(Proposal) Switch To An Old Map - Solutions For The Fringe Til 4.0.

calculusdesola

Fringe preference  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the fringe?

• Yeah, it suits everybody's preference.
    • Yeah, but we could do better.
    • Kind of, but we could do better.
    • Nope, but we could do better.
    • Other (will state in reply).
  2. 2. Any of the following solutions sound interesting to you?

• Switch to Anthos til 4.0.
    • Switch to Asulon til 4.0.
    • Switch to Aegis til 4.0.
    • Other.
  3. 3. Does the high seas ships idea suggested by Senda sound good to you? (http://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/112835-proposal-switch-to-an-old-map-solutions-for-the-fringe-til-40/page-2#entry1069344)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Other.

I think the boat idea would be pretty darn cool. Add a few islands in the map, a bit like the Verge one. (Or make one big island similar to the Howling Fjords of Northrend with cities made of boats caught between cliffs, something like that. I fkn love the design of the Fjords.)

Or just use an MC generated map with large biomes.

You play WoW? Nerddddd

If a map is too good, we might not take 4.0 ;)

Dunno if Aegis would be possible as I think it got wrecked but the RP of one of my characters being seeing it and going: "So this is what Aegis was." Or perhaps my first character returning with a look of: "Mother of God." Would be fun. 

I like the boats the most though. It's better than the typical event that takes us to a new land in the space of several hours.

I like the boat idea, but I also like Elysium/Kalos.      ... but I also like the idea of a MC gen'd map.....

:idk: 

I like the idea of we have waited this long and it is now very close.

So... sure. Do the boat thing. That will get old after a couple days though. Maybe we have stop at an island for some fresh water and to stock up on beef jerky.

I'm all for something new, especially that boat idea! Just want to bring up an OOC side to this as well, perhaps as a community we could all hype the heck out of LotC while we wait. If we're able to drag in a heck of a lot of new players for 4.0, more people' be able to enjoy the new map and perhaps bring some new tastes to the server.

It can offer a chance for more bonding between the community (which we all need, obviously) and can overall grow our numbers. A server wide advertising spree; YouTube videos, Planet Minecraft, Minecraft Forums, get LotC back up in the ranks of Minestatus... Might be cool.

We used to have voting contests and goals to advertise all the time back in the day, maybe we can start it up again! Anyone up for it?

If anything, Elysium and Kalos seem to be the most reasonable choices. Anthos, maybe. The boat idea is really fun, but lord do I remember the transition from Aegis to the next map, and the boats were littered with trolls and killing for no particular reason. And for the love of all that is Krug, please, please do not bring back Aegis. Aegis was great but the map is ugly and small, plus the little fact that it's almost impossible for it to be re-inhabited. 

I'm AAAALLLL for Elysium. Maybe a stop back, or a back in time thing, like that one post Asulon map?

To everyone saying we should revisit places. All I can say is nostalgia is great and all but it is incredibly fleeting. After a day or two, maybe as short as a few hours, the RP will revert back to being stale and unimportant. Moving forward is the correct move.

New maps solve nothing related to roleplay.

A map is just a bunch of pixels and land that hopefully looks pretty.

Switching to a new land, or even an old one, will do nothing to improve roleplay or stop the pvp-faction-esque atmosphere. There will be a brief period, at most a week, of exploration roleplay, before things return to the way things are now.

You want less stale roleplay? Work with the Fringe. I'd prefer less staff resources be put into another temp map. How about we just have the zombie rise in the Fringe? FLood the roads with undead. Have ET raiding cities with zombies and destroying homes and generally destroying our civilizations. That'll get people jiving and running about and creating roleplay, even if it is just expeditions to slay the hordes, no?

We need a new conflict. I didn't even realize there was a drought until I looked at this thread, and unfortunately, that only affects farmers and their profit. Everybody has enough food stockpiled to survive a nuclear apocalypse.

The Fringe was awesome for two weeks. But after months of being on it, it's overbuilded and well, just another Minecraft Building Map.

If 4.0 takes longer than expected, another map could be refreshing for the players. Minecraft generated or old maps. But it only helps at "refresh" the mind of a player, in terms of roleplay it's not actually helping.

Since the fringe is currently "dieing" or something, we could make the best out of it or what ever comes into our minds of creativity abundance.

I would really love to return to Elysium, it was such a fun place to be. Plus there was so much RP at that time it was great. Also the ship idea sounds pretty cool for a short term idea. Honestly the Fringe is sooooooo boring that a just stand around hoping someone will start RP, and when there is a RP it is bad sadly, but I think switching do a better place where people can interact more would be great until 4.0.

If anything, Elysium and Kalos seem to be the most reasonable choices. Anthos, maybe. The boat idea is really fun, but lord do I remember the transition from Aegis to the next map, and the boats were littered with trolls and killing for no particular reason. And for the love of all that is Krug, please, please do not bring back Aegis. Aegis was great but the map is ugly and small, plus the little fact that it's almost impossible for it to be re-inhabited. 

Not if you had your own ship and crew ;D