Anthos Annual Death Games [Placeholder Name]

ixTec

I understand what you're saying, and I was reluctant at first but nations are constantly having smaller tournaments for their knights or battle-worthy warriors and something like this could create some much needed nation vs nation RP. The Orcs seem to enjoy killing each other over petty things, so they may be interested in this and as for the other races, it would be a chance to show off their strength.

I don't see how the nations could find the time with all the killing going on, to launch a competition like this. Not only that, but if they were to do it the contestants would really need to perma kill if they die, or else it would literally hold no meaning and be boring. With those two factors alone I can say I cant see it being very successful, and I'm sure there are other reasons. I'm not trying to be negative, just real. If there were evil creatures attacking America, I promise you that football would be cancelled for a bit :P

I honestly want to see this happen. It would be so funny seeing some halflings taking on other races

by funny I mean they would totally pwn dos n00bs

It's an event to provide entertainment, so hopefully it will be :)

Would be a fun event, specially if there was some nice lore tied into it. Maybe ways for the GMs to put some money they have back into the economy as well?

They're welcome to provide the prize fund if they wish, perhaps if they were to, it might increase? We'll have to see though :)

I seem to recall something like this in Asulon. Whilst I'm unsure if it went well, I'd still like to see this done again.

There was something slightly similar but it happened just after I took my holiday from LOTC, so I actually did not get to see it happen :( 

I don't see how the nations could find the time with all the killing going on, to launch a competition like this. Not only that, but if they were to do it the contestants would really need to perma kill if they die, or else it would literally hold no meaning and be boring. With those two factors alone I can say I cant see it being very successful, and I'm sure there are other reasons. I'm not trying to be negative, just real. If there were evil creatures attacking America, I promise you that football would be cancelled for a bit :P

The nations wouldn't be "launching" anything. They'd simply be taking part in the event. If you read the post entirely you'd see my disclaimer of sorts...

The Antags aren't exactly posing a threat to much right now, other than to the places they attack. A lot of characters haven't even heard of them.

EDIT: You also can't force a player to PK, so it is still up to them, even though it would be preferred.

I would change it from two from every race to two from every nation. So all those Human kingdoms would get people too.

I would change it from two from every race to two from every nation. So all those Human kingdoms would get people too.

After discussing the event idea with some others, I had questioned whether or not to do race or by nation and I chose race because it was fairer on everyone. It wouldn't be right for the Humans to have 20 competitors and the Halflings to only have 2.

How big would an arena be? Are we talking the size of maps on HG servers? 

Either way, it would be pretty easy to make one with enough builders, considering most HG maps are made with world paint, but you would have to manually put in buildings and chests.

Well to be fair, they would just be representing nations, not their whole race. It's like where the tributes represent districts, not an entire race.

It seems very generic. It is hunger games, basically, with a different name and a LotC twist. Yes, this would be fun and very entertaining, but I feel like it should be changed- lore added and a different base- still a tournament of sorts, but nothing like the hunger games. It should be original.

It isn't going to be as big an event if there isn't a good reason it came about, it would also be very beneficial for the event idea to take on more of a LotC feel.

Although I do like the proposal, I feel it needs to be changed quite a bit. You have my full support once you have done so in a satisfactory way, and I would love to help out as an ET builder/actor.

How big would an arena be? Are we talking the size of maps on HG servers? 

At the moment, I'm unsure of the size but it is something that would be discussed with others.

For now, I would say that it would not be too big, simply to make it easier to monitor the players and for others to watch it.

Well to be fair, they would just be representing nations, not their whole race. It's like where the tributes represent districts, not an entire race.

It's honestly easier to do it via race, but to give it a wider effect on others I may introduce the sub-races so that there is more competition.  If that were to happen then the prize for the winner would definitely increase.

It seems very generic. It is hunger games, basically, with a different name and a LotC twist. Yes, this would be fun and very entertaining, but I feel like it should be changed- lore added and a different base- still a tournament of sorts, but nothing like the hunger games. It should be original.

It isn't going to be as big an event if there isn't a good reason it came about, it would also be very beneficial for the event idea to take on more of a LotC feel.

Although I do like the proposal, I feel it needs to be changed quite a bit. You have my full support once you have done so in a satisfactory way, and I would love to help out as an ET builder/actor.

I'll admit, it is a very simple idea and is based off of The Hunger Games. I will be trying to speak with the ET and LT to create some suitable lore and reasoning behind having the event within LOTC and not just have it out of the blues.

You know. The moment I see Mockingjays and Katnip wannabees will be the day I regret saying I like this idea.

You know. The moment I see Mockingjays and Katnip wannabees will be the day I regret saying I like this idea.

Why would there be mockingjays? There's no lore behind them and since they don't exist in real life and so there would have to be lore to RP then, as far as I know.

As for Katniss-wannabees, I'm not exactly sure what you think they would be, but there are already a few characters that are somewhat similar. If you're referring to them volunteering in place of others, that wouldn't happen since the competitors would be picked from those who volunteer for it. So anyone competing, will have accepted what might happen.

I do understand that most people don't want the hunger games directly incorporated into LOTC, which is why there would be lore and reasoning behind and event such as this and I can assure you it won't include any mockingjays.

I actually really like this idea, but not in the way you've presented it - I will however attempt to get something similar done in my own power.

I'm going to ask ChumpChump for premission to build a huge maze far underneath Abresi then launch a competition: high entry fee, large sponsership prize and winner takes all, the catch however is that if you die in the competition, you're permakilled.

Ooh, ooh, ooh.

I actually really like this idea, but not in the way you've presented it - I will however attempt to get something similar done in my own power.

I'm going to ask ChumpChump for premission to build a huge maze far underneath Abresi then launch a competition: high entry fee, large sponsership prize and winner takes all, the catch however is that if you die in the competition, you're permakilled.

Ooh, ooh, ooh.

You can't actually force anyone to PK their character... So not quite sure what you have in mind... A simple maze?

Also if you don't like how I presented it, give reasons so I can improve it.

Why would there be mockingjays? There's no lore behind them and since they don't exist in real life and so there would have to be lore to RP then, as far as I know.

As for Katniss-wannabees, I'm not exactly sure what you think they would be, but there are already a few characters that are somewhat similar. If you're referring to them volunteering in place of others, that wouldn't happen since the competitors would be picked from those who volunteer for it. So anyone competing, will have accepted what might happen.

I do understand that most people don't want the hunger games directly incorporated into LOTC, which is why there would be lore and reasoning behind and event such as this and I can assure you it won't include any

mockingjays.

lrwc6tF.jpg

Just to reiterate. I /do/ support this idea.

lrwc6tF.jpg

Just to reiterate. I /do/ support this idea.

Hehehe, Thanks for clarifying that. I'm a little slow with jokes :P