How To Be Shot - A Combat Guide

ski_king3

False. Knights hated the English archers with a passion, purely because their armour was useless, and even if they did have super good armour, most could put an arrow in their visor at 200 yards. They simply could not stand against even a small force of archers, which could decimate a much larger force of knights within the space of a few minutes. Long story short- longbow will make armour useless even from a range.

again you said in the visor which has holes in it for them to see, so your basically saying what i did only another example, if you can aim good enough any armor can be rendered useless, but it cant actually pierce it. show me an example of an arrow peirceing iron armor then I might be convinced but otherwise your only helping me out.

again you said in the visor which has holes in it for them to see, so your basically saying what i did only another example, if you can aim good enough any armor can be rendered useless, but it cant actually pierce it. show me an example of an arrow peirceing iron armor then I might be convinced but otherwise your only helping me out.

Holes that were too small for arrows you mean? The arrows simply tore through the armour. Not to mention that even in their charges on smaller English forces, the French could still be decimated by the time they reached the British force. You think the archers could aim effectively when they're being charged by horsemen?

There have been may accounts of arrows ripping through both shields and armour.

the only things i seen pierced by arrows in terms of full metal armor is bronze

Got proof? You've "seen" but have you actually done the research to back this up? A.E.

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/artsci/docs/Champ_Bane_Archery-Testing.pdf

The tests were conducted and Longbows could pierce more than just "Bronze". However, even though they can pierce who says they could pierce deeply? The arguement wasnt how deeply, just IF it can pierce. It all depends on the arrow types used. Even if it doesn't pierce though there are the facts of such impacts could break bones, send you flying backwards into the ground, knock you unconcious, and so on.

And even if they cant pierce,an archer can hit a full plate armored knight on the jplate joints or the visor.Also,real lfe arrows do not

have flint head.

Great guide! I'm now prepared to be shot in the kn-

GAAAAUUUUUUUGGGHHH!

SKYRIM JOKES ARE BAD!

Very good! Although, the contrast between crossbows and longbows is a little off. The range on crossbows is much much smaller, but the accuracy is much better. At long range, longbows are much better, at short range, crossbows are slightly stronger, if not the same. However, you were right about the training. A longbow should require years of training and expertise while a cross bow would require a few months of intense training.

Very good! Although, the contrast between crossbows and longbows is a little off. The range on crossbows is much much smaller, but the accuracy is much better. At long range, longbows are much better, at short range, crossbows are slightly stronger, if not the same. However, you were right about the training. A longbow should require years of training and expertise while a cross bow would require a few months of intense training.

Yah, I'm more or less aware at this point, but the main point of the guide still is evident, I'd like to think, and that's my main hope :P

much help, now i know how to be shot because of the fabulous cyber_king3!!1!

10/10 deserves a pin

I imagine that this point applies to not only chainmail against normal arrows, but also to all armors against any arrow-like missile weapon (javelins and slings, of course, aren't arrow-like :P). I contend that you do overestimate the power of ranged weapons here. I think everybody imagines crossbows as this sort of super-weapon that can annihilate any armor — they aren't. Even if a bolt or arrow is shot at short range, you've got a good chance, for your more heavily-armored chaps (I include chainmail-padded armor here), of surviving, largely able to keep fighting straight off, albeit slightly less effectively.

Got proof? You've "seen" but have you actually done the research to back this up? A.E.

http://www.currentmiddleages.org/artsci/docs/Champ_Bane_Archery-Testing.pdf

The tests were conducted and Longbows could pierce more than just "Bronze". However, even though they can pierce who says they could pierce deeply? The arguement wasnt how deeply, just IF it can pierce. It all depends on the arrow types used. Even if it doesn't pierce though there are the facts of such impacts could break bones, send you flying backwards into the ground, knock you unconcious, and so on.

he does state that to plate Armour the arrows but but an annoyance and this was tested with the thinnest armor of the time witch he also said a bit more padding and the arrow would just bounce off. Using the deformation to be the Force behind the blow it also does little damage. After all knight where the armor tanks of the middle ages with more mobility than most other troops just in the way their armor is design while offering more protecting.

now all your science and realism is good until yes every player in lotc has plate armor unlike the middle ages when it was so rare. All the restrictions with the bows cant really be put into play unless you want to stop all the plate armored night running around going for realism 

Great guide, clears up some confusion!