Guild Of Cooks (Goc) (Not Recruiting W.i.p)

cometking123

---------------------------------------------------------

From the lowest valley to the highest peaks...

Bringing foods from every nation near and far

Whether it be pork or beef, bread or ale

We strive for excellence and effort into our succelent specialties

From the slop in the slums to dishes fit for kings

O, young cook, wise chef, old masters.

Come. Take your craft to ever higher heights.

With pot and pan, fork and knife, range and stove.

The Guild of Cooks may be forever known

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A poem from the "Chef's Handbook" Page 12.

Established in Juno, Year 32 of Asulon, by Master Chef John_Longtooth, also known by his title of "Fernard Sicari"

-(The Appetizer: An Introduction)-

We are the Guild of Chefs. A group of all races and descent. From the lowiest fool to the highest of noblemen, we take every one into our kitchen and make them like our own. In this guild, we do not play with battle. We are not noble soldiers. We are not a band of criminals. We are scholars of food, ways to help society through our craft and also help others in need of food, nourishment, and ale. Join for yourself, and you will join the ranks of chefs, cooks, and suppliers who strive for the very pinnacle of greatness as magians of meat, coaxers of soups, and charmers of the over. We strive for freshness and make sure that every loaf of bread that comes into your hand was made fresh from an oven, not by simply crashing wheat on a crafting table expecting miracles to happen. We make meat by cooking it in an oven like it is supposed to, without it going inside a chest with no rhyme or reason. We uphold quality, and I as leader shall guarentee that.

(The Salad: Ranks)

Master Chef

Only the most expert of chefs can take this spot as leader of the Guild of Chefs. With access to the guild coffers and kitchen resources, he is also responsible to finalizing vendors and also maintaining the quality of food. He can either give the position to one of the Chefs of the Square or one of the chefs can challenge him to a public duel (will be explained in the soup course). His word is law, and he has the final say in things. His or her knife is embossed with a diamond on the handle to show his rank.

Chefs of the Square

Chefs of the Square is the group of people fit to hold the position of Master Chef. There is an maximum amount of 5 chefs allowed into the Chefs of the Square. These people is responsible to oversee the kitchen and retain order inside. In addition they may also submit reviews of taverns and other food establishments. This review is sent up to the MasterChef to see if it is good enough for printing on the notice board in their own time. Chefs of the Square can also recommend new suppliers for the Master Chef's deliberation. These chefs MUST be chosen by the MasterChef or an Expert Chef may challenge them in a public duel in order to earn a position on the square table. Their knives are embossed with a gold seal to show their rank.

Expert Chefs

Expert chefs can specalize in two paths. the art of baking or the art of cooking, which handles meat and other things These folks are trained and also know their occupations well. The expert chefs has access to the public cooler, and enjoy the use of the kitchens. Due to their rank however, they cannot print reviews nor recommend suppliers. The Expert chefs mainly deal with experimentation and finding new ways to flavor or cook food, and also teach newer chefs to cook and to make sure that everything they put out is delicious and scrumptious. Their knives are embossed with seals that are carved into the wood instead of gold or iron.

((Folks with low cooking skill mainly will go to the baking branch. More experienced chefs may take the cooking path, but people can RP teach the art of cooking to these people.))

More ranks coming. Need sleep

(The Main Course: Duties and What we do)

(Soup: The Chef's Code of honor)

(Dessert: How to join and a few OOC pointers)

((This is clever and creative, for that you get a plus one from me. Perhaps a cooking school opened in one of the nations would be cool too? Perhaps serve as a guidhouse too? Regardless, I love the originality of this idea. Unfortunately, I cannot cook for my life so I myself won't be joining. However, I wish you luck and look forward to this thread being expanded upon!))

((Will the guild be cooking people or will it be legit?))

((Will the guild be cooking people or will it be legit?))

((It will be legit. Right now I'm making ranks. Make no mistake, this is about making new culinary recipes for races and people to richen roleplay and also to "ease" in ingredients such as fruits and spices not known to the world of Asulon yet due to not having an IG item for it yet (i.e cinnamon, pepper, oranges.)

I'm working on ranks right now.))

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.