[Lore] Aengul Of Clairvoyance

Booklight12

Omniguul the Aengul of Clairvoyance

86787-zelda-flying-whale.png

Reasoning: The idea was brought up generally as a fun and exciting to learn lore through Roleplay, instead of asking an LM or a friend OOCly you could stumble upon this place and get a lot of RP from learning the lore or history of something ICly. Aswell, as a possible tool for newer players if they wish to learn lore and the history of the server in an interesting and all IC manner.

What it is-

Omniguul is a lesser Aengul with little powers or abilities. Currently he has no followers nor people who know of him. His main goals are to guide the mortals on our plane, and to share information or answers to the people who may stumble upon his presence. This is all in the motive of entertainment and finding more information by speaking to the mortals of the realm who are all different in their own way. As well, in hopes to perhaps find new things and learn of people who may interest him. And is completely neutral and tends not to meddle in affairs with what people consider Good and Bad, or Pure, and Corrupt. Instead much like the monks and their patrons he considers all equal no matter if they are crazed murderers or kindhearted who help all they come by.

Omniguul all around is a strange Aengul though very wise and knowledgeable upon many topics of history sciences and magics around. Though he does not know all. He knows more than most mortals can even fathom and in great detail as well. With his knowledge he has gathered throughout the years though he can easily fall into boredom through many things, but once one idea or person catches his attention he tends to be very excited about it and easily made to laugh proving himself to be a rather joyful Aengul who gets into contact with mortals more than most even dare. Though most Aenguls show themselves to mortals as one being he commonly portrays himself as two. One being a large floating  blue whale that shimmers and has two grand wings made of white feathers portruding from both sides of his body. He aswell shows himself a White Owl with white wings and what appears to have a blue flamelike aura flaring out of the ends of his wings.

Due to his active amounts of contact with mortals he is a lesser and not very powerful of Aenguls. Omniguul tends not to directly go into the mortal plane though from constant use of his powers that transfer over to their realm he has weakened to make him not nearly as powerful as the others such as Tahariae, Aeriel or Estheal (I think that is a aengul). He tends not to use much powers but rather uses his voice and project it down to the mortals he makes contact with, and incorporates vivid dreamlike images to further explain or guide the souls he assists. Though this is truly his main power it is very strong and much more vivid and real than any mortal can grasp in illusionary abilities to which prolonged exposure from a mortal may cause stress to ones own mind. Besides that there is not much known about Omniguuls abilities as he rarely shows to other beings as he sees them only needed out of necessity rather than for common use.

Why it does it-

The reason why this ancient being of Wisdom and Learning even fathoms sharing the vast wealth of knowledge it contains falls down to one thing only. Boredom. Knowing limitless information as it comes and goes grows dull for the Aengul of Clairvoyance, causing it to seek out newer, more eye-opening methods of learning such as acting through the Descendant Races. By passing on the skills and plethora of discoveries to the ever changing and adapting Races, it gives the Aengul a intriguing spectacle that never ceases to keep his overflowing mind occupied while adding to his knowledge by the strange uses the Races put the materials to. Being one of the Aenguls limits it’s interactions with the ones that walk the earth, being able to only visit them through the use of trance-like visions, along with entering their dreams and delivering a message. As time passed slowly for the Clairvoyance Aengul, each decade his thirst to drive the mortals down a path of Research and Enlightenment began to grow, taking unnatural interest in the work of  those who are unique and aid in the balance of the world, though only watches without interference.

How does it do it-

The Aengul of Clairvoyance can be contacted in a few ways

some of which are tedious and may be a difficult process for the unprepared. The first way Omniguul may be contact is by ritual. It does require prior contact from the Aengul to begin with though once it finds you interesting or you gain its trust it will tell you.  This can be performed by sitting in a comfortable location be it a forest, your household floor, or a common place the user visits or meditates. The next step is to draw a circle around yourself and sit inside of it, this circle will be your own personal space, and anything that happens in that space stays with you. Inside this circle you must clear your mind and state a secret be it a juicy secret, a personal one, or a dark one that no one besides you may know, it scales depending on what your question is or what you need guidance on the better the secret the more likely he will take an interest in you and appear. The next thing you do as you meditate in this circle is you must only keep your mind on the question repeating it over and over again inside your head until there is a noticeable click inside your head like a switch, you will know when this happens. This ritual can take minutes or may have to be done over a few days. Though eventually Omniguul will most likely come to you to assist you normally in a dreamlike state of mind or in a vision. Though it may reveal itself to you in but a voice as you meditate as well. This knowledge though is only given to you by the aengul if you were to meet them prior and they granted you the knowledge as to how to contact them without being in one of their temples or contacted by them directly.

The next way to contact this aengul is by as previously stated wandering stumbling inside its temple. The temple appears to only those who seek knowledge, and or are in need of guidance towards something, these folk are normally travellers or those lost in life. Once inside you will be faced with strange runic patterns that glow on the inside some appear as waves others clouds and other sigils, these are the aenguls source of knowledge in which it stores its image and essence inside to tell when someone has entered the temple. After called upon

the aengul will appear to you once more similarly to the dream like state as if you were to perform a ritual. The images given and the answers to the questions are perceived different with each individual person, while one may see themselves floating on clouds in the sky, another may see themselves standing atop the ocean as waves ripple past them. Yet each

image will most likely have a large blue whale with colossal white wings set at its sides and hovering somewhere as that is the form it enjoys to take when showing itself to mortals.

bey5b6.jpg

I would like to thank

Nalatac_Aicneta- For helping write up the post

Mrjoshy- For helping me come up with the idea

Wardog4445- For helping come up with additional ideas upon it

According to the wiki Eshtael is the Aengul of Destiny, but since you already mentioned him/her and the wiki is of questionable canonicity its of no worry.

This is really cool actually. I want to ask, though, what is the Aengul's RP practicality? Will ET members do this, or will players call upon it for clairvoyance? Will people do this ritual to find out information that otherwise could be metagamed? Does the aengul only share practical knowledge, like assistance with alchemical things and magic? What things does it share?

All you need is to draw some lines and illustrate some specific ideas for the practical implementation of this aengul. Once this is done, I'd like to see this implemented.

Also- very appropriate music choice :3

-sniperoo-

Well, as stated in the OP generally it would regard history and other forms of knowledge that one could gain OOCly and are allowed to RPly know. Aswell, as stories and whatnot. It's knowledge though is limited to a plethora of things as that is its main purpose in wanting to learn more things, stories information, buildings. Anything it doesn't already know which is actually a lot. The things it doesn't know are things that could be considered metagaming. It wouldn't know your name, or character infromation about others unless of course it was told by the people. But thanks for the feedback :P I will try to write more about that not the best writer so it's a bit hard to get many details in writing.

-Snip-

I would appreciate it if you had bullet points of these things specifically. Outlining the most important things in bullet points is a good tactic for posts like these.

Also, how is this going to look IG? Is it player run or ET run?

I would appreciate it if you had bullet points of these things specifically. Outlining the most important things in bullet points is a good tactic for posts like these.

Also, how is this going to look IG? Is it player run or ET run?

I'll add bullet points soon. Though as for who will play it. The answer is I truly do not know myself and it would have to be up to Admins or GM's to decide as I do not have power over it. Though I envisioned either LT's since they themselves would probably be the most effective since they know the lore and history and whatnot. Or it may be GM's. But for a definite answer I am simply unsure.

According to the wiki

Immediate error in reasoning. People keep putting that list back up no matter how much we take it down. It also perpetuates this "Aengul of" stuff. Aenguls are not greek gods and don't have to be "of" anything.

The wiki always lies.

Wiki make me cry ;(

Yeah, I plus one this. +1 Well written, fanatic, and interesting. 

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Terribly sorry it took so long... it's been voted for a while now, but seems I missed it while denying/accepting (sometimes happens due to the amount of lores there are). Either way, the lore team at the moment of the voting agreed that the roleplay oportunities did not go above the problems it might bring. Sorry.