[Idea] Achan-Chatla

Tentoa

King_in_Yellow_CM_II_by_verreaux.jpg
Achan-Chatla: the Faceless Poet.

A creature that has been noted in history amongst poets and bards as ‘meddlesome and disturbing’ it’s beginnings can be traced back to the undead wars during a period of great abuse of arcane magic. Orders slung their spells, enchanted weapons and created wards without thought of consequence in their pursuit to fend off the threat that loomed over the world of Aegis. Though this came with a consequence of it’s own. The void was reactive to the continuous manipulation of it’s energies, though not sentient itself the mana that manipulated the energies therein so frequently took their toll and eventually in reaction something emerged from the void, born in a burst of harmful energy caused by a playwright practicing illusionary magic the beast found it’s way into our world. a sprawling mass of Ivory tentacles and eyes. Such a creature was unexpected by the playwright and rightfully horrified him, being no fighter the young man hid from the beast in a nearby broom closet, spying through the keyhole at the monster’s actions and silently praying to himself that it not find him. Instead this creature seemed to take a different interest, the playwrights harp it came as a surprise to the young human when the beast began to strum at it with one of it’s tendrils, seemingly entranced by the simple notes it managed to strum. Boldly the playwright emerged from his hiding place, making his way to the harp with slow footsteps as not to startle the creature, of course it was aware of his presence by this point, with the considerable number of eyes trained on him it was more than obvious that it knew of his presence but it didn’t react. As the young man took his seat the creature remained trained on him, it’s tendrils reeling back to avoid touching him. It was an amazing sight what happened next, The creature rose from the floor as the Playwright began to play for it; it took on an almost humanoid stance, staring down to him with simple enthusiasm as it floated in place. This would be the first time the playwright would have played for the creature, but not the last by far.

((A small amount of ooc questions I’m sure would be asked.))

What are the advantages does it have above your average character?
Well it floats, but not very high off the ground, it can go no high than three feet of the ground and if it does only in a short, two to three second burst, a bit like a jump. At normal it holds itself about six feet tall when floating and it’s limbs hover about a foot off the ground.

It can regrow any tentacle or eye that is damaged within a period of a month and a half. But if you hit the main mass of flesh where it’s mouth is located (about chest height) That’s where it’s vital organs are kept.

What are the disadvantages it suffers?
It cannot regrow vital organs so easily, and enough damage like any creature will kill it.

Physically it is extremely weak and cannot lift more than fifty-five pounds at a time lest it fall from it’s hover and will not be able to get up until the weight is released.

Like any creature, it feels pain and enough of that will cause it to black out or die, like any other creature.

From an RP standpoint, no one in their right mind would want to speak with this thing, even in it’s robes so it’d only be able to talk to the open minded or have to run from those who would slay it for being an abomination (likely quite a few people)
Can it learn magic?
Yes. But it’ll have no advantage over anyone else and will take as long to learn a subtype as anyone else would and suffer the same fatigue.

Can it fight?
It’s not formally trained to fight, nor could it ever be. No method of training a bipedal being could be used to train it, it never gains muscle mass either so it’ll never get any stronger. It could defend itself with a light weapon such as a blade, but it would be as an untrained peasant swinging a sword.

Does it eat?
Yes it does, though only a bit more than a human teenager daily. It is a carnivore and can only process cooked meat, lest it get sick.

Is it intelligent?
Extremely so, it spent the majority of it’s life in study and delights in the theatrical and musical arts. It has been versed in proper etiquette from it’s ‘parent’ (the playwright).

Is it innately violent?
Violent isn’t the word, it just lacks proper emotional processing like other races due to it’s  odd creation and cares little for life. It understands the concept of morality and is not easily disturbed but it knows that harming others is generally unacceptable especially if they could be considered friends.

What has it been doing?
It’s kept to itself and has been out of the public eye for the most part. It’s been withdrawn into study and with the recent death of it’s caretaker, Achan-chatla has been growing more bold and curious, going so far as to try and greet others and lull them into conversation, but with little success. Between it’s birth and now however, it has been cooped up in several homes with it’s mentor and has entertained itself through books of fiction, music and study.

Can it reproduce?
No. It has no gender.

Could there be more of them?
Yes, though that’d be up to the lore team whether or not another will surface and it’s origin.

What will you be doing with this character?
Likely wandering around, speaking to artists and scholars and the like. It’s a very social creature, but again it’s also a very disfigured creature and not many people would want to talk to it at all.

Would it be capable of romance?
I added this question so I could answer it myself. The answer is no, it’s a-romantic and lacks a gender so it also lacks the hormones needed to feel romantic affection. Also what weirdo would want to find love with a big lump of tentacles and eyes?

Feel free to post any further questions and I'll answer them.

Also what weirdo would want to find love with a big lump of tentacles and eyes?

Japanese? Hentai much?

jk

Anyways looks interestin

Wow girly. Das noice. You have my approval, atleast.

Looks very interesting, especially since it isn't combat oriented. +1

Unless anyone has any questions we're all set for review.

Does it eat?
Yes it does, though only a bit more than a human teenager daily. It is a carnivore and can only process cooked meat, lest it get sick.

So does it eat as much as a teenager.... oocly being a human teenager myself, I can eat A LOT in one day.. For example I have eaten the same amount of meat as 2 chickens in one sitting, and within 25 minutes I'm normally hungry again. 

Does it eat?

So does it eat as much as a teenager.... oocly being a human teenager myself, I can eat A LOT in one day.. For example I have eaten the same amount of meat as 2 chickens in one sitting, and within 25 minutes I'm normally hungry again. 

That was the point. It eats more than a fully grown human per day. When you're a teenager you tend to eat more because well, your growth is in full swing.

That was the point. It eats more than a fully grown human per day. When you're a teenager you tend to eat more because well, your growth is in full swing.

OH, I read the it though is ONLY eats a bit more than a teenager.. Making it sound to me that Teenagers don't eat a lot. thank you for clearing that up. I like it. I hope to see them around but not just causally everything chilling like a normal person, maybe it produces something that people want, that it can only give willingly. Since it is anti social this would allow players to get an rp party together and try to find and convince it to give that special thing up. (making it have to give it up willingly removes the fun of simply killing a non-offensive being, and gives a reward for people creatively role playing with it.)