[✓] [Lore] The North Star

Lym

The North Star

"So I'll forever keep my promise to you,

In my heart I know you'll never be far.

The first time I saw you my soul knew,

You'd always be my beautiful north star."

The north star is a star visible at day and night. It always appears in the north, hence it was used by seafarers since the very first beginnings of the discovery of the basics of Astrology to guide their ships. The north star already existed in Aegis, however it was barely recognized and noticed by most. Except for the time when the people of Aegis fled through the portal into the Verge and went onward from there with their ships and many were thankful for the orientation assistance of the north star, it was forgotten soon again.

Those however who study the ancient sky and it's secrets are aware of the north star. There are many legends and rumors regarding the north star, only a few know it though.

Back in the time when Iblees was banished from this world after he cursed Malin, Krug, Urgan and Horen and the races of Aegis slowly started to rebuild their kingdoms and towns, there was a pair of twins. Neither their race nor their gender was known, though most storytellers believe they were boy and girl. The two lived in a quaint village not too far from their capital, yet far away from all the worries and problems of civilization back then. They always had enough food even though they had to help out their mother and father with work on the field or other minor tasks. Life was good, no doubt. The two would spend evenings outside, admiring the pretty stars. It was those moments of peace and sibling love when in one night, the sky brightened. They both stared at the sparkling, nearly blending light. Words could not describe what happened. After the light slowly died down, a new, pulsing and bright-shining star appeared on the night sky. Later, this was known as one of the first super novas in the history of the universe.

The siblings did not know what happened, they did not know what this new thing was or how to describe it. They just sat there, holding hands. The two were never seen again after that night.

The north star

20121204231348.png

The north star in relation to the sun

20121204231355.png

Credits go to TobiwanKenobi's Inspiration Texture Pack with the amazing sky. Here a link to the video on YouTube in which he presents his new sky texture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH002MW4ABg

TL;DR version:

I'd like to have the north star I'm using in my own texture pack remix as approved lore. If this gets accepted, I'm probably going to fiddle around with the twin characters and make them show up in 3.0 :)

Questions, anything you'd like to say, feedback (no matter if positive or negative!)? Feel free to comment or to send me a PM on the forums or contacted me via TS or Skype.

I like it

I like it. Seafaring roleplay, travelling roleplay, cartography lore, all the little things that make the big things less ridiculous.

Cool, but could we change the name? I feel like North Star is already used :wink:

Maybe the Aengul star?

This would be helpful to those who would be able to navigate with it, and it's very realistic, great idea.

Cool, but could we change the name? I feel like North Star is already used :wink:

Maybe the Aengul star?

Are you referring to the IRL north star or is there an IC north star already? ^_^

Aengul star sounds good but I'd probably have to ask Blundermore if there was an Aengul for navigation, safe travels and seafarers or so :lol:

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's greatly appreciated! It really encourages me :)

HEY HEY HEY, I am working on a sky map. Using default. Jesus man.

Are you referring to the IRL north star or is there an IC north star already? ^_^

Aengul star sounds good but I'd probably have to ask Blundermore if there was an Aengul for navigation, safe travels and seafarers or so :lol:

Thanks for all the feedback so far, it's greatly appreciated! It really encourages me :)

Yeah, meant the RL North Star. Yeah, North Star is fine, but it would be cool if it had a neat RP name.

Going to post some names that i think would be good.

Star of the Oceanic Angeul?

Northerner's lantern?

Star Of the Guide Angeul?

Sailor's guide?

Sea lamp of the north?

Well, Anguel and Daemon lore doesn't really expand much into actual characters or named individuals much. But I wouldn't put it past there not being an Anguel like that, or even a Daemon for that matter. Remembering that Anguels are usually the one to interfere with mortals straight up, and Daemons kinda take a more subtle, laid back role. (Apart from Iblees of course, but he was different from the rest remember). Anguels deal in the here and now mostly, acting in mortal sight in obvious manner, hence why we've hardly seen any Daemons. Whilst daemons deal with knowledge, arcane arts, etc... Scholarly is their game most of the time and the effects they have apon the world are subtle at the utmost, to such degree sometimes that it leaves mortals wondering if they've even done anything at all...

Or... it could just be a star...

Hope this helps

-Blundermore

Can you change the font color for mobile friendly ??

Well, Anguel and Daemon lore doesn't really expand much into actual characters or named individuals much. But I wouldn't put it past there not being an Anguel like that, or even a Daemon for that matter. Remembering that Anguels are usually the one to interfere with mortals straight up, and Daemons kinda take a more subtle, laid back role. (Apart from Iblees of course, but he was different from the rest remember). Anguels deal in the here and now mostly, acting in mortal sight in obvious manner, hence why we've hardly seen any Daemons. Whilst daemons deal with knowledge, arcane arts, etc... Scholarly is their game most of the time and the effects they have apon the world are subtle at the utmost, to such degree sometimes that it leaves mortals wondering if they've even done anything at all...

Or... it could just be a star...

Hope this helps

-Blundermore

I thought Daemon's were the ones the like change?

Why do you think that there are at least six named Anguels that have all affected the world in a way that mortals can see and only two named Daemons that have effected the world in some way?

WELL.. You can use a monk verse, and perhaps name for it? The Star of Kendrith, even through the sun is * Technically* Kendrith, it is a nice name none the less!

The North Star

"So I'll forever keep my promise to you,

In my heart I know you'll never be far.

The first time I saw you my soul knew,

You'd always be my beautiful north star."

The north star is a star visible at day and night. It always appears in the north, hence it was used by seafarers since the very first beginnings of the discovery of the basics of Astrology to guide their ships. The north star already existed in Aegis, however it was barely recognized and noticed by most. Except for the time when the people of Aegis fled through the portal into the Verge and went onward from there with their ships and many were thankful for the orientation assistance of the north star, it was forgotten soon again.

Those however who study the ancient sky and it's secrets are aware of the north star. There are many legends and rumors regarding the north star, only a few know it though.

Back in the time when Iblees was banished from this world after he cursed Malin, Krug, Urgan and Horen and the races of Aegis slowly started to rebuild their kingdoms and towns, there was a pair of twins. Neither their race nor their gender was known, though most storytellers believe they were boy and girl. The two lived in a quaint village not too far from their capital, yet far away from all the worries and problems of civilization back then. They always had enough food even though they had to help out their mother and father with work on the field or other minor tasks. Life was good, no doubt. The two would spend evenings outside, admiring the pretty stars. It was those moments of peace and sibling love when in one night, the sky brightened. They both stared at the sparkling, nearly blending light. Words could not describe what happened. After the light slowly died down, a new, pulsing and bright-shining star appeared on the night sky. Later, this was known as one of the first super novas in the history of the universe.

The siblings did not know what happened, they did not know what this new thing was or how to describe it. They just sat there, holding hands. The two were never seen again after that night.

The north star

20121204231348.png

The north star in relation to the sun

20121204231355.png

Credits go to TobiwanKenobi's Inspiration Texture Pack with the amazing sky. Here a link to the video on YouTube in which he presents his new sky texture:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH002MW4ABg

TL;DR version:

I'd like to have the north star I'm using in my own texture pack remix as approved lore. If this gets accepted, I'm probably going to fiddle around with the twin characters and make them show up in 3.0 :)

Questions, anything you'd like to say, feedback (no matter if positive or negative!)? Feel free to comment or to send me a PM on the forums or contacted me via TS or Skype.

There you go Hiebe