[Et Monster] Kreephas

Kitten

kreepha_by_laiastar-d7ijb2b.png

A squelching sound came from the water, as though something was being

crushed.  The lake of the slimes slowly turned green with time, a soft squealing emanating from the water.  Within hours the slimes that managed to get to the rim of the water jumped onto shore, bouncing away in panic.  

The waters churned slightly, a deep sloshing noise could be heard by and nearby folk, for something evil was in the deep.  Something hateful, something dangerous.  

The waters suddenly became completely still, a foul, diseased smell emanated from the water, before something below the surface moved.

At first what appeared to be seaweed or algae floated to the surface, moving towards the shore, however soon a green mass lifted its large body outside of the water, the soft sound of hoofs on shore could be heard along with a soft snort.

A large green horse stood there, regal as could be, its lips a bit longer than they should be.  It breathed softly, inhaling the air as the wind piped up, beginning to dry the beast.

After a while, when it was dry, the creature moved deeper inland, its ears perking at the noise of humans, however one thing was for sure, nothing like this had ever been seen before, yet it wasn’t the only of its kind.  Not in the least, for back in the depths there stirred a larger figure, red eyes surface to watch its child go, and soon, it would return to the depths from which it came.

Origins

They are a variation of horse, that has been around for centuries.  How they were created its unknown, however no known source of documentation was left as no one had run into them before.  Only whispers of horses that ate people had been heard.  Never believed.

What can be verified is that they work like bees, without a hive mind.  Only the ability to communicate much like standard creatures.  With whinnies, nickering, and other horse noises.  This is usually carries through the water as they spend the majority of their life under the water.

Appearance

A sickly green color, these beasts are covered in fur like a normal horse with long green manes.  Each Kreepha has red eyes besides a Matriarch which has blue.  The eyes all have slits

A Kreepha has one innate ability known to all of its kind, as soon as it is able to leave the water in which they call home.  To ooze a slime out of their skin that will keep any victim attached to it.  As well as they are born with the ability to breath under water.

A Matriarch is the size of a Shire horse, whereas the males are the size of Arabians, quite a size difference there.

Each has a set of razor teeth to rip through flesh, or slimes be they stupid enough to enter the water that a herd lives in.

Habitat

Simple, a body of water that is extremely deep.  They prefer to be far out of sight.  If you see a dark pool that you know you can’t see the bottom of, bet theres a herd down there.

Habits

The Kreephas tend to make up small herds, 3-4 males with a single female.  The matriarch, is the one that sends the males out to gather food, a few humans usually sufices for the herd to eat.  As they do graze on kelp and eat other creatures below the water.  However human flesh, that's a treat.

A Kreepha will exit the water, going over to land to search for a human, where it will try to entice an unwary rider onto its back before running to the water and drowning its victim before returning to the herd.

The Matriarch will only leave if she is the last one, however without her, any babies she has will end up dying due to starvation as they are mammals.

How to kill it

This is easy, kill it with an arrow, a sword, its just like a horse, but if you're alone and stuck to it, best to kill it when it enters shallow water.

How to get out of the ooze?

Simple, a 10 minute soak in water will get rid of it!

Can you tame it

It would kill you, or trap you.  Humans are nothing to them, besides food.  So no.

It is based off of one yes, but I thought why not make an event that suits this map, the dwarf area has tons of slimes, so I believed this would fit.

This just seems like another one of those things that would be roleplayed once or twice, then just forgotten about and left to clog up LoTC's already overflowing lore folder. I haven't read it fully so I can't say whether or not its a bad idea, but any of these ideas at the moment is sour for me.

Maybe successfully killing one gives something special?

Something more RP oriented at least. I'm sure it could work then on a request basis mostly or something with some events here and there.

This just seems like another one of those things that would be roleplayed once or twice, then just forgotten about and left to clog up LoTC's already overflowing lore folder. I haven't read it fully so I can't say whether or not its a bad idea, but any of these ideas at the moment is sour for me.

A mix of this^

And the fact that its a glorified Kelpie.

Ah, just like one of the Bäckahäst, sure I'd love to see this. Would love to play a green brook horse x3

Kreephas

Kreep-has

Creep-has

Creep-ahs

Creepahs

Creepers.

do the horsies explode too

On a more serious note, it's essentially "glorified kelpies", yes. I suppose it works for ET, but when you write up lore there's generally no need to say "ET monster". In general, it's an ehhh for me as we already have a lot of unused monster lore, but only time will tell if an actor picks it up for use.

It doesn't really matter how much as you bash me or my lore.  I made this at 3-4am.  

It is based off a kelpie, but alot of lore is based off of other things.  

I think that this would be a bit of a fun Event if someone where to take this up because I mean its not like it can really hurt anyone ((besides the fact it tries to kill you)) but I mean it wouldn't be that hard to do even, Disguise As a Zombie horse and rp it and it can be just a little pop up event near the dwarfs. I mean seriously if I can run into the The Animal god of Sheep transactions I am pretty sure we can have this.