Clarification On Lore Approval And Lore Master Shopping

The Lore Team has many times discovered that players, when seeking approval for a piece of lore, shall 'shop' lore masters. A player shall present the lore to one LM, and if it is denied then send it to another LM in hopes of a different result.

We are more than aware of when people attempt this. Due to the numeracy and persistence of people attempting this, we have resolved to clarify that no single lore master can give approval for a piece of lore independently. Only a discussion and vote amongst the members of the LT shall affirm approval. That is to say: all instances of the phrase "Lore Master Approval" in this thread should read "Lore Team Approval". For example, if you do not know if your lore violates the mechanical standard, you should contact the entire lore team rather than a single lore master.

If, by chance, you are a player which has shopped lore masters before and somehow gotten away with it, you are advised to seek approval from the Lore Team as a whole. This is not so much a matter of doing the right thing as it is doing the smart thing. Depending on when you were successful, it is likely that the lore master you squeezed approval from is no longer part of the team and so there is no one to vouch for you. Or, if the lore master in question is still part of the team, it is possible that he may not remember having accepted it, since it was never put down in writing.

If you think there is only one person on the lore team who can vouch that they accepted your lore, you are vulnerable to both of those scenarios above.

Hmmm, I can see this working, but this wouldn't be the issue if the LM was more tolerant to community lore. To get certain lore accepted for the enjoyment of a particular community.. well.. that doesnt really happen with the current lore base.

Didn't the LT always group vote on things anyway?

This is essentially to stop people saying "oh an LM approved it" giving the name of a retired LM or more often no LM at all. It's analogous to when someone says "a GM said I can do this" or "a GM said I could do that," which I'm sure most people have encountered.

Hmmm, I can see this working, but this wouldn't be the issue if the LM was more tolerant to community lore. To get certain lore accepted for the enjoyment of a particular community.. well.. that doesnt really happen with the current lore base.

Not sure I follow. Are you referring to lore that's restricted to a small group for their personal enjoyment or am I misunderstanding?

How do I send something to the entire LT?

I believe the best way would be to create a forum pm with a few LM's in the conversation, this way you will have all LM's reading what you have to talk about.

More easily would be talking with one LM and then he would talk with the LT about it.

But in this post it says tha is not allowed and that I have to ask the whole team...

No, it says you need Lore Team aproval, but you can talk with one Lore Master to talk to the whole team. What the thread says is "You can not have a Lore Master's aproval, it has to be of the team," but you can talk to one LM for him to talk with the Team. You just can't talk to one receive a "no" and then go talk to another, that would be shopping.

Will all lore, including animal lore, require LM team approval, to avoid any animals that break mechanical standard?

Will all lore, including animal lore, require LM team approval, to avoid any animals that break mechanical standard?

Animals that follow mech standard don't need Lore Team approval, thought you may speak to them to check if it follows it.

I assume you don't mean players playing animals, that needs approval.