Cyndikate's Guide To Increasing Fps! Make Minecraft Run Faster!

Cyndikate

Are you tired of all the screen freezes, slide shows and frame lags when you play MC? Would you like to be able to play MC faster?

Read this guide, and follow these steps. 

Warning: Results vary by computer model, age of PC, graphics card, and computer specs. This is a last resort for players who find themselves playing MC at 10 FPS and want to see improvements. If you find that none of these settings work, then it's likely time to get a new computer or upgrade a new graphics card.

I'm afraid it's your responsibility to google these things. I don't have the links on top of my head, but I might soon.

About Cyndikate's computer

Cyndikate possesses a 5 year old HP laptop, dual core with an outdated graphics card. My computer isn't that good, and yet with the settings I made, I managed to get up from 11 FPS to about 70 and sometimes 80FPS. The following settings below are based on the methods that proved to work for my old timer.

http://gyazo.com/df1bffe2f2f367c82eaae0f7080e9850

http://gyazo.com/4e21d2637781af3955f44a0b482c545b

What you need!

-A computer that isn't older than 5 years old.

-The latest version of optifine

-Gamebooster(An older version of the software preferred)

-The right MC settings.

First:

If you're playing on a laptop, keep in mind that laptops sometimes have a tendency to perform weaker than PCs. Most of the time, it's not a big deal. You can do a lot of things with your laptop to make up for it, just don't expect to run like a super computer.  Anyway, if you're using a laptop.

Set your powermode settings to "High Performance".

You can do that by right clicking your battery icon on your task bar.(bottom right) click power options. Select High Performance, and close the program. You can also just left click the battery icon on your task bar and select your power mode settings from there. Keep in mind that these instructions work on both Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Keep in mind that High performance mode can and will drain your battery mode faster than Balanced or Power Saver, for better PC performance. Power Saver, however, sacrifices PC performance for longer battery life.

If you're playing on a PC, skip this step.

Second

Go to your MC settings.

• Field of Vision(FOV) to Quake Pro
  • Set your sensitivity to 150%

Go to your video settings.

Try to use these settings here, and see if they work

http://gyazo.com/74925260bf527cde28cea4cc90d89493

I also highly recommend setting your GUI scale to small for more FPS.

Third

Install Optifine on your client. Be sure to back up your minecraft.jar with all your mods and plugins and stuff in case something goes wrong. I can't promise you it will work with mods already installed.

Open your jar with winrar,  unzip the files from optifine, put all of the files from the optifine folder into your jar(opened with winrar) and DELETE the META-INF afterwards before closing the winrar window. Do not forget to do this.

It's your responsibility to follow the instructions given by the mod's developer.

Fourth

Install an older version of GameBooster(The newest game booster program can only boost one game, to my knowledge.) and just click the boost button. Gamebooster just closes unnecessary programs

which also increases your PC's performance. So it's a great asset to have for online PC gaming.

--

How to best increase game performance

Close all unecessary programs some programs have a tendency to clog up system memory.

Try to avoid using Skype calls or Teamspeak when playing MC.

Avoid using Firefox or Internet explorer - These browsers, and firefox especially are known to take up system resources. A good alternative is Google Chrome.

--

Remember, results vary by computer model and specs. What may work for one person may not work for another. If you followed these steps and haven't found the slightest increase in FPS, it may be time to consider getting a new computer, because Minecraft likely isn't designed to run on your specs.

I hope this guide has proved useful to our readers.

Thank you.

Google chrome uses more memory than any other browser, due to the fact that every tab has it's own process. I switched to firefox for this reason.

It's a good guide, although it could be seen as common sense.

Some of the links are broken :'(

My gyazo links? I'll see if I can fix that.

EDIT: Yeah, I saw the error. Gyazo has a tendency to act up sometimes.

Google chrome uses more memory than any other browser, due to the fact that every tab has it's own process. I switched to firefox for this reason.

It's a good guide, although it could be seen as common sense.

With the absurd amount of people talking about their 3 fps, It seems needed lol.

Good guide, but I'm gonna disagree with the browser part. Firefox or IE are the best browsers to use for CPU usage. Chrome is a great browser, but will run 5-6 different processes after some time using it. I'd suggest using Firefox for browsing when using a high CPU usage program.

Also, using FPS++ can help with world loading if you are/aren't using a multi-core CPU.

A few other ways to insure high FPS is making sure your JAVA is updated, and to make sure that you're not giving minecraft high priority of your memory. Since JAVA is a hog it will instead just use the memory and keep jogging at the same FPS.

With the absurd amount of people talking about their 3 fps, It seems needed lol.

No one plays on 3 fps. No one. It's like playing the game with pictures. I've hit 1 fps and it just completely freezes.

No one plays on 3 fps. No one. It's like playing the game with pictures. I've hit 1 fps and it just completely freezes.

I play on 3 fps fairly often on my macbook, but I just turn it off and on again (minecraft that is, not the computer). ;D

http://youtu.be/nn2FB1P_Mn8

In the video settings category, turning 'Particles' to 'Minimal' greatly reduces lag near water, in rain and snow, in explosions, with lighting, and generally with anything that uses particles as the game doesn't have to put energy into loading these.