The Caravan Of Miracles

cometking123

((Idea accepted by CountJuno88. Post here http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/76696-the-caravan-of-miracles/))

((Lore is here for the Caravan of Miracles))

Across the woods, through the far off plains

Below babbling brooks and flowing rivers,

A ringing, a small voice is heard

‘It’s here! It’s here!”, he says with a smile

As the festivities are heard, from many a mile.

Slowly they come, a great host of wagons

With a assortment of wares to sell and buy

Hanging on their wagons are plenty are flagons

A assortment of glasses and cups, pots and pans

Always on their toes, going toward new land.

Slowly the stop, and the people wonder with breathless delight.

Will they stay here as they always do, for ten nights?

Then the pins fall, and the tents are set

Dancers and bards come out, intruments and feet in tow

The smithies and craftsmen sets down their anvils and tables

And you my friend, can be a part of it all!

All who come and stay within our ranks

Enjoy food, drink, and a apprenticeship of your choice

Stay and learn and go as a journeymen, it’s all up to you!

So come and join, old or new!

Whether it’s one looking for adventure

Or one honing his craft

Be one of the proud, Be one on the pews

On those magical wagons tumbling to and fro

Of the Caravan of Miracles

“What is it?”

((The Caravan of Miracles is a project in which new players are invited and even recommended to partake to learn basic RP courtesies, and train as a apprentice in a craft of the variety (that we will soon add) we can accomodate in LOTC. Rather than those wanting to be a soldier or some generic noble, we train those in niche occupations such as carpenters or entertainers in the hope that this will create organic roleplay and most importantly get new players interested and excited for the world we have to offer. In addition, OOCly we will be offering advice and guidance to fresh blood within the LOTC community, and will be helping them all we can in terms of basic role play courtesies, the dangers of certain threats such as powergaming or metagaming, and train them in descriptive and complete RP that will hopefully improve the quality of players heading into LOTC for their first time.))

“Why, I’m glad you asked!” A beautiful lady appears in a red and white dress. Although her hair is drenched with sweat, she still gives off a regal aura which seems almost unsettling within the mass of entertainers and craftsmen shouting out for goods inside the caravan. “I am the leader of the Caravan of Miracles, Meladah.” She looks at you with a wily smile, talking with a tone that is soft, and yet echoes with power and playfulness all in one.

“As for what is the Caravan of Miracles, that is a simple one to answer. We are a caravan that travels through various lands, taking in any soul that wishes to join, and selling any wares that we produce. We are truly the people that spread joy and wonders throughout the land, and we take any person, no matter what race or age, unless they steal or did evil things. That...well...we can’t help, for obvious reasons. Any other questions?”

How does the “new people” thing work?

((As new people join LOTC for the first time, all they have to do in order to join the Caravan of Miracles is to consult Meladah and/or any members inside the Caravan at the time. From there, a session is made with Meladah or any of the craftsmen to determine what trade he/she would like to specalize in. After putting the MC name, RP name, profession, and other information in a google doc, the craftsmen are encouraged to RP and give lessons and experience to him, as well as teaching RP courtesies via their own personalized Google Docs, seperated from the main site. If they are inactive for 10 days, they will be cut and further apprentices/ people willing to learn will be inducted toward the Caravan of Miracles.))

“Well, it’s quite simple really. Ask any of the craftsmen or me that you would like to be trained under us. From there, all you have to do is to fill out a form and there! You’re in!”
“Of course, it won;t be that easy. You would have to train under every minute of us and also help your teacher with some tasks. But hopefully the experience you get will be worth it and you can graduate with no problems!”

“Wait, Graduation? What is that?”

((To reduce over crowding of the Caravan of Miracles and also not to get overwhelmed with the amount of students, those who are trained to apprentice level (determined by their teachers) and are considered ready by their mentors can either do two things.

A: Stay in the Caravan of Miracles and offer to help your former mentor in training new apprentices

B: Make your own path as a journeyman and make your own living

These choices would allow the Caravan of Miracles to not be overburdened by the amount of new players and also affect 3.0 for the better.))

“Why, of course! AFter the teacher deems you ready, you can either leave the Caravan in search of your own path, or stay and teach others your profession. Think of it as a debt to pay. But, we wouldn’t be so strict about it. You can go anytime you want, but still, I love company in the caravan here in these part, so I reckon you won’t go.”

This is pretty ambitious. Don’t you need help?”

((Such a ambitious project requires great assistance. Not only do we need craftsmen and teachers who can properly teach what they know to other people, but great material resources are required to start off. Of course, we can always roam around to make ourselves a living, but unfortunetly that can only happen after we start strong. If you could help us with any of these, we would be extremely grateful. Know that you are not helping us just for a start up, but you are also starting up a new player’s start into LOTC and could effectively change the quality of new players as a whole. :D))

“Of course I need plenty of help! I need a lot of things to get this started, and hopefully if you have any, you could donate some of these things in order to make this a much more livelier place!”

“For one, we need craftsmen and teachers! I can’t know carpentry, blacksmithing, and tailoring all at once, so someone has to bring their expertise! I really hope people can come and enjoy the knowledge and helpfulness folks have within them”

“Second, I need materials. Wool, iron, anything! I don’t care if it’s broken armor or whatever. I need something to get this show on the road, and you could help me with it. Remember, the Caravan of Miracles ain’t about profit, but about changing people’s lives for the better instead of being nobles or worse, soldiers. We’re peaceloving craftsmen who help the world around us and your donation could help us a lot!”

((FAQ

Q. When is this starting?

A. It's starting when the next island comes out. From there, PM's will be sent and a Google Doc will be sent to all that are interested

Q. What about swordsmen and weaponsmiths?

A. Training on swords will not be allowed within the Caravan of Miracles. However, those who care to be blacksmiths can make weapons for clients, on the condition that they shall not be used.

Q. How do I ask my question?

A. Well, just put a reply below!

((
I Support this 100%

If there is any way the VonSchlichten Company can assist, let me know. You know how to find me ;)

Training new players to RP and get immersed in the community is fun and also helps the server as a whole.

Will you accept tinkerers or engineers? Or would that be too complex for "new" players?

))

((

I Support this 100%

If there is any way the VonSchlichten Company can assist, let me know. You know how to find me ;)

Training new players to RP and get immersed in the community is fun and also helps the server as a whole.

Will you accept tinkerers or engineers? Or would that be too complex for "new" players?

))

Of course! We accept anything and everyone. The only barring cost would be the resources used to start it and also the redstone used has to be mined from somewhere, which worries me because at the moment, the only thing we can do is roam from place to place and hopefully mine it ourselves. I'll send you the Google Doc and info later :D

In the meantime everyone! Comment and see what you like about it?

I think this is a wonderful idea; in fact, I just got another idea as well.

What if there was a system where players who spawn into the world for the first time have two options.

Option One: Go out into the world, go to your nation and begin your life.

Option Two: Register under the Caravan of Miracles, and undergoe a sort of "tutorial" for LotC.

I think that having a system like this would really improve our up-bringing of new players.

Nonetheless, as a Guide and the teacher of the monks, I'd love to help you with this. I think I'd like to teach the new players about fishing (on a new character) and cooking fish, and maybe tell a couple sailor stories on the way. 

If there's anything you'd like the monks to help you with as you get started, let me know. Things like these are such that need to be frequent; I don't want to see this idea going inactive out of nowhere, you know?

Good luck! Again, let me know how I can help!

Of course! We accept anything and everyone. The only barring cost would be the resources used to start it and also the redstone used has to be mined from somewhere, which worries me because at the moment, the only thing we can do is roam from place to place and hopefully mine it ourselves. I'll send you the Google Doc and info later :D

In the meantime everyone! Comment and see what you like about it?

((If not, I will force InvincibleHawk to weekly tours with the caravan as a smith. He probably won't like it but hey he knows his place.))

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.