So new springs the Order, the Order so bright

Its fight shall not stop till all have the light

The Goal is simple, the motto clear

A light in all places lets no darkness near

So rally O Aegis, rally together

Be a light in the world, God's beacon forever

Lore•

-The Founding

The clerical order is an order from almost the beginnings of Aegis. It was founded by a young brother and sister training to be monks in the Cloud Temple. Their names were Rebekah and Jacob. The both spent so much time praying to God and to the Aenguls and Daemons that they were smiled upon and blessed. They both were given the abilities to perform works for the gods and to commune with them on a higher level. The duo walked the width of Aegis spreading the light of the gods and growing the ranks of the Clerical Order they had started for those wanting to have this closeness to the gods. For a time they brought on a time of light to Aegis and were a large group called upon by all the nation for aide and counsel. It was the golden era of the clerics.

-The Fading of the Clerical Order

Years after the death of Jacob and Rebekah the undead and ascended first arose. The Order, without the guidance of the founders, had not grown and the most powerful clerics had all died out with none coming to take their place. The people of Aegis had lost faith in the Clerics and with the coming of the ascended no one called upon the clerics at all. The Ascended became the new light and the Clerics faded from memory.

-The Rediscovery

Years after the Clerical Order had fallen completely from memory and the war of the undead and ascended was at its peak Thrym Silverfist, a young smith, became a cleric. He knew nothing of the original order but wanted to learn more about any clerics there may have been in the past. He went to his family manor, Irongut manor, and studied long hours in the library. After long hours of searching and praying he found a early journal of Heron Irongut, written before he had fallen, in it he found mention of Heron discovering a clerical order in the Temple Library. Thrym set out at once and spent over a day in the Library searching for the text. Once he found it he begged the Druid Order to let him copy it to form a new Clerical Order. After talking it over the Order agreed. Thrym has now set out to make a new Clerical Order and is in search of other who want to become servants of the gods. The ascended have become few in this day and age and cannot spread light everywhere without help. This Order will help it happen.

•The Goal of the Order•

The Goal of the Order has change as of late. With the undead defeated and almost no source of evil to combat the Clerical order has change its purpose to keep the balance. To keep down ones who use Magic to disrupt Order and to halt nation, and individuals from using any form of dark magic for its own gain. They spread out having a few clerics and paladins in each nation seeking for anything that could tip the scales of Balance and eliminate it.

The Patrons of the Light and the Light Itself

AENGUL PATRONS

-Aeriel: The Arch-Aengul of God. Lover and Caretaker of All Souls.

-Gazardiael: The Aengul of New Beginnins

DAEMON PATRONS

-in the process of discovery-

PARAGONS (Dwarven Gods)

-Urguan: Head Dwarven Paragon. Paragon of Leadership.

- Rest of Dwarf Faiths and Paragons http://www.lordofthe...inmenthalvalir/

Human Faiths

The Light: The source of creation, Hope, valor and Justice in the world and favours their favorite children then Humans.

What would happen to All Clerics who leave the Order.

The Wrath of the Patrons

Since the Order was created the Patrons have blessed their pupils with their power. To let them to heal their children to to smite the ones who worship Darkness and wish to end Balance. But there are Clerics who will eventually flee from the order and tend to use the magic as they please. But the Patrons are angered by this and they remove any of their blessings from the run away cleric removing their powers from any who leave the Order breaking their holy oaths sworn to them and the prophet. And their powers are removed from the cleric. If they cleric is to use any of the magic they once knew it would be out of their own life force and would end up killing the Cleric on the spot a few moments after the spell was done. The Patrons have done this in order to keep Clerics from abusing their powers and from tipping the balance of the realm.

[[basicly if you rp any of the bigger spells such as Normal healing and such if you leave the order you character is pretty much dead. The Very minor spells would leave your character weak feeling since the Patrons removed their blessings from you. At the moment there are only TWO people who know Clerical Magic outside the order which is cause they learn of it either before it was created or they have their own lore and I know them both and have their names down.]]

The Ranks

•Leader Of the Order•

-Prophet: The leader of the clerics. The prophet is very close to all the patrons and extremely close to his specific patron. Is called the Prophet because the Patrons occasionally speak to him of things to come.

•Cleric Ranks•

((must show good RP and dedication to the Order above any other jobs to reach one of these ranks. Only given out by the Prophet))

-Pupil: A Pupil either attending classes taught by the High Cleric or a Teacher Cleric. Or is being taught thier skills on the feild under the wing of a Cleric or Higher.

-Cleric: A cleric is blessed by his patron and carries a golden staff to spread the light of the patrons to all of Aegis. Before a Pupil becomes a Clerc the Prophet must give him the blessing of his patron.

-Disciple: A Disciple is a cleric who wants to learn even more and hopefully become a High Cleric one day. They must spend much time under the training of a Teacher, High Cleric, or the Prophet.

-Teacher Clerics: A cleric who wants to help others learn of their patrons and hone clerical skills. Teachers are in charge of mentoring pupils and Disciples. Dedicate more time to training new clerics rather than traveling abroad. Teachers give out most of the trials as the High Clerics, War Clerics, and Prophet often send Pupils to them.

-High Cleric: A cleric shown to be extremely dedicated. These are the officers and the teachers. The High Clerics have grown very close to there specific patron and as a result have even more power from them. A high cleric can mentor disciples and pupils but that is not his main job. ((Must be more dedicated to order than any other job. Also, must show excellent RP and good knowledge of how to play a cleric))

•Paladin Ranks•

-Brothers:{. A Person who only has the faith of thier ways and a blade in thier hands ready to keep order. And Protect all beings of Ausulon And are the Paladins new recruits and make a bulk at thier army.

-Seekers (equal to Dicisple):{. A Paladin who wants to learn even more and hopefully become a A Full paladin one day. They must spend much time under the training of a Teacher, High Paladin, or the Prophet.

-Paladin (Equal in Rank to Cleric): These are warrior clerics. They spend less time in prayer and more time in physical training. While still close to their patron a Paladin often will not raise much farther in the ranks due to not being able to dedicate as much time to becoming closer to his patron as other clerics. Paladin's must be able to wield a diamond sword or better.

-Paladin instructors: A paladin who wants to help others learn of their patrons and hone thier paladin skills. Instructors are in charge of mentoring Trainees and Seekers. Dedicate more time to training new clerics rather than traveling abroad. Teachers give out most of the trials as the High Paladin, and Prophet often send Pupils to them.

- High Paladin (Equal in Rank to High Cleric): These are the generals of the Paladins. Generally having less skill in the more magical arts of being a Cleric they are none-the-less extremely devout and close to their patrons and show a true example of faith in battle.

Clerical magic

Magic of Faith•

[This Is All RP You Don't Actually Get These Spell]

[some Guidelines for RPing Clerical Magic]

-Healing Magic

1) Minor Healing: Basic cuts and bruises. (Clerics, Paladins, Disciples, some War Clerics)

2) Healing: Sprains, Strains, and Broken Bones. Helping stop basic nightmares, bringing peace of mind to stressed people (High Clerics, Teachers, some War Clerics)

3) Major Healing: Can Regenerate body parts. Heal mental illness. (Prophet, and High Clerics, Teachers, and War Clerics that have practiced a lot)

-Prayer Magic

This kind of magic is things like bringing peace of mind, casting out demons, etc. For this use discretion. Don't go overpowered, use your heads when doing this type of magic. This has some limited fighting abilities against evil but again think about what you can actually do.

-Battle Magic

This Magic, like the others, requires a lot of practice.

-Battle Spells(Clerics)

1)Light of the palm. Call a light from the palm of your hand to daze your enemy. After much practice can inflict temporary blindness.

Very basic things like this are what you get until being taught advanced battle spells by the Prophet. These are not meant for actual combat more as a means of defense if you need to flee or need time to pull a weapon.

-Advanced Spells ( Only the Prophet can properly teach them. And only to Be Taught to High ranking clerics. The Prophet may teach the High Clerics on how to teach this properly. If not only the Current Prophet may teach it.)

1)Heavenly Smite: Call down light from the sky to blind enemy[Not 100% chance]

Emote: *Calls down a light from the heavens, attempting to blind ________]

2)Orb of Light [Leads to Orb spells]

Emote: *'s eyes narrow, as an orb of light appears in hands

Orb Spells:

•Emote: *throws the orb at _______, attempting to knock them back.

•Emote: *takes the orb and flails it around like a sword

•Emote: *'s orb begins spinning rapidly, turning into a evil cleansing ax

•Emote *'s Orb begins to expand over their arm and form a Shield made of light adsorbing magical attack. They may only adsorb magical attacks if it is lesser or equal to their own. If a more powerful one is taken the shield will shatter and the caster will have a feint period of frailness.

3)Holy Shackles:

Things like shackles of light and advanced prayer magic as well.

Advanced Battle Spells are intended more for actual RP combat instead of just giving you time to run or pull a weapon

OOC Applications

Cleric: [[These are a last resort I would prefer if you tried to join Via Rp.]

1)MC Name & RP Name:

2)Chosen Patron:

3)Reason For Joining (do not have the reason be to become Ascended):

4)Race:

5)Flaws in Your Character:

6) How long have you been on the server:

Scenario Questions-Answer how you would react to each situation.

7) You notice an Apprentice Shade harassing a lowly citizen. [shades Are Evil Mages]

8) You see a small child shivering in the snow.

9) You are walking down the road when a bandit stops you and threatens to kill you if you don't give him all your money and valuables.

10) As you walk through the local market place a person begins to yell that Aeriel and the other patrons are weak and cruel and claims that joining Iblees is the only way to survive.

11) A person walks up and asks you, "Why does God allow suffering to continue?"

The reason for 5 is that acknowledging your flaws is the first step in letting the patrons in to help you overcome them

Paladin:

1.) Mc and Rp Name:

2.) You Arms of Protection and you skill? [[Weapon and Skill level]]

3.) Do you swear to use your Arms to protect the people of the Order,the Innocent and the Patrons of the faiths?:

4.) Any Miltiary like past?:

5.) Reasoning for joining

What If you want to Learn Other Magic?

Just because you join this guild doesn't mean that magic is gone. However, as the magic this guild has comes from a different source and is, actually, a completely different kind of magic, you can no longer learn the other magic. For example, if you are a mage and you join this guild you can no longer train your mage skills. Also, as you grow stronger in Clerical Magic you will become less and less attached to the source of you mage/shaman/druid magic which means if you were a master of Mage magic by the time you become a master of Cleric magic you won't be able to do Mage magic. Basically, better you cleric magic, worse your other magic. This is to prevent people from being OP. The only magic this doesn't effect is enchanting magic of items, unless it was evil enchantments. This is because the Patrons can give you the ability to imbue things with their power. Basically if you could "enchant a sword" now you can "bless the sword". But again, the blessing's power is equal to your ability with clerical magic. Just think before using it.

-OOC-

These skins were taken by editing the skin here:

Base Skin

Signatures

ClericalOrder.png

[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/ClericalOrder.png][/url]
Cleric.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/Cleric.png][/url]
ClericPupil.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/ClericPupil.png][/url]
ClericApp.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/ClericApp.png][/url]
Paladin.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/Paladin.png][/url]
WarCleric.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/WarCleric.png][/url]
Prophet.png
[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/42340-order-of-the-clerics-recruiting/"][img=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26676962/Prophet.png][/url]

Thanks Thrym for the Signatures!

((First off, forgive me for this OOC comment. Secondly Adreonel, the Clerical Order most certainly does not answer to Oren, or any other nation. It instead directly serves the Patrons.

Now, I have my own question for Braxis. Is Selina one of the two people you spoke of that is allowed to practice such powers outside of the Clerical Order?))

((Awesome sauces. Things are so much more organized now! One problem though is that so far in the Temp Server it is only Phelrin and I playing people part of the Order, besides Jroy who is playing as Braxis, secretly part of the Order.. But that doesn't count xD Regardless, we need people jumping in, having this revived after the Fall of Aegis would be awesome. Also, I would like to do an RP post, but I can't think of anything right now xD))

This looks very interesting. Will it be a part of the Oren army? Also would you be able to marry? And our there currently any leaders?

We are Allied/Friendly with oren that is all at the time.And yes Clerics can marry if not then alot of us would be in trouble .w. and the Current leader is Braxis aka the guy on the rightside of my avatar that is doing Clerical magic

((First off, forgive me for this OOC comment. Secondly Adreonel, the Clerical Order most certainly does not answer to Oren, or any other nation. It instead directly serves the Patrons.Now, I have my own question for Braxis. Is Selina one of the two people you spoke of that is allowed to practice such powers outside of the Clerical Order?))

Mhm she is one of them.

This looks very interesting. Will it be a part of the Oren army? Also would you be able to marry? And our there currently any leaders?

We are Allied/Friendly with oren that is all at the time.

((First off, forgive me for this OOC comment. Secondly Adreonel, the Clerical Order most certainly does not answer to Oren, or any other nation. It instead directly serves the Patrons.Now, I have my own question for Braxis. Is Selina one of the two people you spoke of that is allowed to practice such powers outside of the Clerical Order?))

Mhm she is one of them.

And please keep OOC to a minimum [[]]

((I wish to inquire about clerical abilities as Selina did, good read))

(( Excellent work. It's good to see the Clerical Order back on track.

The only thing I would add is a bit of a reminder to those considering joining:

Being a Cleric is not an entitlement to be above any laws. Whether you're operating in Oren, Malinor, the Dwarven lands... anything. The moment you enter their kingdom or empire you become subject to their laws. I know Braxis is obviously aware of this, but it seems to be a concept that people need to be aware of upfront.

That said, good read, and here's to seeing the Clerical Order flourish once more!))

((Nicely done, however I was wondering when I can/will become a Cleric instead of pupil. I have contacted you before but I guess that it you haven't noticed it. I have been a pupil for abour 5 months now and had a lot of training with healing spells and got an accepted MA. so yeah just wondering))

((So Im guessing we join the order as a pupil and then are we allowed to use our Clerical Teacher as the one who taught us on our magic app?))

((Beautiful. Nicely done Braxis. The improvements you've made seem very nice.

EDIT:

You may wish to update the Dwarven Patrons. Dwarven theology has changed since the Order was found.

HERE is the link to the new Dwarven religion. It has most of the info you'll need to know.))

*Fengric sits on a bed, the only place available to seat himself. And begins to write*

"Braxis,

Being in this land has taught me many new things. How to further my love for someone, and that I can in a slight manner better myself as a Paladin. I ask for your help and guidance for this reason. That my skills in knowing Aeriel and other patrons is low. I have served for the past thirteen years being ignorant to that of which I should have known all this time, that I am not a Paladin. A fake, a rough copy of what I should be.

I ask of you to come to me, or me to you so I may be taught, taught to understand myself as a Paladin and my duties, and myself on a basic level. My father's name was Therinsrift, Therinsrift what? I have no surname, no inheritance or knowing of who I am. I wish to know these things, and whatever you can teach me. I am an arrogant and ignorant man, and I have realized such.

- Fengric"

*He then sends off his Armored Cooper's Hawk to send the letter, his blue colored seal of a Hawk securing it*

*Fengric sits on a bed, the only place available to seat himself. And begins to write*

"Braxis,

Being in this land has taught me many new things. How to further my love for someone, and that I can in a slight manner better myself as a Paladin. I ask for your help and guidance for this reason. That my skills in knowing Aeriel and other patrons is low. I have served for the past thirteen years being ignorant to that of which I should have known all this time, that I am not a Paladin. A fake, a rough copy of what I should be.

I ask of you to come to me, or me to you so I may be taught, taught to understand myself as a Paladin and my duties, and myself on a basic level. My father's name was Therinsrift, Therinsrift what? I have no surname, no inheritance or knowing of who I am. I wish to know these things, and whatever you can teach me. I am an arrogant and ignorant man, and I have realized such.

- Fengric"

*He then sends off his Armored Cooper's Hawk to send the letter, his blue colored seal of a Hawk securing it*

*Nods to himself as he sits ontop of a frosty moutian slowly walking down a old aged path walking into a small cubby with a small bed, table and fire. As he goes ot sit down he writes a letter in response*

"All I can say now is stand strong, and be steadfast to the order. I have no time to teach sadly with a new threat on the Horizon and this is a quest that you alone fix. I myself had my own evils inside myself, which cursed me to hide my name, face, and identiy from everyone I ever knew for years as I stayed in the order. Until the day I vanquished the evils from within myself. And Thus I become pure once again to the Creatior and Aerial's eyes and I was to take the title prophet once more. You have a simliar task as all Ordermen sooner or later must face. Now you must face it with all yer might. Be ready adn steadfast young paladin."

Braxis stands ontop of the moutian where he meditates pondering of the words, actions and clues he has saw at the Oren settlement and nearby areas.

YJr8b.jpg

He stands up speaking as if he is speaking to someone but he is alone on the snowy moutian top.

"Tis a pity it seems another has fallen to the dark arts once again. First one of my own flesh and blood brother had, dooming our homelands and family to death. Creator and Aerial be praised for his fumbles, then the One Vardak turned as well, a mentor to me and a trusted friend, only to be followed by several others I once knew. But How could I ever for see ""Him" turning? One who aided me in combating the evils that wished to doom our realm and its people and shun away the light of the Creator. Has he forgotten Annora's fate and the price she paid? Does he forget everything that happened in the isles? A pity it has once again come to this but with the Creator and the Light of Aerial with me. I shall see to it, Alethion will be put down either by words, The light, or be steel I will succeed."

He ventures down an old aged down path entering where he shelters himself sitting down at a ruined looking table writing several letters sending one off to every Pupils, Cleric, Brother and Paladin in the order.

"Greetings Brothers and Sisters, we have all be silent such as the Patrons we served have. We have been doing minor task in order to keep balance but now we must seek to destroy one who wishes to wipe out all members of one of the Four Children, all members of the race including some of our own. We must arise to defend yourself, defend humanity and defend the Balance of our realm. All of ye must seek to gather all the knowledge ye can of a Elven man named "Alethion" he is reported to have potent Magic to be weary and do not engage if ye stumble upon him. He knows not we seek to stop him from tipping the Balance of the Creator, Aerial and the other Patrons."

-The Clerical Prophet

The letter is sealed with the Clerical Seal

fKCHo.png

If one were to walk the dirt streets near the Silverblade Manor in New Arethor one would see a rather old letter on the ground. Upon dusting it off, you would see a battered green wax seal. On the other side, you can see that the letter is addressed to any member of the Clerical Order who finds it.

The letter reads thusly:

To Ser Braxis Silverblade and the Clerical Order,

Myself, and another member of my family wish to join your ranks as humble initiates. After many attempts to find a member of your order, and inquiries by other family members, we were directed to you. If you wish to meet to discuss our induction, please send a bird to Huntshill with the location or come in person. I thank you in advance for reading our request.

With Regards,

Leana Stafyr of House Stafyr, Daughter of Brenton, Third Grandcousin to Marquis Godwein Stafyr.

If one were to walk the dirt streets near the Silverblade Manor in New Arethor one would see a rather old letter on the ground. Upon dusting it off, you would see a battered green wax seal. On the other side, you can see that the letter is addressed to any member of the Clerical Order who finds it.

The letter reads thusly:

To Ser Braxis Silverblade and the Clerical Order,

Myself, and another member of my family wish to join your ranks as humble initiates. After many attempts to find a member of your order, and inquiries by other family members, we were directed to you. If you wish to meet to discuss our induction, please send a bird to Huntshill with the location or come in person. I thank you in advance for reading our request.

With Regards,

Leana Stafyr of House Stafyr, Daughter of Brenton, Third Grandcousin to Marquis Godwein Stafyr.

((I'd really appreciate it if you don't post in a text that cannot be read easily.. Anyway.))

Fengric comes upon the letter, and reads through it several times. He looks around to see if anyone had dropped the letter nearby, upon close observation that no one is watching him, he whistles loudly, startling a few people. He watches his Peregrine Falcon swoop down at 200mph to him, and slows down just in time, landing upon his shoulder, waiting for orders. Fengric takes the other side of the paper, writing down with his spare pale blue ink and quill, replying in a very legible and beautiful hand writing.

"To whom the letter on the other side of the page is from, I send this to you.

I, Paladin of the Order has been brought to attention of your request in finding this letter.

Our ranks are welcome to your proposal, we only wish of you to meet with me on a certain occasion so we may speak further on this.

I will expect to meet you in Malinor, it will there be more convenient of meeting.

There is a choice of Paladin or Cleric, the Fighter of Loyalty, or the Healing hand of Service, think well, both of you of which you will choose.

-

Paladin Fengric Silverblade, Second cousin of Braxis and Uthor Silverblade"

Fengric then seals the letter with on the front a pale blue sea with a hawk carrying a sword mid-flight, and at the bottom of the letter the Clerical Mark