Epic Event

Silent™

*A lone explorer wanders through the far northern forests, and stumbles upon a fresh crevice in the side of a mountain. He looks over the edge, then makes a note and sends a bird back to the south. At the moment of dusk, a group of townsfolk arrive upon the scene, and begin lowering a rope ladder down into the deep dark crevice. After about an hour they reach the bottom and find a winding tunnel in the side of the crevice. They light some torches and venture into the ever-darkening passage. Eventually the crowd of explorers find what appears to be an ancient arched gateway. They place some torches at the gate and begin to venture inwards into the massive labrinth. As they head inwards from the passage, they begin to notice that they are walking on an old cobble stone road. They notice some decrepid buildings along the road, and eventually find another arched gate. As they pass through the gate, they notice that that the wall conected to the gate is curling in a circle.*

*one man blurts out* "We're heading towards the center!"

*The leader of the group examines the wall and agrees that they appear to be going to the center of this labrinth. The group passes some much bigger buildings that have stood up better to the test of time. The group finally passes a massive arched gate, leading to a worn out bridge, and two massive iron guardians standing on platforms, on either side of the gate.*

*A man walks up to the rusted figure and taps it with the hilt of his sword. Seems satisfied and begins to head back to the group, only to hear a loud creak.*

*the man stands alone with his torch in the darkness, and stutters,"He...ello...?" Hears more creaking and turns around*

*The group hears a loud scream, and most of them become afraid*

*says to his 4 friends to follow him, and the rest to go back and find out what that screaming was. As the the group splits up, the 5 begin to cross the bridge, unsure of what lies beyond the reach of their torches light. They finally get to the end of the bridge and discover a reinforced iron door at the entrance of a massive building. They all pull together and open the massive gate door to find a long hallway with pillars, and a light shining at the end. They light some more torches and attach them to the pillars as they go along. The leader of the group walks up some steps to slightly raised platform with a large stone tablet in the center with a velvet red cloth covering the top of the tablet. Pulls of the cloth and discovers an ancient book resting right in the center.*

"Could it be..."

*the group leader reaches his hand towards the book, but just before he touches the artifact, it opens itself and suddenly the entire place begins to shake.*

- Massive gears are heard turning and lights all over the place begin to light up, revealing to them a massive city-

*All the explorers begin to gaze around in awe as the city begins to come back to life*

"A city... swallowed by the earth... and hidden for centuries..."

*The group of explorers see the wall above the group's leader begins to crumble away. He quickly grabs the book and lunges out of the way of the falling debris.*

-A large slumbering dragon awakens and turns to face the explorers-

*The group looks at eachother as their eyes rest upon the ancient dragon as it begins to come towards them...*

(This is how it would be RPed and if anyone needs some OOC details just respond to this post. I really would like to do an event along these lines, and have many ideas. Thank you for your time -Silent_slayer )

It seems to me that the main obstacle is finding this location? There aren't many other elements listed here that suggest that there would be much struggle other than the collapse - would that be redstone? or GM'd?

Well, Last night when I write this, I only had about half an hour and didn't get to fill in all the details on how it would go down. I may do a quick sketch-up of the city while some light is shining in paint or on paper. the whole city would have redstone going all over the place, linking up to redstone lights and to old fountains, releasing water and what not.

So the area we would construct this in is very very very far north. We could hopefully get a group of people to work on building the massive mountain and raising the land slightly in the area around it, while I and my friends work on the city itself. It would be a multi district city with 3 walls forming multiple layers of protection and getting more fortified as it goes inwards. However the effects of time would make the wall more warn down and craked in areas if not collapsed in one or two spots on the outer two rings. The inner most wall surrounding the Keep/palace would be much more fortified, have a bigger gate, and GMs disguised as iron golems waiting ever vigilant.

While we are builing it, we could region off the area and when players try to enter it says "The terrain is becoming far too rough to venture onwards." When we trigger the even though, there could be a broadcast that says "Massive sisemic activity shakes that lands of Asulon, being felt first by the north most nations" or something like that. Then obviously players would start to head north. I would be waiting at the massive crevice and when players arrive we start to go down the hole.

Once we reach the bottom, my friends and I would start placing torches as we go along, and once we reach the outermost gate, which will be rather worn down, we will light up the area and venture into the city.

The layout of the city will be divided into 4 quadrants. the north-east, the north-west, the south-east and finally the south-west. Every spot on the outermost wall will have a gate at the north, south, east and west most points. Thus, the outer wall will have 4 gates. Inbetween the 1st and second wall will be lower and middle class buildings. most of these buildings will be decrepid and deterierating. What you might want to now is that each quadrant is dived by a diagonal line. if the point we enter at is 0 degrees, than the walls will be extending out at 45, 135, 225, and finally, 315 degrees from the second wall to the first. At the center of each of these dividing walls will be a small gate. Each quadrant of the city will be racially altered. There will be a Human, Elf, Dwarf and Orc quadrant, each with a slightly different building style, but all revolving around the same base design.

On to the next area. The second wall will only have 2 gates. One at the westerly most point and one at the east. This wall will be slightly more raised than the outer most wall, and will be quite thicker. Between this wall and the inner-most wall will be the noble district. Located inside will be a combonation of the four races, as well as the church, the Barracks, and other important stuff. The final and inner most wall, will be about 10-15 blocks thick, with a massive gate at only one point. It will be at the southern end of the wall and be the most fortifed of all the gate houses. After you pass the gate, there will be a bridge that rises slightly in the center and crosses a massive chasam that goes all the way around within the inner wall.

After you cross this bridge, there will be a large platform rising up from the chasam, with a large royal building on the top of it. Once you get off the bridge, you will be standing infront of a large wooden door with iron braces. The door will be slightly open, so a one block wide gap, and leads into a large hallway with huge columns on either side going to the other end of the hall. At the end of the hall will be a slightly raised platform with 4 thrones and a stone tablet in the center.(Each throne will be for the leader of each race) The stone tablet will have a book resting on top of it, and a small light source keeping the platform lit. Once I walk up to the book and stand infront of it an invisible GM will pull a lever and the whole city will start to light up. Noises will be heard from pistons and flowing water/lava. About 10 seconds after everything has light up, the other 2 invisible GMs will begin to detroy the wall above the thrones starting from a center point.

Thus, the final GM disguised as an Enderdragon will climb out of the hole and fly upwards through a large hole in the cieling and smash through the top of the mountain. This will be triggered by some TNT and when the GM flys up, they hit a button and the top blows off. This will let light pour in on the City and will form a bright light in the Throne room on the platform. I will then slowly approach the platform, while everyone waits about 10m behind me in a circle. I will then walk to each throne, and wipe some dust off the top of the trone. There, engraved in the thrones will be 4 names. Each of which a last name from the 4 different races. (we will of course choose the names before hand and pick the best RPers that we think would fit the job) I would read out first the Orcish name, followed by the Elven name, then the Dwarvish name, and finally the Human name, Drayzont.

The four people who have these surnames will be given perms at that moment, and will approach the platform. The four of us will then sit in our races throne as a broadcast will go out. "A new age has begun. The decendents of the four ancient royal families have returned to their rightful place in [name pending]." those who know of the events purpose will emote getting on there knees and bowing to the the two kings and two queens.

We will then begin to restore and uncover the city over the next few IRL weeks, and the City of [name pending] will be back to its former glory. This City will become the head of all four nations and the capital of Asulon as it was centuries ago. Another Broadcast will go out when the city is finished being restored "A new age of peace and prosperity has begun in Asulon." This will then end the event and the "new" city will become a bustling wonderland of awsomness.

Of course, this won't be the end of this event fully. With all the nations together, who will the antagonists be? We will have to bring about the revival of an ancient evil brought about the city's burrying beneath the lands of Asulon. Bum-bum buuuummmmmm...

Thank you for your time,

-Silent_slayer

I like where you are going with this, if you need any help what so ever, feel free to pm me or tell me here. I would love to assist in any way possible.