[Event Creature] Those That Feed In Red. Imp Parasite.

V0idsoldier

Hope the lore’s coming along nicely, glad to see you’re eager to answer questions~

Anyways, I was wondering how much blood Mr. Parasite would need to consume weekly (in approximated liters) – Specifically, is it so much that it’d probably force the host to steal large quantities of blood from others, committing murderous acts and such? Or could a determined individual resist harming others by devising alternative, more humane, sources of blood, given that they’re ample enough?

Also, about how fast can the Parasite “drink?” Through the host’s skin that is.

Thanks in advance!

Hehe, yea you could say I am excited. I am in love with this idea and really have a passion for it. Until it is reviewed I cant really bring myself to any other rp so for now I am just biding time.Here goes answering the questions!

The human body holds an estimated 4.7-5 liters of blood on average. The minimum you would need to feed the parasite would be about 5 liters of blood every 2-3 days. Keep in mind this is the minimum. Theoretically I could see a doctor trying to treat this by taking blood donations or something of that sort. It would not be impossible to quench the beasts hunger non violently, though the easiest solution is the taking of a human life every 2-3 days. Depending on how much blood you feed it, it can last up to 2 weeks without having to feed again. 

It would be a very quick process as the parasite consumes the blood in large quantities at a time. It has adapted itself in order to drain the prey as quickly as possible. I would say it would take 5 minutes maximum to fully drain the blood of a fully grown human male. This is of course with direct contact with the blood. It would likely be done via slitting the throat or another major artery area.

Edit: 

Dedicating this edit totally to you guys. Thank you a million for the incredible questions, the great support, and the beautiful "popular" sticker on the original message. When I posted this I was a bit confused on my role in the coming times with the server, but now that this has all been settled I can see clearly what I need to strive for. Thank you all~

you know Im going to +1 it... Really interesting lore 

You know...at first I was a bit skeptical. But once I read through the lore I can see this working out. Nice work, Angelos. This could definitely add a new layer to role-play. +1.

You know...at first I was a bit skeptical. But once I read through the lore I can see this working out. Nice work, Angelos. This could definitely add a new layer to role-play. +1.

Thank you kindly~ I did try my hardest and will continue to strive until my goal is met!

Really well written, with a lot of thought put into it definitely not something that brings vampirism to mind until someone mentioned it.

One thing that would be interesting to see is what would happen were one of these parasites to attach to a blood magic user...

I for one would be good with this being approved by the LM team, good job and good luck.

Vampires didn't come to mind until you said it. 

I'm alright with the infinite life thing, but it seems like it would decrease the host's natural lifespan. But nevermind that, it's a magic parasite.

+1 great work

I am very fond of this lore and it sounds very interesting and very well thought out! +1 from me!

One thing that would be interesting to see is what would happen were one of these parasites to attach to a blood magic user...

The possibilities are endless ;P.

Thank you all for the continued support. I remain very passionate about this and cannot wait until it has it's chance at a review by the LM team!

A genuinely interesting read.  This seems wholly original (at the very least I haven't seen it before) and I like that.  Not another cliched idea coming forward.  I think my only issue is the process in which one becomes afflicted.  An affliction such as this would be unwilling, and, most likely, the person doesn't realize until it is too late.  What will happen if a bunch of people want this new thing and apply for it?  We suddenly see an IC epidemic of murderous bloodthirsty men.

I am unsure of how this would be handled.

I like its nature.  An unwilling villain.  A nice change.  This certainly has my support-probably not as thought out and expansive as you'd have liked but you have my blessing nonetheless.

A genuinely interesting read.  This seems wholly original (at the very least I haven't seen it before) and I like that.  Not another cliched idea coming forward.  I think my only issue is the process in which one becomes afflicted.  An affliction such as this would be unwilling, and, most likely, the person doesn't realize until it is too late.  What will happen if a bunch of people want this new thing and apply for it?  We suddenly see an IC epidemic of murderous bloodthirsty men.

I am unsure of how this would be handled.

I like its nature.  An unwilling villain.  A nice change.  This certainly has my support-probably not as thought out and expansive as you'd have liked but you have my blessing nonetheless.

Your worries are entirely understood and actually a great point. I will try to address this problem in depth as it could be a possible downfall of this lore.

You are right. Many people could become as passionate as myself about this lore and flock to it in a attempt at being afflicted. This would be a major problem, though I hope to weed through many of the people through a in depth screening process both ooc and IC. As I stated I do not want to turn into a tyrannical leader with a power trip (in OOC), so I will be both strict but fair. Those that do make it through the process will be those who have a true passion oocly for this idea. 

Should you wish to be accepted I will likely wish for it to be your main character. I want this to become a predominant force in the world of Anthos while not growing too outrageous with numbers. A small tight knit group of people who will try their hardest to provide intense, passionate and acceptable role play. This alone should weed out many of the people oocly seeking a simple thrill.

I will not be a hard cap on the number of afflicted at a time until I get an evaluation of how many people actually want to role play this. Many people find it interesting, but not everyone will want to make it their main role play. Should worse come to worse I will likely make a cap of passionate roleplayers numbering under 10. Though again keep in mind that not everyone will fear this affliction. While the majority will be unwilling victims turned villains of sorts, some people (like my character) will have actively searched for it for years.

I can see this as a potentially serious problem so if it is accepted I will be sure to monitor it tightly.

Because the hosts do not age, would they then have an increased healing ability or recovery rate?

A grand question though I would have to say that they do not have a advanced recovery rate, at least not directly. As stated in the lore they are granted a incredibly advanced immune system so they are impervious to most diseases. The parasite also awakens shut down glands to slow hormonal growth. I cant really see any advanced healing in these strengths, though anything that revolves around disease or poison would be highly ineffective. 

I have to say, I really never liked you or saw you as a person I enjoyed being around on LotC, but this lore is actually very well-done. It's reasonable, works well as a substitute for "OMG VAMPIREZZZ!!1!!!!", and is written very, very well. I commend you, sir. Perhaps there's more to you than I thought ;)

I have to say, I really never liked you or saw you as a person I enjoyed being around on LotC, but this lore is actually very well-done. It's reasonable, works well as a substitute for "OMG VAMPIREZZZ!!1!!!!", and is written very, very well. I commend you, sir. Perhaps there's more to you than I thought ;)

Well when you achieve the support of someone who dislikes you, it means that much more. Thank you for giving this a read over. We have our differences which is quite clear, though I think it astounding for you to put them aside and read this without bias. Thank you for the words Moogle. 

Just because you follow it with a compliment doesn't mean what you said wasn't hurtful or disrespectful.  I know what you were trying to say, but what you said is pretty bad.