbed people, and sometimes, regrettable or not, became a relentless killer to do what he could. He felt a large amount of shame when his mother died, and he was taken to the Verge to go to Asulon. He met Ced on the same boat, and he told him everything. He confessed his shame, and once they reached Asulon, he went to see the new land for a good minute or two. When he went to go start a new life with his father Ced, he saw he hung himself by a rope, feeling responsible for everything.

Domhall faced a tough life ahead of him. He suffered, he succeeded, he moved on. Now was his time to reach his ambitions and reach his goals, wherever they lead him.

Would you consider being a spy?: Of course. I'm open to every and all opportunities that such an order could offer me.

Past military experience: Protactes of the Seventis Government, Squire in the Crimson Blades, part of Jester's evil entertainment posse, nothing much except that, but all of the experience was extensive and formed me into an able man, as I stand today.

Past criminal experience: Robbing, scamming, and killing idiots as a bandit all by myself. Then hurting anyone who bothered me (including the Majoran Followers) as 'Joker', my alias while in Jester's posse. Nowadays, I get what I want and get rid of people I don't like as a high rank in the Seventis Military.

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc): Taxiarch of the Seventis Military. Also a bit of a blacksmith.

Useful, Non-military Skills: Blacksmithing. I can repair all the way up to gold, and am proficient at smelting ores (( Skill level for it is 84 )).

What have you heard of us IC? So far that you want to kill my fiance, who I honestly have no interest in being with after my child is born.

What have you heard of us OOC? (( I've watched this topic for a long time, and am just extremely interested in joining in general. I mean, assassins, with cool signature robes, whom everyone fears as they crawl into the darkness and find their victim, and with uncanny precision kill him with a single strike. That's just awesome. I'd love to be apart of you guys and develop my character to be a ruthless, unrelenting, and respected villain amongst all of Asulon. ))

What skill level do you currently hold on the following? Note, to rank past Neopyhte a skill requirement of 40 is required in one of these fields.

Swords: 100

Axemastery: 0

Archery: 0

Wrestling: 1

Preferred weapon: Diamond, gold, or an iron sword. I am also proficient with daggers.

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required): http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/44540-accepted-domhalls-villain-application-3/page__p__321798__fromsearch__1#entry321798\

Are you wanted in any countries?: Banished in Alras, but no one recognizes my face anymore around there anymore.

Why do you want to join?: I want to flesh out my character. His ambition is to win it all, and he thinks becoming an assassin, feared at the very sight of his attire or voice, is the correct way to go. This is a great way to actually RP Crow as he 100% should be. A criminal who wants it all.

Define powergaming thoroughly: Powergaming is the act of making your character unstoppable and all-powerful. Powergaming can most frequently be found in RP fights, where people dodge every shot and argue that you would never dodge their's. Other instances of powergaming can just be found in normal RP, like being able to read minds or using telekinesis or magic.

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC? Never would. Ever.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary. No, I wouldn't tell ANYONE who was affiliated to me, whoever close they were to me IC or OOCly any Dark Brotherhood information.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion? Yes.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath. I completely understand and comprehend what will happen if I tell anyone about the DB IC or OOCly.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood? Absolutely. I've filed a few reports, all of them with insufficient screenshots, and have overall because of such incidents become a better role-player and know how and when to take screenshots. Sometimes I'll even use Fraps if needed.

((Using Fraps is even more excellent, just like I do, I like necromancy so I'm going to +1 your app, you're in if the rules still stand :P))

((Yeah, he's in. When he talks to a high counselor he shall be ranked as initiate and all. We'll have to arrange the ig meet sometime.))

You have been given the opportunity to prove yourself to the brethren. We will contact you and guide you to the place in which we select. Failure to meet us at the appointed time will result in a withdrawal of our offer. We understand complications arise but that is never an adequate excuse when interacting with us.

Welcome.

You will also have to give us a name with which to refer to you by.

Name ((MC)): (( Denivire ))

Name ((IG)): Crow

To begin, Seventis, while not the powerhouse, is a sturdy reference so no quarrel there. You say you have experience fighting, I say that will be proven in time. It is also good that you have little issue spying and diplomacy. This is very much in your favor as we are usually doing some kind of mission needing this. We are not in desperate need of smiths but having another one around is never a negative.

Now, on to the issues. You mentioned hearing about us after a price was put on your fiance's head. Normally I wouldn't see a problem with this but it would seem odd that you'd wish to join us despite this. Still, a decent excuse was given so no argument can be drawn from there. Being banished in Alras is a pretty big deal as we prefer members who can traverse through a multitude of nations so I would highly recommend bribing someone.

Overall, not bad. Not great but still not bad. I will give my approval.

((My only real issue is your age. 13 is a bit young and I'm hesitant when admitting people who could potentially wind up being really immature. Not saying a twenty year old couldn't be immature but there is a higher chance the younger you are. Other than that though you're good. You've got a +1 from me.))

To begin, Seventis, while not the powerhouse, is a sturdy reference so no quarrel there. You say you have experience fighting, I say that will be proven in time. It is also good that you have little issue spying and diplomacy. This is very much in your favor as we are usually doing some kind of mission needing this. We are not in desperate need of smiths but having another one around is never a negative.

Now, on to the issues. You mentioned hearing about us after a price was put on your fiance's head. Normally I wouldn't see a problem with this but it would seem odd that you'd wish to join us despite this. Still, a decent excuse was given so no argument can be drawn from there. Being banished in Alras is a pretty big deal as we prefer members who can traverse through a multitude of nations so I would highly recommend bribing someone.

Overall, not bad. Not great but still not bad. I will give my approval.

((My only real issue is your age. 13 is a bit young and I'm hesitant when admitting people who could potentially wind up being really immature. Not saying a twenty year old couldn't be immature but there is a higher chance the younger you are. Other than that though you're good. You've got a +1 from me.))

My "wife"? My child was killed by her hands, and she always winds up in trouble. I'd be happy to help you finish her. Also, I'll try my hardest to sort out the Alras thing.

((Onto being 13, I totally understand. I have in fact made 3 successful MC servers, so I know how to be responsible and mature. though that is entirely to be proven in time, of course. I appreciate the +1, though! :D ))

((If fatwampa's happy, I'm happy. But try and get yourself allowed in Alras. Also, he's 13, I have a lot of friends this age that are mature-ish :P +1 from me bros.))

Then it's settled. If all have nothing left to say, the man known as Crow shall be extended an opportunity to prove his worth to the brethren and potentially become accepted into our ranks.

Crow will be contacted and brought to a designated location in which he will be able to complete the initiations and tests of the Brothers whereupon completion shall be admitted into the Obscurum Fratrum or, in the common tongue, the Dark Brotherhood.

Any oppositions must be spoken now or shall be ignored from this moment on.

Name ((MC)):

bouby99

Name ((IG)):

Ragnar_Trurlock_Gorkil

Real Life Age:

(sub)Race:

Orc, i don't really have a sub-race

Combat experience:

Ragnar has fought in many battles and wars, he lived on the streets for a long time, and he has experiences in killing as well as stealing. He has been doing a lot of bandit type work and has robbed kings before. ((I also had a previous character known as Malanar, He was the general in a guild called the white ravens. He led his fellow troops into battle many times.))

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum)

Ragnar’s childhood was not the greatest. He would get in fights all the time because of how he is. But all this is because of his family, if he should even call them that, his dad beat him to a pulp and barely fed him while his mother sits on her arse and watches. A cold snowy night Ragnar was not in an agreement with his father because of how he was treating his mother, his father grabbed him by the throat and slammed him against the sandstone wall making chunks fly from it. Ragnar tried to get out of his father’s grasp while pleading for him not to hurt him; he started flailing his arms wildly and hit him in the nose making blood pour from it. His father grew indefinitely enraged and screamed “Lat skah buub!” And jammed his finger in Ragnars eye twisting it around then he ripped his hand out making the eye come out as well. Ragnar screaming for mercy, faint of breath from his father’s hold, yelled out for his mother’s helped. She came into the room saw the blood and everything else that was happening; she looked Ragnar in the one eye he had left and shook her head, turned in the opposite direction, and walked away from Ragnar, His heart sank like a rock falling into water. His father let out a haunting laugh then threw him to the ground and started to scream at him once more saying “Lat skah!” Ragnar holding his eye in one hand and the other out in front of him tried to crawl away, but his father stomped on his stomach with so much force it shattered two ribs. Ragnar screamed as he coughed up blood, and laid on the floor accepting his fate to come. His father grabbed his throat once more saying “lat buub, lat liked to be nubhosh!?” he then looked towards the dangling eye and smirked as he proceeded to rip it out of its socket. He put his hand on Ragnars mouth silencing his voice, he then dangled the eye over his face and asked “Lat hungry?” he opened Ragnars mouth and held it open as he dropped his eye into the mouth making him eat it. Ragnar didn’t feel alive anymore, he threw his father off of him and they both stood up immediately, Ragnar feeling woozy and slightly dizzy of the lack of sight an agonizing pain he acted quickly and dove into his father’s chest taking him to the ground, without thinking he bit a chunk out his father’s throat. Blood spewed all over Ragnar and the yellow sandstone walls; panicking, he then grabbed an iron ingot on the table beside him and struck his father in the jaw with it. Ragnar feeling like an animal ran and barged out of the sand hut holding his face where the eye should have been running as fast as he can, and as far as he can. He fell to the ground and crawled into a cave, now Ragnar is only 15, and from this point he knows much about surviving alone. So Ragnar immediately built up a fire and threw the iron ingot into the fire, he then proceeded to grab the iron with his bare hand and placed it onto his open eye socket, sealing it together. Ragnar biting his teeth together like a savage Orc would, let out a loud roar, then threw the bar onto the ground and passed out from the pain.

A confounding day for Ragnar one he will surely never forget. It was a cold fall day, the wind was nicking at your neck and leaves were covering the land like a blanket. A day in which Salvanians were restless because of the peacekeepers acts and corruption. The event was full of nothing but the illuminating of darkness with each shout of the locals. More and more joined in, nothing more than Orcs.

They grow wary of useless shouting and decide to take action. They take up arms and begin attacking peacekeepers killing and eating them as if they were just wild swine. Oh no that is not enough… Just the beginning. Ragnar grows enraged and he loses his self-conscious and total mind set. Until he hears the words, those three words that changed his life forever “Flatten Dem Aul!” Ragnar had no hesitation he started killing them all.

The humans and elfs scattered into the bakery for salvation, oh but what a mistake that was. The Orcs charged in like a herd of charging bulls. Ragnar’s eyes searching the room for anything that breathes, his hands move before his mind tells him to do anything more; his hands are not his own. He swam in a pool of blood and guts by the end of it all and heard nothing but the war cry of “Glazug Votar!” and a little whimper in the corner of the room. It was but a child, an innocent little girl.

Ragnar ran towards her with no regret or mercy only a foot raised above his waist, then a slam, and another slam, and another slam. Blood spurts into his eyes but why should he stop? He raises his leg again and stomps on her limp body with his iron sabaton. The girl lays dead and so does Ragnar’s conscious. No regret, no mercy, no sorrow or pain is left for Ragnar to carry around. He is but only one thing, death.

Would you consider being a spy?:

I don't think my 12 foot orc would be to interested, but if you would have me do it then sure.

Past military experience:

I have been in many battles, I also have led a huge group of men into battle various times. I have raided castles before, and other guilds. My character has killed over 17 people RP. He also single handily took on groups of people in full iron and diamond and won.

Past criminal experience:

I have robbed and killed before, and also got a few assassin jobs

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc):

Ragnar does not belong to any of these, he currently kills for his days work of minas.

Useful, Non-military Skills:

Mining and excavation, excavation is at 100 and mining at 75.

What have you heard of us IC?

Nothing i have just seen assassins before.

What have you heard of us OOC?

I see people around on forums with your signatures and such, I always wanted to belong to an assassin type branch. So I came to the guilds and found this.

What skill level do you currently hold on the following? Note, to rank past Neopyhte a skill requirement of 40 is required in one of these fields.

Swords:

Axemastery:

Archery:

Wrestling:

Preferred weapon:

Axe.

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required):

Link

Also currently awaiting my Mini VA's approval for 2b.

Are you wanted in any countries?:

Probably Salvus, but I am wanted in some guilds for freeing a friend from prison and holding their leader captive.

Why do you want to join?:

My previous character was the total opposite of a villain, I wish for my Orc to be an assassin. I want to mix up the Rp experience and try this. This guild is fascinating, and has most certainly caught my eye, it looks perfect for my new character.

Define powergaming thoroughly:

power gaming is when you make other characters do something they do not want to do, for example *Ragnar punches Titus in the face knocking him out*. As you can see Ragnar did not give Titus a chance to get out of the way, or deflect the punch, but instead being immediately knocked out. Other known as powergaming.

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC?

Never.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary

.I would never do this IC, OOC I may mention it to a friend, but only trying to get him to join this wonderful community of killers. Also I would never mention vital information about this guild or any information at all.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion?

Yes.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath.

Yes.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood?

Yes.

Name ((MC)):

bouby99

Name ((IG)):

Ragnar_Trurlock_Gorkil

After reviewing your application, especially the biography, I have come to the conclusion that you deserve a chance to join the Dark Brotherhood. As such, a positive mark is given by me which, in combination with the positive vote of another Counselor, shall be the only required prerequisite to be accepted into the initiation process.

If I have spoken ignorant of factors that make this applicant unfit to ascend into our ranks, please inform me of the factor in question. If no such factors exist, my vote remains positive.

((Overall good, I think you put a lot of thought into this character and put moderate effort into your app. I believe I've read your bio before but I have no idea where. Anyways, I give you one of the necessary +1s to get in as an initiate.))

After reviewing your application, especially the biography, I have come to the conclusion that you deserve a chance to join the Dark Brotherhood. As such, a positive mark is given by me which, in combination with the positive vote of another Counselor, shall be the only required prerequisite to be accepted into the initiation process.

If I have spoken ignorant of factors that make this applicant unfit to ascend into our ranks, please inform me of the factor in question. If no such factors exist, my vote remains positive.

((Overall good, I think you put a lot of thought into this character and put moderate effort into your app. I believe I've read your bio before but I have no idea where. Anyways, I give you one of the necessary +1s to get in as an initiate.))

((I appreciate your support, thank you. Also the Bio was posted here once before while my VA was not accepted. Alas i have posted it again adding some events to it.))

Name ((MC)): xstealthgamerx

Name ((IG)): Nino Federici

Real Life Age: 16

(sub)Race: Northerner

Combat experience: I have encountered numerous amounts of enemies in my days traveling in Azulan, killing everyone who gets in my path!

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum) personality, etc.):

Hm, my story, nothing much to tell I lived in Oren in my younger days. My mother was kidnapped at age 8 and my father took care of me ever since, but he wasn't home all of the time. My father used to leave at nights and go to these weird places under the streets he told me he would tell me when I was old enough, but I soon found out, my father was part of a secret organization, The past months here in Azulan have been crucial to me, I get these wierd urges and feelings for executing people, I have done some things in the past that make me feel, powerful and strong, I have always wanted to emulate my father in a way that I cant explain, I guess it was the look in his eyes. At nights I dream of my mother and her beautiful smile. Im beginning to not care for humans or any existence in Asulan anymore.

Would you consider being a spy?: "I would never be so ignorant in anyway"

Past military experience: "I have been alone for days, but I have watched the men in these bases I see"

Past criminal experience: "I usually just execute my prey"

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc): "I am a swordsman, The dagger is my love"

Useful, Non-military Skills: When I am alone, I like to cut wood and make food for myself in my farm"

What have you heard of us IC? I have heard that the Brotherhood is a group of the most deadly assasins that no one would even dare to speak the name "the Dark Brotherhood"

What have you heard of us OOC? I heard that I belong in this family and that I am perfect to be a disciple of The Brotherhood

Swords: 15

Axemastery: 20

Archery: 5

I hope you consider inaugurating me to the family

Name ((MC)): xstealthgamerx

Name ((IG)): Nino Federici

I cannot, in good faith, grant you my support. This reads as if it were hastily thrown together, lacking the detail and effort we have come to expect here. Come back when you have the time to actually finish it then maybe we can hold discourse pertaining to your opportunity.

((It's early in the morning and school is chanting my name, this'll be quick.

bouby99 - +1

xstealthgamerx - -1

))

((does this mean im in?))

((does this mean im in?))

By all form of power invested in me by the Patronus Negotii I grant you the single opportunity of initiate. Fail this chance and gaining a second one will not be easy.

If all have nothing left to say I extend the chance, officially to Ragnar. Any who have issue with this may speak now or will have spoken too late. The orc will be contacted and brought to a designated location where his life among the Sicarius shall begin.

Expect to hear from a Brother soon.

((We'll have someone set a meeting up with you through pms.

Anyone have nothing to do?))