The Mystics Of Yuan [Magic Lore]

BrandNewKitten

Tiny suggestion: (going off of what Art said)

Could possibly some of the more high ranking fellows blessed by Yuan get watery attributes...? Fishy-scales or fins - possibly sea-stuff colored hair...? 

Tiny suggestion: (going off of what Art said)

Could possibly some of the more high ranking fellows blessed by Yuan get watery attributes...? Fishy-scales or fins - possibly sea-stuff colored hair...? 

I don't think I want to see that necessarily mostly because the order is based on cleansing the body and for it to be physically effecting the body contradicts itself. 

I like it. It's something that would be different from typical clerical thingies, which all seem to be silent healing or brimstone and fire types. One thing though. You say an existing body of water. How then, does that work, with void water?

Just want an explanation for that. :P

Water from the void is an identical representation of non-void water. So when you draw water from the void it becomes an exisiting body of water until it is sent back. During it's time of existence it can be used in tandum with the mystic much like one might use fire and water evo to create smoke.

This is a pretty nice, thought out idea, and I think it's pretty nice, however, you may want to change one thing:

It is ambiguous but known that Yuan is a jealous Patron and will strip his power away from his follower should they attempt to commune with another Patron or attempt to tap into the void to use other magics. 

From what I know Patron/Aeugels or whatnot cannot take away power once they gave it. With the Druids, for example, we've had tons of arguments with the LM's over whether or not our Aspects can strip power away from those who turned evil or started using void magic, and the answer has always been no.

This is a pretty nice, thought out idea, and I think it's pretty nice, however, you may want to change one thing:

From what I know Patron/Aeugels or whatnot cannot take away power once they gave it. With the Druids, for example, we've had tons of arguments with the LM's over whether or not our Aspects can strip power away from those who turned evil or started using void magic, and the answer has always been no.

It works differently here then. Powers in the past can be taken away though. Not with a snap of the finger but by being cut off from the source by a leader or something, in this case the Naiad.

My concern are with how they actually apply this water to tainted beings. Could you detail that for me (As in how do they control the water if they aren't touching it. Can they still move enough to say throw a bottle of the water for example? Or does the fact that they are maintaining the prayer not even allow that.)

That said? As I see it this is a rather well done, diverse magic. I like that it stands to give the elves a shaman equivalent. Alongside this it seems compatible enough with the ability of druids and war clerics to purge blight. Alongside that, I do like that it stands to create temple roleplay, which we don't see often right now. It seems well balanced and as such it has my support. 

My concern are with how they actually apply this water to tainted beings. Could you detail that for me (As in how do they control the water if they aren't touching it. Can they still move enough to say throw a bottle of the water for example? Or does the fact that they are maintaining the prayer not even allow that.)

That said? As I see it this is a rather well done, diverse magic. I like that it stands to give the elves a shaman equivalent. Alongside this it seems compatible enough with the ability of druids and war clerics to purge blight. Alongside that, I do like that it stands to create temple roleplay, which we don't see often right now. It seems well balanced and as such it has my support. 

I assume it would be someone else who would move to throw the bottle. The mystic would be completely immobile except for possibly chanting his/her spell.

It was my intention that the more water the mystic blesses at a time the less they can move. So if they are blessing a body then they can still move around. Blessing a river for a baptism ceremony? They have little control over their body! However something I will clarify is that they have a very loose control over the blessed water akin to water evocation. With strain they can control the water but very loosely.

Like mystic blesses water.

The mystic chants, the water sways, swirling in a circle.

The blessed water splashes upward, small streams of water gliding momentarily through the air.

Oh, and another thing I might add, if you want, BNK... I asked Lago this a while ago.

Can someone evoke water using a deity's power, assuming they served him?

The answer was a yes. If you'd like, and if this lore were accepted (thus accepting Yuan as an Aengudaemon as well), then this could be made possible due to his being a patron of water. It would likely be possible and even easy to translate the void to deitical evocation, as it would only really differ in source, rather than method... But this is all up to you.

In fact, it could be done with any element, depending on the deity. Just a note for if anyone else would like to form lores similar to this.