[Event Creature] Apparitions

Supremacy

I love the idea.

One thing that irks me, though, is it being treated as an individual being that can be smart. A huge group of souls sounds more like a mob than anything, and seems more akin to being something simple of mind, but incredibly malevolent in nature.

I bet if it were to be treated less like a entity, and more like a huge number of weak ghosts being coordinated by a kind of hive-mind. More like a swarm of ghosts that haunt the area around the pillar when the apparition isn't angered, doing minor things to scare away visitors, and acting as if they're stuck in time. Then, when it feels threatened, they'll come together all at once and form the Apparition.

It would also make sense if they're bound to the place where they were formed, without it, the combined souls bound there would lack purpose there. Personally, I'd have them haunt an area indefinitely, going so far as to haunt the rubble of the place when it is destroyed.

Really interesting! You have my support, places need to be haunted.. Omg haunted houses! already spawning event ideas... +1

I love this. Ran across a tomb just the other day that would be perfect for this sort've thing. Creepy as hell.

I love the idea. Adding more fantasy elements is a step in the right direction. (I thought we would be facing trolls instead of tribals.)

The ravine near the WR checkpoint was filled with dead Elves, I can imagine an apparition stalking that area.

Awesome. Reminds me a lot of the Barrow Wights from Middle-Earth!

When I wrote it I was really thinking that:
  • Clerics & Shamans can 'kill' it.
  • Shades & Necromancers can corrupt it to their cause.
  • Illusionists can 'trick' it (by pretending to be malevolent, a shade or something similar) or drive it back with light.
  • And fire mages and alterationists can drive it back with light.
  • Others could try to call upon its power, but it would require many. Malevolent intent is enough in a large (Maybe 6+ group).
  • Those with no magical power can seal it within its pillar with silver (Though it would take many people and likely many would die).
I'll clarify it later, once I have time to edit it.

Thank you for that clarification Kalenz.

This lore should easily be accepted to the server.

It is my official kitten opinion that the RP this produced and the RP it derived from will be some of the most immersed people will find on the server.

As all conversation has ceased, I am tagging this lore for review as instructed in the lore post instructions.