[✓] The Desert Bush Berry

Jistuma

The Desert Bush Berry

kobnu9W.png

So, what are the desert bushes berries?

They are berries that grow from bushes in the desert cactus forests. They are native to Elysium and Anthos. They are fully red and have a strong and sweet taste. Their uses in alchemy, potion making and other appliances have not yet been discovered.

WDaFQs4.png

The bushes survive by gathering nutrients and water from  the cactus around them, but they do not need many nutrients. Their seeds are spread by the desert animals eating the berries, that is why they grew to have a very sweet flavour, as to attract the animals.

The bush itself is very ugly, appearing dead, this to stop the animals from trying to eat the plant itself. Even another means to protect itself are the many thorns it has. The thorns give a small allergic reaction if someone is injured by them, and small animals can even die from it. When the plant is cut, it can be seen that the inside is green, and the properties of it not know yet, it probably associated with the reaction the thorns give.

t4O7qsQ.jpg

Most of the time the bush does not have many berries as the animals quickly eat it, finding some is a rare sight, normally the bush just being seen as a normal dead bush. Being in the middle of the desert in forests of cactus doesn't help it being sighted, but soon the people should start finding them.

How would it be rp'ed?

The plant itself would be rp'ed with a dead bush, and for the berries, red dye could very well be used, or perhaps apples. The berry would have many uses in rp, from cooking, alchemy, medicine maybe,
creating paint, or simple decoration. It can also be rp'ed as a rose or with netherwarts

Post was moved out to the archives before it was accepted/denied. Would want help from alchemists on writing about it's use, but it's still a complete lore.

I would support this. Seems like a good addition to the food/ingredients pool.

This was implemented on the 8th of April 2013.

Here is the relevant thread for any viewing LM: http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/83182-vote-wide-array-of-lores/

It is in a staff section and thus will appear to be a broken link for anyone without access to that forum.

This was implemented? Oh...

Well, I found the post I made in the archives, so I thought it was removed from the lore section from innactivity, it had no post stating it was accepted or implemented. I'll link it:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/80373-the-desert-bush-berry/?hl=%22desert+bush+berry%22

I know. There seems to have been a filing error.

This should be corrected as soon as a current LM stumbles across this thread.

Move to Accepted Lore for the next stage. Please hold use till Implemented.