The Glacial Guards

Jistuma

*In various lands and towns a parchmant with a colorful paintain hangs.*

lsjMOVz.jpg

*Besides it, a note is fixed with more information on the Glacial Guards*

Glacial Guards

What are the Glacial Guards:

They are the Guards of the Hold of VaerHaven in the Dwarven lands, and as well the armed force. Their duty is to protect the citizens of VaerHaven and of the Kingdom of Urguan, keeping safe the forests and the frozen lakes which reside in the snow mountains.

What the Glacial Guards do:

The Glacial Guards' main job is the protection of the Hold of VaerHaven, but it's duties go beyond that. They also assist in protecting the kingdom, helping the dwarven legion in battle. As to train and to protect, expeditions, hunts and patrols shall be done, the Glacial Guards shall be the best in cold conditions. To safely and effectively do this, the Glacial Guards are trained in VaerHaven to hold long reach weapons, and hand to hand combat, as well as endurance and stamina training.

What are the Glacial Guards' beliefs:

Above all else they believe in the gift that life is, and try their hardest to protect it for all others, this even includes those who break the laws, and even those to take away life from others. They also belief that the laws and rules exist to protect the residents and the people, and as such the inforcement of the laws should not take priority over the safety of someone.

What are the ranks of the Glacial Guards:

SnowFlakes - The new recruits, untrained, unprepared to fight in the cold lands. Not allowed to draw a weapon on residents or members of the Kingdom without permission from someone of higher rank. They receive a pay of 100 minas an elven week, a place to rest and food.

ArticRiders - The men of the Glacial Guards, trained to roam the snow and ice lands. Allowed to draw arms to any that seems to endanger the life of someone. While they may allow for the SnowFlakes to draw arms with the situation calls for it, they are not allowed to order them. Still with a place to rest, they receive 150 minas an elven week as well as proper armor and weapons.

IcePikes - Those who stand out of the ordinary, excelent fighters who uphold the right mind. They have the duty to think of the best course of action to a situation, and lead their fellow members through the safest route to acomplish their task. Receiving a pay of 200 minas, they also receive the best armor and weapons available.

Frosts - Those who have special positions in the Glacial Guards. They are given a second name if they aquire this rank. They may lead the guards, performs special operations, evaluate the others and even train. Payment for this rank varies, and they own a house in the hold of VaerHaven.

Who the Glacial Guards accept as members:

Those who seek to join the Glacial Guards can be of any race, if they are loyal to the Hold of VaerHaven and to the Dwarven Kingdom. They can not be wanted men in both the Kingdom of Urguan nor in any of it's allied states. Those that feel normally angry shall not be accepted, or shall soon be removed after joining.

How can you tell if someone is a Glacial Guard:

Glacial Guards use an uniform fit for the cold environment they work at, armored warm robes of white color. On their chest they were a badge with their rank.

FlzYtAr.png

How to join the Glacial Guards:

To join the Glacial Guards the applicant will have to have an interview with one of the leaders. To do this, the applicant will have to move towards the hold of VaerHaven and answer a few questions. If accepted, he will join with the rank of SnowFlake, and start from there.

[interview]

[OOC]
Mcname:

Timezone:

Skype (optional):

[RP]
*One of the leaders of the Glacial Guards shows you into a room. He invites you to sit in a chair before starting the questions*

Your name?

Could you tell me your race, as to be sure.

What brings you to join the Glacial Guards?

Are you loyal to any other organization?

Could you tell me a bit about what you have been through in terms of fighting, killing, and exploring?

Have you ever killing someone, and what are your thoughs on killing?

Do you hold any enemies, and are you wanted somewhere?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In the military building of VaerHaven the information about the Guards is kept. Rosso sometimes heads there to update it*

Member - [Mcname] - Rank

Rosso - Jistuma - FrostStaff - Not payed
Dizzy - Dizzy771 - Frost - (unneded)

Thaern - W1lll - Ice Pike - (Inactivity)

Luke - TGWC - ArticRider - (Banned)
Tasarav - Sheenrox82 - ArticRider - (Inactivity)

Branaford - TNTlover12345 - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Lockrhian - Zarkan80 - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Kronus - Redpen900 - SnowFlake - Dead
Maletone - aquaticsunnymoss - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Kaess - jowa2992 - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Lyra - dracorailgun - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Elrond - blackopskid7 - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Kjorr - Ziko99 - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)
Ker'Athri - CrystalNole - SnowFlake - (Inactivity)

OOC]

Mcname: Redpen900

Timezone: Central

Skype (optional): none

[RP]

*One of the leaders of the Glacial Guards shows you into a room. He invites you to sit in a chair before starting the questions*

Your name? Kronus Calverius

Could you tell me your race, as to be sure. Elf

What brings you to join the Glacial Guards? It sounds like the adventure I need in my life

Are you loyal to any other organization? No

Could you tell me a bit about what you have been through in terms of fighting, killing, and exploring? I have never been in a fight or killed someone but I love exploring and i am not afraind to kill.

Have you ever killing someone, and what are your thoughs on killing? Never done and I won't unless I have to.

Do you hold any enemies, and are you wanted somewhere? No I am not wanted anywhere or have any enemeis

*Bod smirks at one of the rank names*

"Snowflakes..."

*He walks of giggling*

*Rosso leaves a note in the barracks for the Guards to see.*

"An expedition will be made later this elven day to test the members skill in mountain climbing, walking in the snow, and teamwork. This is also to help the members of the Alchemy guild as they collect some goods. Ropes, ice picks, weapons, and many more goods shall be provided to the Glacial Guards. Besides those of the alchemy guild and the Glacial Guards, perhaps some Scribes shall come as well, as the mountains hold quite the creatures.

In the end, the Glacial Guards will have the duty of protecting all others in the expedition, and as well to train to survive in the environment. I hope to see the best of you in this.

Rosso, Jarl of the Hold of VaerHaven, and current leader of the Glacial Guards"

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Rosso falls on his bed after the expedition. In the end, he believed that he did the right choise in sending the Glacial Guards with the alchemists and the other girl. He shakes his head for a bit, first day was mountain climbing and then rest, pretty peaceful, and without incidents. A fireplace was done to stay the night, nothing else was heard but wolves in the distance. It was on the second day that they reached the skelletons.*

2AXcrJg.png

*The great troll skeletons stood there. As Rosso and Kardel started trying to cut the leg, the young girl started to draw one of the trolls. The healer rested, while the SnowFlake shouted the area. All day passed the same way without incidents, but the cutting of the bone wasn't leading anywhere. At the end of the day, the saw hadn't done much. The lassy had finnished her drawing at that time. With the sun now gone, we decided to stop to attempt to remove the bone, and instead rested to return to VaerHaven the next day. But something happened.*

QjoGYy9.png

*A huge noise was heard first. All gathered together and avaluated the situation. Soon on top of the mountain a huge troll could be seen. A plan was made, and it was followed. While those who could not fight ran away, the Glacial Guards and Kardel stayed behind to buy time. The first part of the plan worked, then the rest was just to survive. After a few very tireing moments of evading and trying to trick the Troll, his face was hit, and gave time for the escape.*

1uAj4HT.png

*As the escape was done, the troll still tried to follow but he could not make it. In the end, the escape was done, and the return to VaerHaven done safely. None injured, none dead, as it should be*

((A big thank you to Geo for playing the Troll))

(( oh look... its Teaghan aka the "girl"

I hope that you guys will do more events like this as it was very enjoyable.  ))

*A new note is left in the Barracks for the members to see*

"To all Glacial Guards, you need to add a flag to your uniform on your front and on your shoulders. It is the flag of the Dwarven Legion which we are associated with. The flags are left at your beds, please add them to your uniform when possible.

Rosso, FrostStaff of the Glacial Guards."

*When the Guards return to their bed, the flags are trully there.*

((the skin suffered a small change.

FlzYtAr.png

If you have a hard time changing and making the head with your skin, please send me a tell IG, as my forum pm's are full.))

Kardel puts up a poster in the glacial guards barracks. If one was to read it, it would read:

"Glacial Guards, the alchemy guild seeks your assistance once again, this time our journey is to the swamps that lie east of the dwarven lands. I recommend you all bring thick rubber boots and lighten your clothing, for the swamps are moist and the ground wet, a truly horrible place to visit, but since  most of the best alchemical reagents tend to grow in such difficult places, I ask of you to bear with us. It would benifit you organization because the swamps take a great deal of strength to pass through, and would prove for some good exercise for your troops. If you wish to join us, simply send a courier or bird to the Karirdmarr, and we will begin preparing right away."

"Kardel Irongut"

*Rosso leaves a note in the barracks for the Guards to see.*

"As request once more from the alchemists of the dwarven lands, we will have an expedition with them as to protect them from anything that might happen. Being that the expedition this time is to the swamps in the dwarven lands, some time to train and to teach about it to you guards has to be done, and as such the expedition will only be done in two elven days. Once more all others that wish to join shall be free to do so. A healer and a scribe will be once more asked to come for eventual problems that might arrise.

The equipment shall be prepared ahead of time, and I hope to see more of you guards joining us than what happened last time. Boots, and even perhaps different wears shall be given. Stone tip spears shall also be given, as probably some beasts shall have to be slain. Once more no heavy equipment shall be taken, we shall need to be able to move fast and not sink if problems arrise.

I expect great things from you guards.

Rosso, FrostStaff of the Glacial Guards"

Mcname: jojoma11

Timezone: EST

Skype (optional): jojomack11

[RP]

Your name? Asgorath Spellsword

Could you tell me your race, as to be sure. Human.

What brings you to join the Glacial Guards? I originally Had decided to join the nierics, who then sided with oren after the banishing, and did nothing to stop the monstrous Flays. In Disgust, I left them, and in return I come to seek another guild with the standards they claimed to support. Another reason would be that My father, and for a short time, I, were the leaders of the Golden Aged Rebellion, A deceased guild against Oren.

Are you loyal to any other organization? Not anymore.

Could you tell me a bit about what you have been through in terms of fighting, killing, and exploring? I've studied many physics in weaponry, and I've created a chain whip that is able to cripple and disarm with ease. I've killed seldom, but I have against those who have caused harm against others without any morals. With Exploration I've traveled from the Orcish Badlands to Malinor, travelling to every nation. I've trained with nierics before leaving them.

Have you ever killing someone, and what are your thoughts on killing? I find that if killing is necessary, it is acceptable to commit the act, even though it is wrong. If a Man attempts to kill another, and you try your best to stop it, I think it is acceptable to take the next step.

Do you hold any enemies, and are you wanted somewhere? I hold enemies with The Flays and the Nierics. I am not wanted as of now.

Mcname: jojoma11

*The intervier thinks a bit on the asnwers.*

A few things will have to be discussed about the interview in person with Rosso, but if you agree to them you can concider yourself in. I hope the best of luck to you, and good luck into being accepted.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.