The Mystics Of Yuan [Magic Lore]

BrandNewKitten

I believe it's an aengul-type entity. This is more a reskin of clerical than anything interfering with Shamanism.

I think there needs to be more clarification on what a water spirit actually is in this context, otherwise confusion with the water spirits of Shamanism is to be expected. 

I believe it's an aengul-type entity. This is more a reskin of clerical than anything interfering with Shamanism.

Water spirit isn't what Yuan is, only what he is referred to as sometimes. I assume if a LM can help me grind out whether or not this can be an aengul or an aspect I would appreciate it. Aspects are demi-aenguls and usually offer magic that is symbiotic to nature which is why I thought it would fit with this lore.

Can an aspect be a Patron in regards to this magic? Or does a Patron have to be an aengul? 

Which works o' great LMs?

-> Mystics think Yuan is a Patron but he is actually an Aspect

OR

-> Mystics think Yuan is a Patron and he is actually an Aengul

OR

-> Mystics think Yuan is an aspect and he is.

Based on my knowledge of aenguldaemons:

A Patron is a term that tends to be used for any Aengudaemonic creature (aenguls, daemons and everything in between) that hands out magical candy to its minions. That's why you get moral requirements on their magics: they don't give them to people who aren't either their followers or working towards their goals. A Patron isn't actually anything more than a name.

As for Aspects and Aenguls, they're two branches of the same tree. They're both what Out of Character are called Aengudaemons. Aenguls, Daemons, Aspects, in effect they're all different groups of the same thing. Call Yuan what you like, although if you call him an Aspect you might spark an IC conflict with the druids.

Based on my knowledge of aenguldaemons:

A Patron is a term that tends to be used for any Aengudaemonic creature (aenguls, daemons and everything in between) that hands out magical candy to its minions. That's why you get moral requirements on their magics: they don't give them to people who aren't either their followers or working towards their goals. A Patron isn't actually anything more than a name.

As for Aspects and Aenguls, they're two branches of the same tree. They're both what Out of Character are called Aengudaemons. Aenguls, Daemons, Aspects, in effect they're all different groups of the same thing. Call Yuan what you like, although if you call him an Aspect you might spark an IC conflict with the druids.

So what he actually is an Aengudaemon and can be labeled something ICly and it works to say he is an Aspect Patron who gives out magical candy to his minions?

I like this healing magic alternative. This is a good alternative. Unique, and while it's sharing the fundamental concepts of clerical magics, the methods in which it follows these concepts is its own. Well done, Kitten. I look forward to seeing this in game, if possible.

Pretty much. We're talking the difference between warrior and fighter here.

Awesome! So what are the protocols before I can start this up ICly?

Not sure, but I'll find out for you.

LT doesn't actually have the power to approve things by itself any more, nowadays it has advisory role rather than an "app team" one. In most cases we help players that come to us to adjust things so that they meet the mechanical standard rules and thus don't need approval in the first place. Given magic doesn't have a mechanical standard (there's no magic plugin) I can't exactly do that.

Loving this- and as for a unique abilities, I feel it has so many uses already if you've got a creative mind. I would love to see this used in game.

If you can't use magic or be evil, I don't see a point. This is just clerical order or priest healing. If this healing magic becomes alternative to those who can't join the clerical order such as arcane mages and neutral beings, then I would have supported.

If you can't use magic or be evil, I don't see a point. This is just clerical order or priest healing. If this healing magic becomes alternative to those who can't join the clerical order such as arcane mages and neutral beings, then I would have supported.

Great I respect your opinion but I also purposefully don't want evil people in the order or ones with other magic.

No person should be evil and be receiving blessings from a Patron and magic should come from one source, deity or void. At least for this magic. It's very specific RP that I am going for and it's only natural that it won't appeal to all. It also doesn't have to.