Adobe Alloy. A New Material.

Garet867

Adobe Alloy  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Is this "Adobe Alloy" a good idea

• No. It breaks sever lore.
    • Seems cool. I'd like to see it ingame
    • It needs some work. But could have potential on the future.

I have thought of a material that could be used in many ways. In a way it is an alloy, of non metals. You see if I got an experienced mage, to break stone, clay, dirt,  cloth, and wood into bits smaller than grains of sand, possibly on a molecular level, And then combine them, it would create a dry brittle substance that would be cheap to make once harnessed correctly.

This material could also be created in some sort of compression chamber. Forcing the molecules to form together.

For now lets just call the material Adobe.

Water might weigh down some of the components of the materials, making it expand or contort as well as possibly loosening the bonds between the elements.

Adobe is both brittle and slightly malleable. it can be bent to a small extent but once put past its breaking point, the part will snap in half. Similar to a baby carrot. It is very difficult to fracture a baby carrot without snapping it in half. Most weapons could easily penetrate the Alloy. Adobe is not suited for combat.

Another downside of Adobe is that if damaged, parts cannot be easily mended and are better off being scrapped to make new parts.

If not fused correctly, Adobe will crumble like sand.

It would weigh whatever its original elements did.

It would look something like  this 220px-Sandstone%28quartz%29USGOV.jpg

This is an image of a sedimentary/metamorphic rock. Imagine the different colors of this rock were actually different materials, such as wood, Cloth, stone, clay, dirt.

It would feel very similar to the biodegradable flower pots you may have seen IRL

biodegradable-flower-pot.jpg

Only that it would be much thicker and quite a bit stronger.

You could  have golems be created with it. Or possibly have it be a new, lightweight ammo for Catapults. It just seems like a way you can make something stable, that doesn’t have to be Metal, stone, or wood.

Sturdy like stone. Light weight like wood. and cheaper than metal.

I have a been thinking of a few names but have not decided. I will not pursue any further if the community is not interested.

I’d like any input you guys have on this. Constructive criticism is welcome. Feel free to say its a dumb idea, or that It needs to be reimagined in any way.

This needs to be re-imagined in a way that's totally less awesome.

+1~!!

I like the idea, perhaps this could be used to replace stone tools.

Just it being more interesting than stone, is reason enough for me.

I mean if diamonds get to be called Carbarum? Why not stone Adobe, and give it new properties while you're at it!

Sure! But I like the idea, it needs tweaking in what it's state is.

"Sturdy like stone"

"Adobe is both brittle"

Not sure if my definitions are up to date but I think those two sorta contradict each other.

+1

Only if it doesn't break as easily, as its flash counterpart.

adobe-flash-150x150.jpg

Only if it doesn't break as easily, as its flash counterpart.

adobe-flash-150x150.jpg

:ohplz:

Yeah i'd change the name. It's going to be hard to take it seriously no matter how good the lore is. It'd be like calling a Graven 'Fluffy Kitten Overlord'.

Debatable, given that a block of ore has to be mined to release the ore, melted and then shaped. Diamonds have to be combined into a 9 to make a block, so does redstone.

You can combine 81 nuggets to make a block of gold.

Sorry for any misconception. But Adobe bricks are a material created by indigenous peoples of the Americas in California. The brick itself consisted of clay, sand, and plant fibers. A similar concept to what I was suggesting. I have no idea why they named the computer application after this Eco-friendly brick. I had assumed most people had already heard of it but then I remembered that not all human beings grew up in southern California. ( Brain fart )

OMG KALENZ

*Lago crashes and reboots*

Being unplaceable, ingots fill no space.

They fill up space in a chest, with 64 taking up one slot out of a possible 27. Ergo an ingot takes up the space of 1/1728 of a chest, or rather, 1/1728 of a cubic meter or less considering that the chest itself takes up some of this space.

Edit: Then again, iron ore blocks can stack up at 64 in a chest so they are also 1/1728 of a cubic meter in size... which is impossible since they are 1 cubic meter in the gameworld. Unless, that is, that the standard size for a voxel in the MC world is actually 1/1728 of a cubic meter. Then it'd make sense...?

You also have fence posts, which take up something like 1/9 of a block. Furthermore, theoretically, you could frame an ingot to place it. Just... Theoretically.

This is not a debate about Minecraft mechanics. Pretend that we weren't using Minecraft and that having tiny bits of stuff was actually possible in the game, like it might be in RP or in real life. Your input of Minecraft logic was interesting, but unnecessary for this situation.

If connected many small pieces together is not plausible in RP then I understand and would want this post moved into the "denied" section. If no-one is interested then this idea can be tossed. If making this new material ICly is possible, I would want someone to invent it RPly.

I was originally going to make a post about plastic, but I decided that changing the molecular formation of oil was too complex for our time period. I thought this spam/bologna/wine cork/sedimentary rock material would be an OK replacement.

They fill up space in a chest, with 64 taking up one slot out of a possible 27. Ergo an ingot takes up the space of 1/1728 of a chest, or rather, 1/1728 of a cubic meter or less considering that the chest itself takes up some of this space.

Edit: Then again, iron ore blocks can stack up at 64 in a chest so they are also 1/1728 of a cubic meter in size... which is impossible since they are 1 cubic meter in the gameworld. Unless, that is, that the standard size for a voxel in the MC world is actually 1/1728 of a cubic meter. Then it'd make sense...?

Hammerspace.