Athenos: The First True Democracy In Aegis

Polgrath

For too long my fellow man has been oppressed by the tyranny of monarchs and despots. From the Rex's of the orcs to the councils of other races, the common person has little or no power. That changes no. Cast away your chains and join Athenos, modeled on the Ancient greek style of democracy. People should not fear its government, a government must fear it's people. There is no requirements to join, simpily a zeal for true freedom to lose the yokes of ruler ship foisted upon them by despots. I have no powers of magic to gain protected land to live, only the sweat of our brows and the might of our steel shall allow us to prevail but we will own our selves. All men are created equal and should be treated as such. Regardless of race, creed, or past Athenos will accept you. Aegis, give us your poor and huddled masses for a land of the common man. Many including Gavin, Heergoth, Will_Forester, Medic Rex, and Bloodnrose have felt the call of liberty. Will you simpily do as you're told or rise up to live how you want to. Vote on laws instead of having them forced upon you. Are you mice or are you men? Who's with me?!

Rp: What we choose are king and ar' 'appy with him and his democracy leave the dwarves out of this.

ooc: what kind of democracy be specific...

He said greek. Google is your best friend BTW.

ooc: I wasnt paying attention also thats a republic which is basicly a representative democracy but its not the same.

Hello everyone. Reply to this if you'd like to learn the Location of Athenos. Just so you know, This is Will Forestin, Captain of Athenos Gaurd.

I am!

Alright sir, This is great. I am Will_Forestin, And I will Permit you access. ((IGN HarrisonBitzis send me a message when your on)) Meet me In al'khazar.

Might I add Will was elected by his fellow man. Not nobility.

You would do wise to hold your tongues. While you should be free to express yourselves, appeasing the will of all the people to have power will bring you nowhere. Anything born out of selfishness will be lost to selfishness, and only those blessed by the God of Aegis are worthy to rule his people!

I would rather be ruled by one good King than One thousand of my own kind.

(Voltaire reference)

The monarchs rule by divine will. It is not in our ability to challenge the will of God!

"Thou who shalt give a bit of liberty to provide security deserve none and receive neither." Sir Thomasta Jeffersoniuos

In Athenos you are all kings! Come members of the working class! Proleteriat unite!

Ha! You lose no liberty by being ruled by King Edmund! If anything he is too generous. He guided the building of half a city with his own two hands! He pays the guards generously. He only just set up taxes in Al'Khasar while the Dwarves, who honestly have more representation, have had taxes for ages.

((lol so much of this is ooc its scary))