[Recruiting] Order Of The Griffon

KoTo

jdpBXRh.png

6SfrwRN.png?1?7449

aa3pP.png

Rise in Glory, for Oren, for the Emperor, and the Holy Creator.

The Chapter of the Griffon is not one of those organizations spanning hundreds of years. It was was formed in the year 1445 of our world. It began as an idea of a man, Malric Varodyr, whose wish was to create a beacon of hope for the weakened Empire of Oren. The Varodyrs, a noble family of Oren, have been scattered, and it was up to Malric to unite them. Seeing how divided his family was helped him realize at what state Oren currently is. The Northern Kingdom of Herendul was being constantly attacked by the Scourge, the Pretender Sophia Horen and the Elves of Malinor gathering up arms against them, all made things very clear to Malric. And thus, from his vision, the Chapter of the Griffon had been born.

expedition_by_aryk8-d3a23rp.jpg

aa3pP.png

The Order Tenets

1. An Order Member must believe wholeheartedly in the Creator, and his creation of Horen and the world. Lack of faith within an Order Member will result in banishment from the Order, with all possessions stripped.

2. An Order member must show complete and utter loyalty to his Imperial Divinity. Failure to do so will result in immediate execution.

3.An Order member may not hold any other allegiances. 

4. An Order Member may never take the life of another Order member. Doing so will result in immediate execution.

5. An Order Member may never steal from the Order, or any of it’s members. Doing so will result in banishment from the Order.

Codex Reprehenderat

The following tenets of the Reprehenderat are the formal strictures of the Faith written at the establishment of the Church of the One True Faith by Evaristus and Clement and maintained by the Church throughout the ages. They have been translated into many different tongues in their time and upheld by various differing schisms and doctrines, however the Codex has always remained the same. The breaking of these tenets is considered to be the greatest possible sin within the Faith, without redemption denying a soul entry into the Seven Skies upon death. All Order members must follow it with utter devotion.

Ordo Deus

No other deity exists or stands before God, the Creator, and no other being may ever be worshipped.

Ordo Ecclesia

There is one God and the Church is His established, unquestionable will.

Ordo Hereticus

He who will not submit to the teachings of the faith is life unworthy of life.

Ordo Schismatis

He who defers from the orthodox teachings of the faith is life unworthy of life.

Ordo Apostasia

He who renounces the teachings of the faith is life unworthy of life.

Ordo Inferno

All must fight the taint of Iblees and other foul demons and never consort with such.

Ordo Veneficium

Magic not used as a manifestation of the will of God is witchcraft and the abominable work of demons.

Ordo Castimonia

All must maintain the purity and sanctity of their body.

Ordo Regem

All external forces must submit to the rule of humanity, the chosen race of God.

Ordo Repentia

All who violate these tenets must repent, through either deed or death

aa3pP.png

The Ranks

-Neophyte-

The stepping stone to becoming a Knight Brother. The Neophyte is the first rank granted to aspiring Knight-Brother. They go through a lot of rigorous training and testing, including training in combat, religious and historical education amongst others.However not every Neophyte makes it into the Order, as it is purely a training and testing rank. The Judicators screen out those unworthy to join the soldiers of the Order and train up those with potential until they are truly prepared to take on the Trial.

-Knight-Brother-

the_knights_of_the_bragar_barony_by_yanz

We are the ones who keep the vigil.We’re the ones who have passed the Trials.We are

the ones who stand against the wicked and the corrupt, and do not falter!

The Knight-Brother. The bulk and face of the order. They have passed their training, their trials and are ready to serve the Creator, the Church and the Empire. The Knight-Brothers will still be subject to training and education, to enhance their skills, further their knowledge and solidify their faith. They are free to chose their own armoring and weapon type/style, their skills and training will vary upon their own

choices to maximize their combat prowess.

-Judicators-

We are the revered. We show dominance and passion. We show strength in our

knowledge and obedience. Our undying faith produces victory. We’re the Order’s sword

and shield.

The Judicator rank is reserved for the best of the best of the order. They have shown unmatched skill and undying loyalty to both the Order and the Creator. They’re the teachers for the Kngiht-Brothers and the guides to the Initiates. They are charged with the training and educating of the Neophytes as well as the trialing of the initiates. More or less playing the mentor role within the Order for their brothers and sisters below them. They act as the overseers within the order, judging punishments and judging the heretics and blasphemers brought before them. From amongst this rank, a new Lord Griffon and Vindicator is chosen, based upon their experiences and skills.

-The Vindicator-

I am the one everyone can fall behind on, the one who wields the light.I am the chosen

one, to aid the Lord Griffon, and through him, the Emperor himself. His bulwark, his stalwart, his

shield, his strong right hand.

The Vindicator is a title held by a single member of the Order, one who has shown great loyalty, honor, courage, determination in the eyes of the Holy Creator.Only by being a Judicator can someone achieve this

prestigious rank.The Vindicator acts as the right hand man of the Lord Griffon. He may do all the duties of every other rank, and additionally assisting the Lord in many ways .He keeps the Order up and running, and is almost as important and vital to the goal as the Lord Griffon himself.

-Lord Griffon-

knight_speedpaint_by_thompson46-d4e0rkg.

The Creator is my master, I stand under him guiding my brothers and sisters. I show

passion and understanding to be in my position. I show power and dominance over

them, through that we gain victory. My chains are locked, only the Creator may set me

free.

The Leader of the Order, the Lord Griffon oversees the workings of the Order in it’s entirety. He leads them intobattle and commands their forces.

-Non militant roles-

-Master of Arms-

The Master of Arms is the one who provides the Order with armor and weapons, working tirelessly day and night if he has to, and ensures that the Order members have the best equipment out there, in the field of battle.The Master of Arms, being what he is, is usually skilled with a weapon of his choice, and he may fight himself, if that is his wish.

-Scribe-

Scribes are the ones who maintain records of everything that happens within, and around the Order.They are also the ones who tend to the libraries, and send out letters, making sure they are written with much detail and precision.They are also known to write books about the Order, detailing glorious battles and deeds.

-Physician-

The Physician is a rank that requires having at least a vast knowledge of healing herbs, potions, and

various methods of bandaging and healing.Their time prior to conflicts is spent making potions, bandages, and all other things which may help a fellow Knight-Brother when he’s hurt.They also tend to other members of the Order after a battle.

-Proletarian-

Proletarians are the ones who supply the order with basic supplies, such as wood or food. They can also mine ore for the Order, and they can keep 25 percent of their profits for themselves, with the addition of being payed.

jericho_by_tomedwardsconcepts-d5bwyu9.jp

aa3pP.png

The Trial of Seven

The step to become an Knight-Brother. Even if one has become a Knight-Brother, protocols

require another screening. This is to check the personal growth and see if they are capable of

further responsibility. The Trial of the Seven take after the theme of the Seven Skies, the Seven

Virtues.

-Humility-

One must not flaunt the Creator’s blessing to all those who have not been God-Touched.

Understand there are times when bowing your head is better than starting a all out brawl.

-Rectitude-

Rectitude or Righteousness. Believing what you are doing is right, and judging those who

oppose you as wrong. Forsake those who would stray from the path, lest they too corrupt and

bring reckoning upon us all.

-Patience-

Patience, not hastiness. Plans requires years to come into fruition, and although the Creator

calls upon reckoning upon heretics, He has set no timeline. One must not be hasty in the

planning of such events.

-Valour-

One must not falter in the face of adversity. It requires strength and valour to know you may lose, but duty requires you to stand your ground. One must show great determination in all actions he takes.

-Loyalty-

Without loyalty, men may as well be dogs and mercenaries. Serving whoever who has the most.

amount of prestige and coin. Loyalty is what continues and makes the Order whole. If there was.

no loyalty, there would be no Order of the Griffon.

-Temperance-

Self control, discipline. ‘May your steel remain sharp, and your mind even sharper’. This phrase means that you can control your body with your mind. Not let people tempt you, and not let people sway your decision. You will not over drink, and you engage in wanton activities.

-Piety-

Devotion to the Creator, to follow His path and unravel the Grand Plan. To meditate upon the

questions of the world, and the meaning of life.

warbreaker_by_fetsch-d5izeu1.jpg

aa3pP.png

Knight-Brother's Oath

I pledge myself, from now and forever, to the Order of the Griffon. I declare to take freely and solemnly this oath of obedience, brotherhood and piety. With this oath I state my strong and irrevocable intent. To pledge my sword, my forces, my life and everything that I own to the cause, defense, honour and further knowledge of the Church of the True Creator, of the Order of the Cross and of my companions in arms.

To submit to the Rule of his Holiness the High Ecclesiarch,  the Rules, Law and Decrees and all other statements issued in conformity to the Statutes of the Order; to obey unconditionally and always, within the Establishments of the Order and without, and in all walks of life, the Lord Griffon and the high Officers of the Order, collectively and singularly.

To defend the pious pilgrims, to fight the infidels and the non-believers with my example, virtue, charity and convincing arguments; and to fight with the sword the infidels and non-believers who attack the Order with their own sword.

Finally, barring rules dictated by Religion and the Order, to conform to the Laws and Customs of the Empire in which I reside, to fulfill my duties of citizen, and to be loyal to the Divine Emperor and the Church, of whom which we serve.

This oath I pronounce loudly before the Lord Griffon present at this Convent. I sign it and confirm it by my blood. Again, I write it and sign its registration in the documents relating to this Convent and witnessed by the Vindicator and the Lord Griffon. Glory be to the Creator, the Church and the Divine Emperor. Amen.

aa3pP.png

Application 

-OOC-

MC Name:

Timezone

Skype name(Required):

Do you use TS(required):

Do you have a VA? If so, for what evils:

-IC-

Name

Race

Fighting skills:

Non-Fighting skills:

Does the applicant swear loyalty to the Lord Griffon, the High Ecclesiarch and his Imperial Divinity:

Does the applicant believe in the Creator:

What are the applicants moral boundaries(What will he not do):

What is the applicants reason for joining?:

Does the applicant wish to add anything else:

aa3pP.png

[Expect an RP reply in this thread when you post an app. Once accepted, find me IG, /msg KoToTamoPeva]

[Credits to Raptor and Firespirit who wrote a sizable chunk of this for a completely different thing half a year ago.]

-OOC-

MC Name: mthdominator

Timezone: EST

Do you use TS?: When asked/requested.

Evils: 2abc. Easily capable of adding/subtracting evils, if need be.

-IC-

Name: Matthew Dunham, of the noble line Dunham, defender of the Bristiric people.

Race: I am of the Creators blessed Humanity.

Fighting skills: One is chivalrous in many ways, and capable of wielding steel in varying forms; ranging from respectable sword play, to work with poleaxes and lances of numerous degree.

Non-Fighting skills: Smithing, has been a task of my own since my birth. When not tending to steel, other forms of artisan crafts take my time.

Does the applicant swear loyalty to Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity?: Certainly.

Does the applicant believe in the Creator?: Undying faith has been given to the Creator and his holy men. Deus Magnus.

Moral boundaries: I shall do anything in the name of the Creator, with little question. By the law of my kin, I shan't harm any innocent women, child, or man of the faith.

Reason: To serve the Creator and the people of Humanity and the blessed kin of other races in a way greater than just faith.

MC Name: mthdominator

Evils: 2abc. Easily capable of adding/subtracting evils, if need be.

-IC-

Fighting skills: One is chivalrous in many ways, and capable of wielding steel in varying forms; ranging from respectable sword play, to work with poleaxes and lances of numerous degree.

Does the applicant swear loyalty to Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity?: Certainly.

Moral boundaries: I shall do anything in the name of the Creator, with little question. By the law of my kin, I shan't harm any innocent women, child, or man of the faith.

<span style="font-family: times new roman" ,="" times,="" serif'="">Reason: To serve the Creator and the people of Humanity and the blessed kin of other races in a way greater than just faith.

A letter is sent back in reply.

Matthew Dunham, your devotion and faith will be a great asset to you in the days to come. You are hereby accepted as a Neophyte. I shall contact you shortly.

((I'm going to bed, I'll hit you up on skype tommorow so we can arrange a meeting.))

[Magnificent.]

A Mahkoom Trade Enterprise Messenger approaches the (office?) of the Lord Griffon. He presents a letter with fine handwriting and a red seal of which two crossed scimitars are etched into it.

The letter reads:

"To whom it may concern,

The Mahkoom Trade Enterprise is interested in supplying your order with weapons and armour, for a good price of course. If you are also in need of manpower, we can also provide 'willing' soldiers to fight on your side. Contact us as soon as possible with your reply. Give this messenger a letter and send him back to us.

-Fadiq Al'Mahkoom, President of the Mahkoom Trade Enterprise."

A Mahkoom Trade Enterprise Messenger approaches the (office?) of the Lord Griffon. He presents a letter with fine handwriting and a red seal of which two crossed scimitars are etched into it.

The letter reads:

"To whom it may concern,

The Mahkoom Trade Enterprise is interested in supplying your order with weapons and armour, for a good price of course. If you are also in need of manpower, we can also provide 'willing' soldiers to fight on your side. Contact us as soon as possible with your reply. Give this messenger a letter and send him back to us.

-Fadiq Al'Mahkoom, President of the Mahkoom Trade Enterprise."

Malric finishes reading the letter, and begins to write a reply to the Mahkoom Trade Enterprise.

"To whom it may concern,

The Lord Griffon very much appreciates your offer of arms for the good of our cause. While we do have a lack of manpower of the moment, they are not needed at the moment. I send you this message for you to arrange a time and place for us to meet. "

-Lord Griffon Malric Varodyr. 

*the crest of the Order of the Griffon is stamped on the bottom.

6SfrwRN.png?1?7449

Application 

-OOC-

MC Name: zymph

Skype name(Required): I'll PM it to you. I'd rather not give that out to everyone.

Do you use TS(required): I do not, but could if requested.

Do you have a VA? If so, for what evils: No

-IC-

Name

John Glass

Race

Human

Fighting skills:

None

Non-Fighting skills:

Laborer (Mining and lumbering)

Does the applicant swear loyalty to the Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity:

I do hereby swear loyalty to the Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity.

With every fiber of my being.

I have never really thought about killing, that's about how far it is on my list of 'last resorts.'

The kindness Sir Matthew and the Lord Griffon have showed me is such that I have seldom seen before. I wish to serve them, and more so, the Creator. 

aa3pP.png

Application 

-OOC-

MC Name: zymph

Skype name(Required): I'll PM it to you. I'd rather not give that out to everyone.

Do you use TS(required): I do not, but could if requested.

Do you have a VA? If so, for what evils: No

-IC-

Name

John Glass

Race

Human

Fighting skills:

None

Non-Fighting skills:

Laborer (Mining and lumbering)

Does the applicant swear loyalty to the Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity:

I do hereby swear loyalty to the Lord Griffon, and his Imperial Divinity.

With every fiber of my being.

I have never really thought about killing, that's about how far it is on my list of 'last resorts.'

The kindness Sir Matthew and the Lord Griffon have showed me is such that I have seldom seen before. I wish to serve them, and more so, the Creator. 

aa3pP.png

*a note is put on John's desk in his quarters.

"You have been accepted into the order as a Proletarian. Deus Magnus."

The note is not signed, but the crest of the Order of the Griffon can be seen on the bottom.

6SfrwRN.png?1?7449

MC Name:

Cruzazul8

Timezone

GMT +1, sometimes CST

Skype name(Required):

You got it

Do you use TS(required):

Somewhat. I don't have a mic at the moment unfortunately

Yeah, link

-IC-

Name

Marcel Guivret, formly known as Marcel Valois during my Privy Council days.

Twenty six.

Race

Human (Auvergnian)

Fighting skills:

I do know how to adeptly swing a sword, though I prefer other alternatives in my endeavors. If necessary I will look to improve on this skill, hopefully to some avail.

Non-Fighting skills:

Yes, though I would like to privately discuss that information with a recruiter as it is personal knowledge, per say.

Forever and always.

Of course.

I will not stray from my personal honor. I have upheld  a reputable image and wish to not tarnish it. I suppose it is up to the situation at hand.

I have not seen any groups faithfully summoned to uphold the creator's ideals since the days of the mighty White Rose and I wish to become part of something that has this idea held intact.

No, I suppose that'll be all.

MC Name:

Cruzazul8

Timezone

GMT +1, sometimes CST

Skype name(Required):

You got it

Do you use TS(required):

Somewhat. I don't have a mic at the moment unfortunately

Yeah, link

-IC-

Name

Marcel Guivret, formly known as Marcel Valois during my Privy Council days.

Twenty six.

Race

Human (Auvergnian)

Fighting skills:

I do know how to adeptly swing a sword, though I prefer other alternatives in my endeavors. If necessary I will look to improve on this skill, hopefully to some avail.

Non-Fighting skills:

Yes, though I would like to privately discuss that information with a recruiter as it is personal knowledge, per say.

Forever and always.

Of course.

I will not stray from my personal honor. I have upheld  a reputable image and wish to not tarnish it. I suppose it is up to the situation at hand.

I have not seen any groups faithfully summoned to uphold the creator's ideals since the days of the mighty White Rose and I wish to become part of something that has this idea held intact.

No, I suppose that'll be all.

A letter is sent back in reply.

Marcel Valois. Your house's name rings a tune in my ears I have not heard in a long time. Nevertheless, your devotion is appreciated, and you are hereby accepted as a Neophyte. You shall be contacted shortly.

The letter is not signed but a very distinctive crest of the Order of the Griffon can be seen on the bottom.

6SfrwRN.png?1?7449

Application 

-OOC-

MC Name: firestar25

Skype name(Required):

Do you use TS(required): I have it downloaded by I have never gone onto the LOTC server.

Do you have a VA? If so, for what evils: No.

-IC-

Name

Theobalt Rolnik

Race

Human

Fighting skills:

I have trained in swordsmanship since a young age. My father was a White Rose and taught me well.

Non-Fighting skills:

I was taught to write by my mother at a younger age.

Aye, I swear loyalty to Lord Griffon and Emperor Siegmund Carrion.

Absolutely!

Of course, one must always think before killing. Humans should not be killed without hesitation and should always be respected. Women and children should not be insulted or hated upon, either. If that applies.

I was asked by Lord Griffon to apply, and so, I am now applying. I require work and work under this Order seems delightful.

Nothing!

A letter of sorts arrives marked for the lord griffon himself

"Hello Lord Griffon. As you know the order has been absorbed by the church. So as a slight precaution, I must ask to on a date yet to be set have your men ready to be checked for heresy.

-Father Rellin "Rags" Yates."