Weapons And Armor Guide And Description For Combat Rp.

Jistuma

Well it should first be made clear that your advantage in using daggers is the fact that you can use them when in crowded/compact areas, unlike bulkier weapons. You want to close the distance between you and your opponent as soon as possible and begin the grapple. As soon as you have them in a grapple you render their larger weapon mostly useless, whilst you can make stabs at vital areas. A number of weak spots in plate armor are the joints (namely the armpit, allowing you to stab down and into the lungs/heart), the back of the legs and into the helmet's visor/beneath the rim of the helmet. The majority of dagger/knife fights are about being quick, not about blocking. You aren't going to be doing much parrying at all with daggers, especially not against heavy broadswords or axes, so avoid trading blows. Basically just remember to quickly close the distance and initiate the grappling, also make sure your opponent doesn't have time to get their own knife/dagger into their hands

Hope that helped to clear up some of the issues you were having! :)

Well it should first be made clear that your advantage in using daggers is the fact that you can use them when in crowded/compact areas, unlike bulkier weapons. You want to close the distance between you and your opponent as soon as possible and begin the grapple. As soon as you have them in a grapple you render their larger weapon mostly useless, whilst you can make stabs at vital areas. A number of weak spots in plate armor are the joints (namely the armpit, allowing you to stab down and into the lungs/heart), the back of the legs and into the helmet's visor/beneath the rim of the helmet. The majority of dagger/knife fights are about being quick, not about blocking. You aren't going to be doing much parrying at all with daggers, especially not against heavy broadswords or axes, so avoid trading blows. Basically just remember to quickly close the distance and initiate the grappling, also make sure your opponent doesn't have time to get their own knife/dagger into their hands

Hope that helped to clear up some of the issues you were having! :)

Well, I mentioned all that :P, just placing them in example emotes is a little harder.

Soooo, good. I've always wanted to do this but my laziness has gotten in the way. If you want another RP fighting fanatic's opinion just send me a lovely PM.

This is a most excellent guide to RPing with weapons in LOTC.  I will look forward to reading the additional articles.  Also, for the crossbow section, perhaps you should consult with Temp on their proper use.  I recall that he made a guide dedicated to Roleplaying with the crossbow.  It is my only suggestion as of now.  Best of luck ^_^

This is a most excellent guide to RPing with weapons in LOTC.  I will look forward to reading the additional articles.  Also, for the crossbow section, perhaps you should consult with Temp on their proper use.  I recall that he made a guide dedicated to Roleplaying with the crossbow.  It is my only suggestion as of now.  Best of luck ^_^

I was planning for it, I liked his guide a lot, and it was made to help those to rp better the crossbow. Considering I do not know much about crossbows right now, I would be consulting him about it.

I'm looking forward to the 'Staffs' portion of this piece :)

Soon.....Soon. But seeing as how this is current and not outdated, not THAT soon. But soon.

I'm looking forward to the 'Staffs' portion of this piece :)

Staffs are done, I hope you like it.

[edit] Right now I'm thinking of a way to divide the swords, as there are many, many types. Perhaps I'll keep thinking on them and write another weapon while I think it over.

Staffs are done, I hope you like it.

[edit] Right now I'm thinking of a way to divide the swords, as there are many, many types. Perhaps I'll keep thinking on them and write another weapon while I think it over.

You could seperate them by recomended fighting style

1 handed - broadsword, longsword....

1 or 2 handed - Bastard sword

2 handed - Claymore, greatsword....

I hope your still continueing on this. I actually really like it and would point people to it. I also think an interesting section idea would be typical unspoken emote fighting rules, like when someone does an attack emote, you choose eather to dodge that attack or risk being hit to counter/attack back... but not both.

Also, If you ever want some help on this, I have general knowledge on weapon fighting and how certain weapons act and should act. Also would be interesting for this to be fully completed to have a place to go to see generally accpeted fighting styles and their upsides/downsides.

I hope your still continueing on this. I actually really like it and would point people to it. I also think an interesting section idea would be typical unspoken emote fighting rules, like when someone does an attack emote, you choose eather to dodge that attack or risk being hit to counter/attack back... but not both.

Also, If you ever want some help on this, I have general knowledge on weapon fighting and how certain weapons act and should act. Also would be interesting for this to be fully completed to have a place to go to see generally accpeted fighting styles and their upsides/downsides.

Any help I could get would be great, as I might have some insight on most weapons, but there are always some that others have a better gasp of. This has already been seen in the bows section where I changed what I wrote based on what others with more knowledge commented on.

About the fighting styles, I would feel there are way too many for it to ever be done a guide on, as everyone has their own style and things they should make. On the part of the emote part of your comment, I might place it in the general guidelines for rp, as I seemed to have forgotten to comment about being hit. Thank you for the comment.

Yes... sorry I have had a lot of stuff happening (class started, have to manage a town IG, have 3 chars, helping some people with other stuff, and some more stuff), and am still wondering how I will be making the swords.

Probably the next one I'll do is the polearms (spears and halbergs) or waraxes.

Can't wait to see swords, I can't decide to focus on one handed or two handed swords!