[Shelved][✓] Spectral-Spiritual Connections (Ghost Magic)

Supremacy

Mmm... Maybe, but I feel invisibility should be able to be used by all ghosts...

How else are they gonna hide, honestly? You're forcing them to, but with this sunlight stuff, they'll need shelter by day. That generally means a crowded establishment. Can't invis? Well, oh ****.

Other than that, looking good Kalenz.

Ghosts aren't afraid of sunlight...they aren't injured by sunlight...they could give a fk less about sunlight...O.o

Ghosts aren't afraid of sunlight...they aren't injured by sunlight...they could give a fk less about sunlight...O.o

They are. Take a look at Kalenz's standardising spectral creatures. ALL spectral beings are immediately killed by sunlight.

They are. Take a look at Kalenz's standardising spectral creatures. ALL spectral beings are immediately killed by sunlight.

Not in LOTC they aren't :I Go read OUR lore.

Not in LOTC they aren't :I Go read OUR lore.

I've read your lore. Kalenz made changes. I didn't like them either. I can't play my Graven at all now, he now breaks lore. So what the hell do you say to that? Read it. LOTC sunlight now kills spectral beings. Including ghosts, Graven, and Apparitions. I don't like it either. I never will. It's caused a lot of friction in the Graven community with Kalenz. Basically all of us don't RP them anymore, except a very small number. I still would, but I can't without getting into trouble.

I've read your lore. Kalenz made changes. I didn't like them either. I can't play my Graven at all now, he now breaks lore. So what the hell do you say to that? Read it. LOTC sunlight now kills spectral beings. Including ghosts, Graven, and Apparitions. I don't like it either. I never will. It's caused a lot of friction in the Graven community with Kalenz. Basically all of us don't RP them anymore, except a very small number. I still would, but I can't without getting into trouble.

The ghosts and you lore? No. I read that yesterday it said nothing about sunlight.

The ghosts and you lore? No. I read that yesterday it said nothing about sunlight.

That's the exact lore I'm NOT talking about. I'm talking about Kalenz's edit. I'll link if you'd like?

That's the exact lore I'm NOT talking about. I'm talking about Kalenz's edit. I'll link if you'd like?

*sigh* Fine.

Send me a PM and we can see if/how ghost lore can be changed. Such comments belonged more on that lore than this post which gives ghosts more powers.

The purpose of this lore is to give/unlock magic potential for ghosts.

Yes. Please make ghosts more ghostly.

I felt the original lore for all creatures were fine as is. As much as I dislike it, I will accept and respect the decision of the LT, if extremely reluctantly and not a little grudgingly.

I would say that this would indeed be a nice thing for ghosts. However, the fact that it can only be used with limited interactions with the mortal world, may mean a few things.

1) A ghost is forced to reside in largely unpopulated areas, meaning that they will be unlikely to encounter RP except as a Poltergeist, in which case they could likely reside in populated areas, at the risk of being hunted.

2) A ghost which take it to the extreme and live in forests would be demanifested by sunlight.

3) Ghosts can't become invisible unless distanced from spirit world. This pretty much kills ALL ghost RP of any kind.

As such, I'll make a counter-proposal. One, and ONLY ONE mortal can interact with a spirit continuously and often without affecting use of powers, and this one person would be a significant other, such as a close friend, lover, or family member. This would allow for something that makes ghosts ghost-like, however still gives them a chance for (relatively) regular (constant and frequent) RP. Just my own suggestion.

3) Ghosts can't become invisible unless distanced from spirit world. This pretty much kills ALL ghost RP of any kind.

Being invisible as a ghost is what makes ghost rp interesting... Expecially as a Haunt... Maybe one of the can't's is wrong there, do you mean that only those that do not play a ghost as a normal character would be able to go invisible? Or that every ghost would?

Being invisible as a ghost is what makes ghost rp interesting... Expecially as a Haunt... Maybe one of the can't's is wrong there, do you mean that only those that do not play a ghost as a normal character would be able to go invisible? Or that every ghost would?

What I'm stating here is that currently Kalenz has made it sound like invis is only available for those that distance themselves. But this effectively kills ANY chance for ghost-like RP from the ghosts that DO RP with the living. Thus, I feel that any ghost which takes the time for the MA should be able to turn invisible, RP with mortals or not.

EDIT: Okay, I worded my previous post in a SLIGHTLY confusing manner. By can't I mean, that with the various additions Kalenz has proposed, should they be accepted, they would not be ABLE to.