The Clerical Order

Braxis

((I'd really appreciate it if you don't post in a text that cannot be read easily.. Anyway.))

Fengric comes upon the letter, and reads through it several times. He looks around to see if anyone had dropped the letter nearby, upon close observation that no one is watching him, he whistles loudly, startling a few people. He watches his Peregrine Falcon swoop down at 200mph to him, and slows down just in time, landing upon his shoulder, waiting for orders. Fengric takes the other side of the paper, writing down with his spare pale blue ink and quill, replying in a very legible and beautiful hand writing.

"To whom the letter on the other side of the page is from, I send this to you.

I, Paladin of the Order has been brought to attention of your request in finding this letter.

Our ranks are welcome to your proposal, we only wish of you to meet with me on a certain occasion so we may speak further on this.

I will expect to meet you in Malinor, it will there be more convenient of meeting.

There is a choice of Paladin or Cleric, the Fighter of Loyalty, or the Healing hand of Service, think well, both of you of which you will choose.

-

Paladin Fengric Silverblade, Second cousin of Braxis and Uthor Silverblade"

Fengric then seals the letter with on the front a pale blue sea with a hawk carrying a sword mid-flight, and at the bottom of the letter the Clerical Mark

Leana arrives in Malinor after telling her friends and family about the letter. After much adjustment to life in an elven city, Leana posts a note on the settlements new noticeboard.

A student seeks the Paladin Fengric.

- Leana Stafyr

Leana comes back to the noticeboard at regular intervals every day, checking the noticeboard for replies or signs of the man that Prince Khel had described to her as Fengric.

((Leana will spend most of her time hanging around the central square of the elven settlement, making her easy to find. She is doing this both in game and on this thread, so you can speak to her through the forums or by finding her by the noticeboard in game.))

*a Letter is send to all members of the order, it is also send to Braxis multiple times Eledyr hopes that the birds know where he is*
People from the order,
I write this letter because I wish to confirm a date for a meeting.
We have not spoken in a long while and I wish for us to meet to discuss the problems considering our current state.
On top of that I think that we need to talk about who has what position in the order and who has what tasks and duties.
I know that most have not heard of me but I have been in this order for more than 6 elven months now.
I have spend my days healing the wounded and assisting the weak but there is only so much one man can do.
It is time for us to rise again, a reform is needed and I say it starts today!
It is time for a change of the way we think and do things, otherwise our order is doomed to die a silent dead.
Signed,
Eledyr Cleric of the order

A letter is sent back to Eledyr, a black raven swoops down and drops it at his feet.

Cleric Eledyr, 

I agree, perhaps we should come up with a meeting place first, yes? I would believe Malinor would be a suitable meeting place, due to the high concentration of clerics in that area. Not excluding the fact that some members of the order would be persecuted in Oren. I still wish to see the Clerics spread the light across the realm, and I believe a meeting could help us do so. 

~Disciple Aerin.

-Eledyr sits down at his desk and sighs. It had been more than an elven week now since he send his message outward, yet only one person replied and he wasn't even a full cleric yet. He knows that at least some of the birds had to have reached their goal, especially the bird to Fengric, yet even he did not reply.-

Maybe they did not receive the message after all...or maybe they just didn't care...
I cannot wait forever, if they don't want to help than so be it! The least I did was try.

-Eledyr takes out a quill and some paper he opens his bottle of ink, after wrestling with it for a while, and start stiring in the bottle with a small stick. Meanwhile he start thinking about the content that he will write in the letter. When the ink is sturred enough he takes his quill and starts writing.

To any and all members of the clerical order,
Since the previous letter apperantly did not manage to reach everyone I send out a new one. In the hopes that this time I get a response. The order is no longer what it used to be. We have become nothing more than an empty shell, bearers of empty titles of wich the meaning has long been forgotten. We are weak, we no longer seem to know what to do and some of us have even become so bound to a nation that they would no longer be able to remain neutral. We are weak, when people need healing they do not ask for a cleric. No, they ask for a forest wich or an elven 'doctor'. They either do not trust us or do not know us at all. And we can't blaim them, it is our own fault that people lose trust and fait. We are spread out, no one knows eachother anymore and our leader? Well lets just say that even he did not respond to my previous message, and neither did the high cleric for that matter. I am not pointing fingers at anyone, we are all to share the blame but they are the ones that are supposed to keep this order together. Therefore I give them an ultimatum. Either they return to their positions, do their job and start mending to
our self inflicted wounds. Their second choice is to step down and let someone else take upon himself the burden of leading this order... If they do neither of that, and ignore this message...I WILL take matter in my own hands I doubted about it at first but as I am writing this I am getting more certain about these choises. I do this for the order, for the pupils without teacher, for the knowledge that can't be passed on. I ask of you, wether you are pupil, cleric or teacher...respond to this message and voice your opinion!
Signed, Eledyr

-Eledyr re-reads the letter and rests his quill, satisfied with the result he starts copying the letter, some of them he close with wax other he doesn't. After this he goes to the hawkery and starts sending of the letters to all different places. In the hope that a cleric might find one. The other letters he hangs on noticeboards. one on each of the new isles and one at the docks of the old isle. He hopes to reach Braxis, for if he doesn't the times ahead would be hard

Fengric receives the letter and sighs deeply, not entirely in the mood to argue with Eledyr. He looks to his bird

"He's persistent, isn't he? Mmm.. I suppose I should humor him this time.."

He begins his letter slowly, thinking of what he should say, but believes he already does within. And starts to write

"Eledyr -

Your persistence on this subject amazes me, however, I will indulge you in this so we may speak, so that you may indulge me as well.

You find that we use all that we do as empty titles? That people no longer call upon us? That is not true. Daily people are asking of my help, whether it be with mending a wound, or ridding them of a more-than-bothersome knight.

You bring it to your beliefs that I am not active, or Aerin, even though Hospur may not be as active as he ought too, but seeing it as though we do nothing is the borderline of insulting.

Now. A meeting is due, I believe. There are several pupils that have come to join us, and I believe it is time for your to take up one as well, Eledyr. It would be fitting to meet in the Malinorian island within Kalos. That way I can present my own Pupils, and ones that you may have to take up one as well.

To further this statement, if you do not take up any pupil, you will have become yourself what you are calling us, an "empty shell, empty title."

Bringing these new pupils will revive our Order, seeing as it is not hundreds that have gathered, creating an army.. It is but the right amount of people that we require to thrive again.

So I tell you, we will meet on the Elven island within Kalos.

- Paladin Fengric"

Fengric believes he finished that up a little irritated with Eledyr, but sets his anger aside, and sends off the letter to him, expecting it to reach Eledyr in a matter of hours, or possibly even minutes due to his Falcon's speed.

*he quickly reads over fengric's letter and sighs, He doesn't seem to speak the same language I do...*
He quickly writes another letter that he sends back to fengric with his own bird

It amazes you that I am this persistent?
Well, it amazes me that I have to explain the same thing over and over again, it's like I'm talking to a wall. First of all as I remeber correctly I did not say they never call for us, heck I even said that they call for me. What I did say however is that they never call for the Order, they call for us in person. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing however keep in mind that it would be better if they knew that there is an order that they can trust, not just a few individuals. Secondly why can you not believe me when I say that numbers are not thing that matters? Yes more clerics are needed but we cannot simply accept anyone that wants to join, if we would do that we would be not better than every single knightly order in Oren.

Secondly, you want to use my own words against me yet you do not realise that what you said only made my statement clearer. I have not and can not take a pupil, not because I don't want to, neither because I don't think anyone is an able candidate. The answer as to why is simple tho, I am not allowed to. I am but a mere cleric, am I not? I am no teacher, no master cleric that can accept or deny people into the order. Same for you, you are just a paladin. Do not see this as an insult, because it isn't. This is just me trying to make clear to you one of the many problems this order has. Those who are allowed to make changes don't and those that want to aren't allowed. 

I hope that this letter is more understandable than the previous one, since it seems that you didn't understand. Weather it is ignorance or just not wanting to understand I don't know.

Signed Eledyr

Fengric sees that Eledyr is being far too ignorant for his own good. But resists the rather strong erge to ignore him again, and writes back briskly.

"Eledyr -

The role of the Clerics and Paladins are clear by what has been stated.

We are to train initiates in the beginning, and get them to either Seeker or Disciple, depending on which path they choose.

Any pupil that your or I chooses, is to be taught to that rank, not for a Cleric to learn our magic, but to teach them our ways and the reasoning behind almost any action we take.

You misunderstand our roles. So this is why I have agreed to our meeting, where I can properly explain to you exactly what we stand for, seeing as you are not reading, or listening, correctly to what I am saying.

I am trying to get a specific point across, but you shun the thought aside and contradict what you had just said.

The people should not have to call for the Order. Thus far no matter has ever been serious enough for all of us to be brought forth to take care of it.

Would you like if all of us gathered together to get a kitten out of a tree? I would not think so.

You are allowed to take pupils, you always have been, just as the only Paladin within the Order, otherwise if I hadn't been able to, we would have never ever gotten anyone to train, at all.

Now, stop accusing one that has a better understanding of the Order (By both experience and what I have been taught) of being ignorant.

Let us get this meeting overwith, so you may set your own ignorance aside, for it is you that is the wall, making it ever more frustrating to speak with you.

- Paladin Fengric"

He feels that he has finally cleared the obvious, and sends off his letter..

*reads the letter and sighs, getting to the end of it he feels a rage comming up. He goes outside and looks at the sun that is slowly rising*

Fengric,
I do not understand what I have ever done to instult you, none of my letter were directly adressed to you (it is only because you are the only order member that replies that I direct my messages to you). First of all you are just taking my words and turn them so that they fit in the image you have of me. I still stand by my points but I won't speak of them again till a meeting is held. However Fengric, I never was angry at you, you have insulted me deeply by suggesting that I do not know what I speak off. I hoped that we could be colleagues, maybe even friends but I fear that you have gone to far...I will not argue with you for that would only hurt the order.
If you want to talk in a more formal, and less personal way (since you seem to have a grudge against me) I will gladly do that.
But for now I say goodbye.
Signed Eledyr

Locked and being moved into Inactive due to new post coming up.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.