The Normandorian Sentinels (Malinorian Guard) Updated

Ithil

Out of Character:

MC name:gsnell

RP name:Barthen_Killzark

Race:Elf

Do you meet the basic recruit requirements? Yes I do.

-I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor

-I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree.

-I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

-I swear to follow the chain of command and strive to prove myself to them.

“As brothers in arms we strive to ensure the security and prosperity of our city. Harbingers of death to all who would oppose Her, paragons of justice to all who defy Her, protector of Her sanctity.”

Signed:Barthen

*The Sentinel asks you questions so he may ponder over your request to join the Guard, he beckons you to keep it brief*

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor? To the guard I will contribute help, assistance and courage, I can help out in most situations, if the worst comes to the worst I am good with a sword.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do? I would attempt to rectify who they are. If they do not answer or they are letting out bad body language and look like they are going to attack I would close the gates. If problems persist I would ask a higher rank I.e a sentinel for help.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? I wish to progress through the guard eventually to sentinel, I know this will take me a while to prove my self but I think I am capable.

Out of Character:

MC name: bubbaklutch

RP name: Mirkwood

Race: Wood Elf

Do you meet the basic recruit requirements?

Yes I do

In Character:

You read the Oath of the Guard:

-I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor.

-I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally.

“As brothers in arms we strive to ensure the security and prosperity of our city. Harbingers of death to all who would oppose Her, paragons of justice to all who defy Her, protector of Her sanctity.”

Signed: Mirkwood

*The Sentinel asks you questions so he may ponder over your request to join the Guard, he beckons you to keep it brief*

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor?

I can contribute my life to the royalty I will be protecting.

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?

Halt citizen, please state your Name & Business If you wish to proceed. I will also have to confiscate any Weapons or armor if you wish to proceed.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? In the future I wish to become a Sentinel Of Bow, and continue to guard the Normandor with my life.

Out of Character:

MC name:urukarseh

RP name:Fenrek

Race:human

yes

In Character:

Signed:Fenrek

i can contribute a loyal man for the gaurd(myself) and help where ever needed

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?close the gates and ask whom they are and what there buissness is in Normandor

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard?

i wish to progress to a sentilnal of shadows

Presents himself to the Commander of the guard and states "Now that I am of a lesser rank I do believe I have not said Oath." He starts "I swear to abide by all the rules of Normandor and the Kingdom of Malinor." Has a storm of coughing before starting again. "I swear to uphold the peace, justice and sanctity of the Elder Tree. I swear not to abuse my powers, to assist my brothers in arms and to conduct myself professionally. I swear to follow the chain of command."

OOC: Figured that needed to be done. The old guard is dead and yours has begun Ithil.

ok so let me get this straight is this a city or a guild ? ))

This is a somewhat of a subforum for the city of Normandor which is the capital of Malinor. This is where one would sign up for the guard of Normandor which is independent from malinor's military.

Out of Character:

MC name:evilpizzaman

RP name:Zerin

Race:Human

Yes,I do

In Character:

Signed:Zerin

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor?I have a lot of training with the sword and bow.I also was a Peacekeeper for Salvus

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?I ask there name and there reason for entry.If they dont talk to me then the wont be able to enter the city.

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard? I wish to become the highest rank I can and serve the city well.

Out of Character:

MC name: begreen98

RP name: Odsarh

Race:Dwarf

Do you meet the basic recruit requirements?: Yes

In Character:

Signed:Odsarh

Question 1: What can you contribute to the Guard of Normandor?: I can contribute to be a guardsmen then will help out whenever need. For example if we need dirt i can go and get dirt if we need someone on gate duty i can be on gate duty

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?: I close the gates and ask for their Name,Reason of being here and why they are fully armoured

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard?:I want to be progess to be the Sentinel of Arcane Arts

We're having a massive influx of new recruits coming and going, so it's becoming a bit hard to manage all the applications at the moment. Future events are going to generate a lot of traffic and we'll be happy to have so many prospective recruits. Just hang in there; our recruiter is mighty busy!

Out of Character:

MC name:White_rain

RP name: Jaques

Race:wood elf

yes

In Character:

Signed: Jaques

Spirit, Work, leadership and more!

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?

" who might you be?" "why are you here?" "who told you to come ere?" "If you have a problem talk to our leader"

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard?

I wish to help anyone in need. To make sure people stay safe and most of all to make life enjoyable as guard of Normandor

Out of Character:

MC name:Slapacookie

RP name:William

Race:Elf

yes i do

In Character:

Signed:William

I got good tactical skills and i am a great listener

Question 2: Armoured persons approach our gates, they are open. You don’t know why they are here. What do you do?Ask then what business they want here then tell the commander and see wether to stand in position or to try to make them retreat

Question 3: Where do you wish to progress in the Guard?well i need to see the ways of the town i would like to progress to magister

Okay all. Thank you for the Oaths. Welcome to the Normandor Guard!

((I will update the list shortly with who is in and isnt. Please present yourself to Normandor if you are successful!))

Updated: 13/02/2012

Update Notes: The Guard has been overhauled and remoulded to reflect the new role the Capital will play in the Malinorian Military. We now have a key role in that Military and will form Cohorts of it. The ranks have been changed to reflect this more international and kingdom presence.

The New Structure is as follows:

Normandorian Sentinels:

-Initiate

-Guardian

-Sentinel

-Sentinel Captain

Also I have introduced an Auxillia. These are fighters led by independant Captains who have sworn allegiance to the Captial and to the Princedom of Malinor:

-Auxillia Captain

-Auxillia Ranger

These modifications are to represent the new Kingdom responsibilites we assume as capital and will be developed further as our population grows. Rates of pay will be scaled upon population and could mean Sentinels will eventually be paid around 1000 minas a week, if not more!

So now if the perfect time to get involved!