House Flay

Zezimus

House Flay

1p6yrq.png

“Blood For Coin”

Latest News

- House Flay is currently recruiting Bannermen who meet the requirements listed.

- House Flay has been granted Nobility in the Holy Oren Empire.

- House Flay has now been made the Banner House of House Horen.

- With Count August Flay's departure, his brother, Count Tiberius Flay has taken over the running of the House.

House Information

What we do

House Flay is infamous for its military strength and merciless attitude. Its members are noted for their fanatical zeal for King Godfrey and the House itself. Raiding those considered enemies of Renatus and House Flay are extremely common place, as well as slaving and kidnapping.

Attitudes Towards Others

What separates members of House Flay from other Houses in Renatus is their outright aggressive attitude towards any and all not of their own. Unless proven battle comrades, members are expected to show hostility to every nation, guild, race, etc... that is not known to them, including other noble houses except on explicit orders from the leaders. Always have a knife ready the moment you meet someone, for House Flay is well known, and well hated.

The Trial

Being accepted as an initiate does not make you a full fledged member of House Flay, joining is much more of a daunting task then one might think; a sacrifice of one’s humanity and morals is just the start. To pass the trials of House Flay and become an official member one must...

- Skin a bystander alive

- Participate in two large raids

- Be victorious in battle and show exemplary service for at least two elven days while in the presence of other members

- Swear allegiance to House Flay and its leader, Count August Flay

Customs

The most noticeable feature about House Flay is its practice of skinning its enemies alive, and in some cases dead. Soldiers hang trophies of these skins, from any and all races and allegiances, as a show of glory. These sometimes full body husks of rotting flesh are seen as a sign of military merit in the House, and the more a soldier has on his wall, the more respected and prone for bonuses.

Lore and History

On the 37th year in Asulon, August Flay, otherwise known as Prince; a renowned villain known for his crimes throughout the realm created House Flay, under the authority of Duke Nico Silverblade and King Godfrey of Renatus.

August Flay had become infamous in a short amount of time for his time as a bandit leader, and ruthless killer. Characterized by his blood red bandanna, his methods of death were gruesome, and his victims often had done little wrong. At the height of his power, he challenged nations, and had the audacity to kidnap Kings and Queens, in many occasions thrashing their armies on the open field. Some even respected him for the large power he had garnered from nothing, although most simply hated him.

n3uz9.png

The reign of terror would soon end, as eventually Prince would be betrayed, abandoned by his allies, and defeated time and again. As a last ditch effort to save himself from destruction, Prince, with his few remaining soldiers journeyed to Arethor, capital of Renatus. There, he brought gifts to its King Godfrey, in hopes that he could find asylum from his many enemies.

352nlnt.png

King Godfrey was in a forgiving mood, and despite having himself fought against Prince in battle, granted him the opportunity to fight for Renatus and her people. At this, Prince swore the loyalty of himself and his men to the great House Silverblade and Godfrey himself, and put aside the name “Prince” forever.

With that, House Flay was created as banners to the Silverblades, who gave title and land to the newly made group. August was quick to try and prove himself to Godfrey, and engaged in many attacks, ethical or not, to try and further Renatus’s power. Rumors circulated all over of the House made up of villains and led by an ex-bandit, especially their habit to “flay” their enemies alive and hang them on their walls as trophies.

Mere years have passed since House Flay's establishment, but it has created a solid beachhead in Renatus and Asulon politics. They reside today in the keep known as the Dreadfort, a foreboding place with many secrets, where they plot their next move...

5nsupw.png

More recently, House Flay was granted nobility in what is now known as the Holy Oren Empire. Pleased with the work of House Flay, King Godfrey chose it as his own Banner House of House Horen, a great accomplishment in the House's history. However, with August Flay's mysterious departure from the Human lands, his brother Count Tiberius Flay has taken over the running of the House.

House Roster

House Head

Count Tiberius Flay - (Zezimus) - [1,2ab,3,4,5]

Captain of the Guard

Position Open

Sergeant of the Guard

“Tom” - (Andyboy124) [1,2ab,3,4]

“Thrive” - (Mystronghold) [1,2ab,4]

Position Open

Torture Master

Gawyn Flay - (CreeperSlayer999) [1,2ab,4]

Alchemist

Position Open

House Baron

Divinus Von Xiphias - (DivinusXiphias) [1,2a]

House Knight

Redbain Adelban - (Jtheo2016) [1,2a]

“Savage” - (TheCrackerJack) [1,2ab,4]

Guardsman

Vincent VonMorte - (Mdhegs) [Need Villains #’s]

Vlad VonMorte - (CollosalCheddar) [Need Villains #’s]

Men-at-Arms

Elijah Baselius - (BigHatMan) [Needs Villain App]

“Lust” - (Chafferccino) [1,2ab,4]

Drelik Letholdus - (Csalz96) [1,2ab,4]

Gawyn Flay - (CreeperSlayer999) [1,2ab,4]

Rio Coconuts - (Coconuta) [1,2ab]

Delrick - (MC Name Needed) [Need Villains #’s]

Auckes Torryg - (Xanivic) [1,2a,4]

Aeries - (Nic201) [1,2ab,4]

Divinus Von Xiphias - (DivinusXiphias) [1,2a]

Charles Greymane - (Rurrik) [1,2a]

"The Skull" - (Leland22) [1,2ab]

Eryl - (Aradel) - [1,2a]

Initiates

Delthor - (BannanaToYou) [Need Villains #’s]

Dex - (SimplePancake, Aoze) [1,2ab,4]

Mirkwood Telrunya - (Camsa) [1,2ab]

[Need Rp Name] - [Need MC Name]

[Need Rp Name] - [Need MC Name]

Associates

John Woods - (Komodo445) [No Va]

Elysia Von Morte - (HylianMuffin) [1,2ab,4]

Rules

- Do not kill or seriously wound another member of House Flay, on penalty of death

- Do not raid or assault allies of House Flay or other Noble Houses of Renatus, unless explicitly stated, on penalty of death

- Do not betray House Flay, on penalty of death

- Do not disrespect your superiors, on penalty of death

- Do not hesitate in combat or when given an order, on penalty of death

- Do not insult males of the Renatan royal family, or Count August Flay, on penalty of death

Pay

- 150 Mina a Week

- Riches from battle

- Bonuses in Gold and Diamond

- A free 10x10 room in the Dreadfort

- Diamond Armor

- Rations, and armaments

Requirements

Man at Arms

In Character:

- Must fight for House Flay and its allies

- Must be well versed in the art of battle

- Must possess few morals and be cold and obedient

- Must be willing to follow every order given by a superior

Out of Character:

- Villain numbers 2a and 2b required

- Villain numbers 1 and 4 recommended

- Teamspeak recommended

- Must be somewhat active on the forum

Application

Please post your applications as a reply to this thread.

In Character

RP Name:

Race:

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs):

Previous line of work:

What are your professions and talents?:

How proficient are you in combat? (Combat Levels)

Why do you want to join House Flay?

Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Flay and Count August Flay?

Out of Character

MC Name:

Do you have the following (Not Required):

Skype (Y/N)

TeamSpeak (Y/N)

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA):

((Oh look at Zezy, giving himself all evils :P

This looks really good, and provides some diversity to the noble houses. Very interesting.))

((Uh, sorry Zezimus. I only got 2a and 1, currently working on mini app for 2b and 4 though so keep an eye out :P))

((Sorry Redbain, by the looks of it, some of the evils aren't entirely correct and will need to be updated, lol. Consider that work in progress for now :P))

*Savage prowls about the Dreadfort. He ponders the dilemna in regards to his excess loot before charging up to the foyer and barking out to his peers...*

"Prithee, comrades, whoth shalt me sell lootie too? Airone, galded n' daomean galore, but me a poor merchants. People see Savage and think "he smelleth of wrot and toil! Begone!"

Plus Savage not a like of bargain. Troublesome, and no fun. Savage used to taking.

Can anyone be war-merchant? Trade bannerman loot for coin, keep commission, give rest? Me would be happy if so."

*Savage crawls about, grinning in the manner of a dumb dog and hoping for a response.*

(BTW, I have 1,2ab,4)

In Character

RP Name: Charles Greymane -The Hunter

Race: Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs):

Charles Greymane is a quiet and calm young man who spent his earlier years hunting the forest of Asulon and grew quite deadly with the bow and arrow because of this. As he grew Charles began to venture out of the forests from time to time to sell furs and pelt, along with the occasional animal following behind him that he would sell to a butcher or a farmer who needed it. When the time came for Charles to leave the forest he explored quite a lot in his late teens and earned a small reputation as a great shot with the bow and would usually be found roaming from town to town offering his skills with the bow, after a few years though Charles began to miss his old home, the forests, and decided to venture back and try to live as he once had. A year after he started living in the forests Charles was forced into service as a pirate on the Obsidian Flame a ship that once ruled the seas from Skull Port and on, but after a few years of indentured service and his choice to join the crew, Charles was once again left without a job when the Captain mysteriously disappeared leaving the crew to wander around the seas and eventually leave the life as a pirate. Charles is now back home looking for a place that he can offer his skills once again and earn a living for himself.

Previous line of work:

Peace Keeper Recruit for Salvus, Captain of the Guard for Azaghost Hold, and many other jobs that I cannot mention to protect previous employers.

What are your professions and talents?:

I am a free-lance bowman that spends time when off duty or out of work hunting in the forests, skinning and trapping to earn a meager living. I am quite stealthy and quiet when it comes to stalking my prey.

How proficient are you in combat? (Combat Levels)

Archery -99 (with about 10k left) Swords -41

After his indentured service on the Obsidian Flame was served and his choice to stay on the ship as a full fledged crew member, Charles was saddened to find that one day while waking up from a massive hangover that involved plenty of drinking from the night before, that Captain Woolbeard had disappeared. Over the following months the Obsidian Flame's crew began to desert so they could find other lines of work to quench their tastes for adventure. Charles was one of the last to leave Skull Port and he did it on a burdened heart, when he returned home he had found that the little hut that he had spent most of his child hood and young adult life in, had been reclaimed by the forest and was nothing more then a heap of collapsed walls, overgrown weeds, and rotted furniture. Charles turned to rebuilding his small home and hunting the forest once again, while doing the occasional odd job for anything that the forest couldn't provide for him. One day while he was trading some furs to get some salt preserves, Charles found a piece of parchment nailed to the village board that stated that House Flay was hiring bannermen and only the most ruthless and hardened men and women were being accepted to join the ranks of the Houses guard, Charles decided it was time to take up a new line of work and walked home to pack up his supplies and see if the recruiter would accept his skills.

Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Flay and Count August Flay?

Yes I would.

Out of Character

MC Name: Rurikk

Skype (Y/N) Yes

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA): 1 and 2a, working on getting 2b. VA for 1, and 2a

((VA numbers are now updated and should all be correct.))

Hello Boltons! A nice adaptation if I ever saw one. I am quite the Game of Thrones fan as well. Anyway, I contacted Coaster on my entrance to Flay several days ago. I would have posted this application some time back, but I had to deal with a bit of real life garbage these past two days. I’m ready though for some RP if you decide to accept me. Now take note that this following character is just an example. This example is also assuming that I am accepted, and my new character can be role-played this way this. If not then I’ll just make a character which doesn’t have to do with Flay. I expressed to Coaster that I’m making a new character and I will be willing to play whatever you need in House Flay be it a squire, page, courtier, servant, emissary, blacksmith, cook, anything. I’d even play as a young Flay if Coaster needs someone to RP as the byproduct of his new marriage. So if you don’t like this character, but I’m still able to join, I can make a new one. Here’s my first example, I hope you enjoy!

In Character

RP Name: John Woods

Race: Human

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): John Woods was born into a whorehouse. Quite literally in fact, John’s mother was a prostitute in Arethor. She gave birth to John on a cold winter night when the ice frosted the windows and business was hearty. John’s life would prove to be rugged and weathered as was the day of his birth. Living on the streets of Arethor was not easy, especially since he was a smaller child than his peers and, despite his swiftness; fights were not something John was good at avoiding. They say that fate is fickle. Tis true for a young nine-year-old John.

On his ninth birthday, a winter eve colder than any other, fires were brewing in Arethor. Mobs and riots broke out with looting and destruction occurring throughout the city. The riot is believed to be incited by the royal guard, under orders of a rogue captain. However other rumors speculate that it for whatever reason, the King himself was behind the fire. This did not change reality. John stood in the snowy streets and watched as his home was burnt to ashes. After hearing that his mother and her colleagues, did not escape, the truth would sink in. Never again would mother and son meet.

Life now was a fight for survival for John. He ran the streets, begging for lunch and stealing for his dinner. For a whole year, this was the existence of the poor boy. However, as they say fate is fickle it can also be forgiving…. A boy, dirty and covered in rags, laid beneath a bridge his stomach growling for food. As he lay beneath the bridge, waiting for his slow agonizing death a sound came above on the road. Hooves. A troop of freelance rangers rode over it on their way out of the city to adventure in the unknown Wilds. However, by chance, by fate it seems, one horse tripped on a pothole. The rider fell, rolling down the hill over the bridge. Clawing to his feet, cursing while his comrades laughed, the rider felt a presence. There he saw the young boy beneath the bridge huddled up for warmth. Puzzled, the man took mercy on the boy. This man’s name was Thomas Woods. Taking the boy from the bridge, he fed him a roll of bread, wrapping him warmly in his coat. And so, the story of Thomas and John Woods flourished.

The two would grow to become as close as father and son with John taking the name of Woods. Thomas would go on to mentor John, teaching him the ways of archery and survival. Being part of a mercenary company that travelled the Wilds, they would fight with each other in many skirmishes. It was only at the age of eighteen that John would choose to leave his friend and set off on his own path. And so begins my story….

Previous line of work: Poacher, Ranger, Hunter, Adventurer

What are your professions and talents? : Archery, Survival. Worked previously as a mercenary ranger.

How proficient are you in combat? (Combat Levels) Adequately skilled in archery (level 40). Dabbles in swordsmanship (level 5).

(Considering that this is assuming my new character has already joined Flay, I will tell the story of how he came about to join. It’s rather controversial since I’ve assumed a lot about the characters in it, but I hope you enjoy it.)

The story of how John Woods came to the House of Flay is an odd one, a story that starts with a single arrow. Travelling across Asulon with only a bow, quiver, and his mentor’s coat in his possession, Woods found his way to the Kingdom of Renatus, poaching for what food he could find. However as fate would dictate, he should also wander unto the lands of Dreadfort, home of the Flays. This would prove ill for Woods, as the penalty for poaching on Flay lands was not a pleasant one, and he would soon find himself caught by the men of Count Flay himself.

Taken to Dreadfort, John was brought before the August Flay for his judgment. Now, usually Flay would order a slow, painful execution for such criminals, though today something was odd. “There is something strange about this one,” August thought. He saw the gleam in his eyes and his slow breathes. This man was either a killer, or a man willing to do whatever it takes to survive. And so, to alleviate his boredom he felt that day, August instead chose to give the man a test. His bannermen were known for being ruthless marauders, quite capable of committing whatever task was required for their lord. They were trained not to kill and torture those who broke such law, and to seek cunning, survival, and in the end victory, over defeat. Flay decided to test this poacher, to see if he was a man trying to be brave in taking from Flay’s lands, a man cowardly enough to let others take his fall, or a man cunning enough to do whatever is required to survive. And so Flay gave the following challenge to the poacher known as Woods.

Flay told the poacher that there was a man who owed him money. Now he had been waiting for his debt for quite some time, and usually at this point he would send his men to “rough up” the debtor and either take the money, or bring him to Dreadfort for his punishment. However in this case he would give John a unique task. He was to bring the debt, several hundred minas, to Dreadfort within two days. The rules for the task were for the man to not be harmed in anyway. However Count Flay, being a clever man, placed a twist on the task/test. If Woods succeeded in bringing the money to Dreadfort, by midnight two days from then, then he would be killed and the debtor spared. If the debt was not payed then the debtor would be killed and Woods released to go on his way. However, if Woods broke the one rule, if he so much as harmed the man let alone kill him, then Woods must owe a lifetime of service to Count Flay. And so the task was set. Woods left Dreadfort on midnight to find the man.

Now the cleverness to Flay’s entrapment was this. The man was in fact an informant to Flay. He had in return extorted the minas from Flay’s enemies and was prepared to pay it. To make sure of this, Flay ordered a man to ride to the informant’s dwelling and alert him ahead of time of Flay’s challenge. This meant that if Woods chose to let the man die, sit and do nothing, the man would pay the debt anyway and Flay would kill John for being a coward. If John went out to help the man then he would die by seeing to it that he pay the debt. He would then be killed for being a soft individual who stood up for criminals. However if he killed the debtor to take the money, and in turn gave it to Flay, he would prove his worth as a brutal thief and murder, thus breaking Flay’s rules and being forced to join him as a servant. Either way, Flay would win.

Now despite his young age, John Woods was not a foolish man. His sly cunning had gotten him out of scraps before, and he had heard of Flay on his journeys. Woods knew it would be too easy for him to sit and wait while the man did not pay the debt. Woods knew that his odds of escaping this trap were little, though he knew that if he was to bargain with Flay, he would want to do it on his own terms. And if he was to die, he would like to humiliate the Count first. Woods devised a plan that would win him his freedom and his life. And so John set out for the debtor, to speak to him. After seeking him out on the first day, John found the man and accosted him. The man told him he would take not take the money to Flay, saying that he was under orders not to. This was true, as Flay wanted to see if John would kill the man, or instead warn him if his imminent death and convince him to go to Dreadfort or give the money to Woods. When John told him he would be killed if he did not go to Dreadfort, the informant became confused. Not knowing of Flay’s entire plan, as few of his men did, the informant agreed to go. Woods plan had fallen into place.

Woods arrived at Dreadfort’s gate minutes to midnight prior to the deadline. He held out the man and his minas to Flay as he and his men-at-arms stood before the gate. He told the informant to hand the money to Flay. As Flay went to accept it, he said to Woods, “It is a shame I will have to kill you know, you may have proved worthy for my service,” He motioned for his men to detain Woods but, before this was possible, Woods notched an arrow, fired, and striking his mark… The informant’s leg. Wounding him, Woods grabbed the bag of minas. He held it out for Flay to see as the moon rose to its full height. Midnight had fallen, and the man was neither unharmed, nor the debt paid. Woods had played by his own rules, and preformed the unexpected. Flay stood, his hand raised, men waiting for an order, and watched the poacher who had cleverly entrapped the entrapper. Flay and Woods agreed that with his rule broken, and the man wounded, that Woods did not owe service to Flay due to the fact that the debt was not paid in time, and that the rule was only instigated if it were paid. However Flay found that he could still win and avert such embarrassment.

Flay ordered that the informant be taken to his dungeons for his execution. Both the informant and John were surprised. John called for Flay to stop. As Flay expected, Woods was not a killer. A survivalist perhaps, but not a killer. John argued that the rule was broken. The man was in fact harmed. Therefore one of the two must go free and the other must owe a lifetime in service to Flay. Since the informant had already been in Flay’s service then John volunteered for the man to go free. Flay, pleased by this outcome, found himself entertained by the poacher. He promised John that if he found his place among House Flay that he would be treated as well as any other man there. Of course Count August Flay’s promises are as good as you can throw him. And that is not very far….

Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Flay and Count August Flay? Yes, considering I owe him my life.

Out of Character

MC Name: Komodo445

Skype (Y/N) Yes I do. I use it fairly often as well.

TeamSpeak (Y/N) I do not, though I may make one for this guild.

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA): Coaster and I spoke about this. I hope it isn’t too much of an issue.

Notes: Thanks for taking the time to read all that if you did. It took me awhile to type it up, especially since I posted this past midnight. Cheers, Goodnight, Happy Mother's Day and all that jazz.

(stop making me want to join...)

[on iPod, excuse mistakes]

In Character

RP Name: *Dex smiles, as he looks at the paper.* "Ah, Prince. Looks like we meet again. As you already know, my name is Dex. I hope you can forgive my betrayal? I have gathered much information for you."

Age: *Dex grins, yet again, and laughs a bit.* "Surely, Prince, you know that I am 40 years of age?"

Race: *Dex booms with laughter.* "I am quite obviously a Dark Elf, for that is what my skin tone says!"

Short Biography (1-2 Paragraphs): *Dex groans. "Well, then. If you MUST know my story...I was born into the Assasin's guild, known as the 'Dark Brotherhood'. A pathetic group of assasins who try their best to be fearded, even though they could not kill a single person. Quite the group of idiots, if you ask me."

"Anyway, years after, I came into work with Lucas and yourself. We worked, killed, schemed, and caused much trouble. So, after many years, Vance, who I grew to love like a father, became my partner. We rebeled against you, and we fought you and Lucas. When eventually, Lucas was sick of it. Lucas didn't want any more of this war, so he departed."

"Then what happened, you ask? Well, I joined the Ordinator's with most of my allies. Vance, Rusen, and many more became Ordinator's. After many fights and struggles, I gave up. I left Salvus, as there was nothing left. I now seek a proper group to fight with, and this seems like the group I am looking for."

Previous line of work: *Dex cracks up with laughter. "Ahh...Lets see. Assasin, Con Artist, Torturer. I

believe I have what it takes to join this amazing House?"

What are your professions and talents?: *Dex thinks a bit before he replies.* "As you will know, I am quite quick with my tongue. I can often lie out of situations, and am almost never caught. I can also bring in a quick amount of Minas Conning people, pretending to give them items, and just running after I get their money."

How proficient are you in combat? (Combat Levels) "I am very skilled with a sword, as a few of you may know." (Level 100 swords, 100 Blacksmithing, and 75 Mining)

Why do you want to join House Flay? *Dex smiles warmly.* "Well, there is nothing left for me in this world. I wish for something new. I wish for something more. I wish for the ol' corruption we used to create. Now that you have a new group, why shouldn't I join?"

Would you be willing to swear loyalty to House Flay and Count August Flay? *Dex sighs.* "Prince, I know I have said this many times. But this time I actually mean it. I will never betray you, ever again. I shall never hurt any of House Flay's members, unless they deserve it."

Out of Character

MC Name: Currently, my MC name is Aoze.

Skype (Y/N) Yes, I do. I would prefer not to share it with the whole Forums, though.

TeamSpeak (Y/N) Yes, I do.

Which evils do you have an accepted villain application for? (Include a link to your VA): I have 1, 2a, 2b, and 4, but I cannot get the links working. Though I am sure you have all seen my VA and Mini Va's.

-Note-

I was incredibly tired when I wrote this, so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.

Oh, and sadly, I am in the timezone AEST. What does that mean? It means that my RP will be a bit restricted.

Edit: 1,400th post :D

Ahhh House Flay, I have heard few and gruesome things about them, but this should expand my knowledge about them.

Hmph, perhaps arrangement's with Die Bank des Heiligen Sankt Maria, could be arranged in the future, since the Flays appears to be extremely capable blades.