Aftermath Of An Onslaught

The northern valley lies soaked in blood.

Both the soldiers of the nations of Anthos and the strange tribal creatures lie dead in the snow. The jagged rocks lie covered in char marks from the fiery breath of the dragons. Occasionally groups of the tribal creatures, seemingly called “Bohra,” pick through the valley, scavenging armour and weapons from the dead before retreating into still inaccessible areas of the North.

Some called that day a victory.  The Anthosian armies marched through the fissure in their masses, slaughtering the native tribals. The valley rang with war cries and death howls, drawing the attention of the great winged beasts, the dragons. Seemingly invunerable to the weapons of infantry, they laid waste to their prey with claw, tooth and flame, yet still the armies of Anthos fought on.

At the climax of the battle, a dwarven crossbowman slew the mightiest of the winged predators, the one the Bohra called ‘Skarux’. Its death throes were a rallying cry to the survivors of the battle, and soon the tide was turned. Another dragon was severely wounded by an Oren soldier, and the beasts soon flew off into the mountains in search of easier prey.

The dragons look down from their icy peaks, keeping clear of the valley where the greatest of them fell. The Bohra that once lived in the valley are dead or have fled. The survivors bring tales to the other tribes of strange, bald creatures coated in metal, creatures who came to their lands and killed their kin, creatures upon which vengeance must be enacted. And deeper in the north, malevolent forces rejoice. For that day was a victory.

But not for Anthos.

((OOC note: There are no remains of the dragon which fell left in the valley .There is nothing to scavenge from its corpse.))"

Written by: [LM] Lagomorphia

[[ HurHur... Quite epic. ]]

Another dragon was severely wounded by an Oren soldier,

[[ <3 ]]

((OOC note: There are no remains of the dragon which fell left in the valley .There is nothing to scavenge from its corpse.))"

[[Yeees. No dragon heads mounted on walls, or God-armour made from dragon scales. The dragon's death was very pretty though... I've never seen that purple explosion animation before.]]

((Heheh I approve))

Missed the entire thing...TEARS

Far away in the Wilds, Merches Timothee hears of the news that a horrible battle has taken place a far ways away. Listening to the reports of flying winged monsters and enraged beasts from the north is almost unbelievable, and it takes time before he is convinced it is true. The teenager recalls all that he has heard about the Undead and their reign in Aegis. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be the same sort of situation, although only time will tell...

956Frnu.jpg

The Ice-Locked Terrain of the Forbidden North...
...is now partially unlocked, though full of malice for the descendant races and all other living that are not one of their own.  What is to come?

As Dvari looked down on the valley he let out a long sigh. He had been one of those trapped in cave, one who had dug out only to find Dragons. He had fought them just like any other good soldier. He had even killed several tribesmen. Aniother great story which he could never tell his children. Quite dissapointed at the amount of loot he had gained, Dvari went around exploring. By the time he heard the creature's shriek it was too late....

((
o_O

Where exactly was this event advertised? I'd heard nothing of it untill I read this post...
))

((

o_O

Where exactly was this event advertised? I'd heard nothing of it untill I read this post...

))

This post and multiple broadcasts in game. We didn't want too much of an early notice or the amount of players would have been unbearable (which it almost was).