Ash'ya Norodiir

Lirinya

~Ash’ya Norodiir~

Nicknames: Ash.

Race: Wood Elf.

Description

Height: 4' 6''

Weight: Roughly 126lbs

Body Type: Short and stumpy. Ash has been mistook as a child and, sometimes a dwarf due to her stature.

Eyes: Light blue, a color that runs in her family.

Hair: Dark orange/old copper color.

Skin: Tanned. As a child she was brought up in the sun and during her travels, was also exposed to sunlight for long periods of time.

Markings/Tattoos: Ash has various scars on her body. Some smaller and one large scar along her right arm.

Health: Generally good. Ash currently still suffers with chest pains when breathing after an attack not too long ago.

Personality: Stubborn, tolerant and strong willed. When faced with a scary situation, rather than beg, plead or cry, she will keep a straight, emotionless face until alone. The she will fall apart.

Inventory: Nothing of significant value.

Life Style

Alignment*: Neutral. She couldn’t care less.

Deity*: None.

Religion: None.

Alliance/Nation/Home: She once resided within the snow lands of Asulon. Now though, she has no stable home.

Job/Class: Ash currently has no job.

Title(s): She also has no title.

Profession(s): You could perhaps class hunting and gathering as a profession, no?

Special Skill(s): Nothing she would class as special.

Flaw(s): Whilst, if you ask her, she cannot pick out a flaw to use as an example, she has many. Her stubbornness makes her difficult to get to know. Her height and timidness make her vulnerable and make it difficult for her to do any work involving heavy tools. She never learnt to properly cook.

Weaponry

Fighting Style: Ash doesn’t generally fight. If she had no choice, she would simply punch and kick her way out of a situation.

Preferred Weapon: A stone sword. Thin, due to the fact she can’t lift heavy weights. This does, however, leave it very brittle.

Favored Weapon: As above.

Archery: Only if you want to be shot in the eye whilst she was aiming for a cow…..

Biography

Parents: Mother and father both deceased. Mother’s name was Ariye, father’s was unknown. Her mother had…a reputation.

Siblings: Lirinya Norodiir [Deceased, Half sister], Haelphon Polcari Addechio Tarus[Half brother]

Children: None.

Extended Family: Aeriallas Galleon-Norodiir[Nephew], Vanya Galleon-Norodiir[Niece].

Pet(s): Whilst Ash has never had a pet per say, she once met a wolf she grew very fond of..

History

*Roaming the wilds of Asulon, the hooded elf kicks at the ground beneath her feet. It had been months since she had seen another living being, of any race. The apples in her satchel were rotting away and her waterbag was almost empty. The desert seemed to go on and on but, she had a rough idea of where she was heading.

She had been sent west by her mother, to look for somebody.

Somebody specific...her sister..

Lirinya.

Her mother had received a letter some time ago from Lirinya, stating she had gone west. Her mother gripped the hope of seeing her again, for she had not spoken to her daughter since Aegis and feared for her. The girl was sent to search for Lirinya with the note at hand. She clutched and unravelled it, reading it over once more....*

Mother,

My time is over. I leave this place, my children Aeriallas and Vanya, their uncle Haelphon, Ellser, with each other. They will continue my journey for me. I have travelled for my last time, I head west in search for somewhere peaceful to live my final years.

I have but a few requests, some I cannot fulfil myself. Pass this message to Brayden Roze. A human that aided in the care of Roseus. The man is strange, and old but, can be trusted. He knows my family, Ellser and my children, Haelphon too. He can pass this message to them.

Ensure Roseus is taken care of. Ensure that Aeri, Vanya, Ellser or Brayden watches over it. Please.

Perhaps you will one day get this letter. I sent it from a small inn I passed on my travels, I asked for their largest, most reliable bird, cost a pretty penny. They promised it knew its way to Elandriel, so that is where my final journey begins...

Farewell,

Lirinya

*The girl wipes her eyes, there was no mention of her in the letter. Then again, why would there be? Lirinya had never met the girl and had no knowledge of her. None at all.

The letter had found its way to Elandriel several years back, where the elf had been working at the time. It had been labelled Norodiir and, as she was about to leave the town, she had heard the name called from the front gates, with a crier waving the letter in the air. With it arrived a package. The girl had opened it carefully to find some kind of cape, embroidered with a pink bird. The girl did not recognize the symbol, but assumed it was related to Lirinya, after reading the letter. She returned home not long after to her mother, who swiftly sent her west, to begin the search.

The elf spent a good few years searching to find nothing. No huts, shelters, inns. Not even the village her sister spoke of. She began to think the letter was a hoax. As she was about to give up and turn back, she saw a single house in the distance. As she approached, the wind picked up, her long, scraggy hair bushes her face and the sand in the air made her cry as she rubbed it from her eyes. She bolted to the house and slammed the door shut. The surrounding area was filled with ruins of a town which once stood.

She she glanced about the house she yelped. In front of the fireplace lay a pile of bones and rags. She backed away from the pile momentarily. Taking a deep breath she then turned back and edged towards the pile. Poking and prodding the bones, one rolled off the pile to reveal more rags. Though this time, she found something. Tugging the rag free she held it up above her head. Embroidered onto the rag was a pink bird, exactly like the one on the cape she received. Its color was dusty but it was the same design and shape.

The girl shook her head...

"No...it could be anybody...." she mumbled...

She jumped up and frantically searched the remainder of the house for clues of who this may have been. It did not take her long, in the bedroom rest a satchel and in it, a tattered, dirty, fading book, the front cover named "Diary, Lirinya Norodiir".

That was all she needed and, in that moment, she realized she would never meet her sister.

The storm subsided fast and, after clearing the front of the house, she dug a small hole, carefully placing the remains within it and covering it with sand once more. A nameless grave she hoped nobody would find.

She collected her things once more and began her travels home. She thought about returning to her mother but, remembered the letter. It said to pass a message to Brayden Roze and mentioned others named Aeriallas, Vanya, Haelphon and Ellser...

As the wind blew upon her face, the elf shivered. She had been scaling rough terrain for what seemed months now and had not seen any other human, elf, orc or dwarf in the same amount of time. She began to regret her decision to make the journey back home to her mother. There were no set directions and she relied of finding notable decorations and what not on her travels. She fumbled into her pack, slung over her shoulder and pulled out a stale, slightly moldy piece of bread. As she did, she heard a yelp. One of pain and terror.

Her eyes searched the mountains, the yelp was loud, so whatever it was, it must be close. She pulled her cloak tight around her shoulders and slid down a section of the mountain. She heard the yelp again. It was closer this time. Her eyes fixed on a cave. Small, but sheltered. She didn’t must trust the sound and worried it may be something out searching for food.

She hurried into the cave and threw off her pack. Another yelp. She cursed, the yelp was close and…

Huddled against the wall of the cave, two dusty blue eyes stared back at her. Her first reaction was to run but, as the eyes approached her, she saw it was nothing to fear. From the shadows emerged a wolf, skinny with its fur tattered. A large gash crossed its face. She fell to her knees. The poor beast. The wolf dragged it’s self across the floor slowly. It was plain the wolf was in dire need. She reached backwards and pulled her pack closer, taking out what food she had left. Just the bread. Dang.

She sighed, she was not known to let anyone or anything suffer in need, so she broke the bread into smaller pieces and held them out in front of her. The wolf hungrily licked her hand in gratitude and ate the bread. She smiled as she admired the wolf but, without aid, this wolf would not last much longer. She had no more food. No bandages….

She let out a yawn and the wolf huddled up next to her. She lay down and covered them both up with her cape. The wolf was as cold as her. She stroked its head as she wished it to sleep, and then fell asleep herself.

The elf woke with a start. She was warmer than before and she could not hear the wind. Perhaps the storm had stopped. She glanced to the wolf besides her for a moment and then gasped. Frantically she nudged it, trying to rouse it but, it was no use. There was no breath coming from the wolf, its chest was no longer rising and falling. The wolf had died during the night.

She sat up and pulled her knees to her chest and began to cry. If only she had been able to help it more. Perhaps more food and aid would have saved it…if only…

She pulled herself up and picked up the wolf, wrapping it in her cape. She began to hum, a lullaby her mother had taught her as a child, as she dug a hole in the snow. The show was deep and she could not reach ground without a shovel, something she didn’t have. She cursed. Once she was satisfied with its size and, even though her hand was frightfully numb, she laid the wolf within it and threw the snow back over the top. It was the best she could do. She stood up and bowed, tears began to flow from her eyes once more.

She took a deep breath, reached back into the cave to pull out her pack, and walked off, turning her back on the mountains. She would never forget the wolf, and hoped it would find peace. But never did she want to face that sadness again. She may not have known the wolf long, but she felt sorrow for the soul she could not save. She wished only that it was not in pain, and passed in its sleep.

Her travels continued, never once stopping longer than a night to rest.

Eventually, the elf gave up. She had stopped shivering from the cold and, instead embraced it. She found a clearing within the trees, still slightly sheltered from the winds. There she found some craps of wool. There were trails of blood along the floor and the wold seemed to be shredded and new. She assumed that wolves had their fill of sheep rather recently. She gathered the scraps of wool and, with a thick piece of park from the nearest tree and some pebbles; she pitched a small, minimalistic tent style shelter.

This was to be her new home. After a few days of hunting and gathering, stocking up on what food she could find and having her fill of the icy water of the pond close by, she began her travels towards the temple once more. She made a mental note of the direction of which she was heading in hope she would be able to return.

The girl traveled for several months before she arrived at her intended destination and in turn met various people…She kept the cape or, scrap draped over her shoulder .She hoped that it would draw attention to those who recognised the symbol and, indeed it did.

She would sit on the bench within the temple grounds, waiting and praying somebody would notice her. She was rewarded when a kind looking male elf approached her. His hair light brown and his eyes a curious combination of pink and lilac. He introduced himself as Aeriallas Galleon-Norodiir and she as Ash’ya Norodiir..

For the longs years she had been traveling, Ash’ya had finally met somebody who could answer her questions….

Unfortunately, after one or two meetings, they never spoke again and Ash’ya wandered back the direction she came from her tent which is where she stayed..

Artwork

_lotc__ash__ya_by_the_fire__by_amayanina-d5ngigb.png