[Mercs] Company 2-11

A few posters can be found outside the cloud temple, the parchment nailed neatly into whichever post it resides on. If you chose to read:

The Lusty Lion is currently looking for some workers to help with farming and cooking and cleaning! If you're a hard worker looking for a place to live with food on the table every night, stop by. Our location is in Hanseti ((PM LoTC_Celia or Dokahn for coords/guidance)).

A crudely drawn map is on the paper.

All 2-11 members need to report to the Lusty Lion as well if you have not already.

The paper is signed with a fancy 'W'

W

-Head Servant

((Minecraft name:  ski_king3))

Name: Garion
Race: Human

Soldier or Servant: Soldier

Why ye want tah join 2-11? Another group to practice smithing for

Are ye worth more den spit? A little

*A note has been left on the notice board, *

"To everyone of this find company, I take great pain in leaving this message to you all. I feel as though it is my time to leave this company. I understand I was just a simple whelp, and that you, my superiors, wouldn't care if I left, since I am just an extra mouth to feed and more competition for pay. The work I have put into this company was that out of great love for what it held as an ideal. 

Money

Women

Fighting

It stood for my ideals as well, which is why I say this parting does hurt. The reason why I am leaving you all, the wonderful company you are, is simply due to my own selfish reasons. I do not care if Captain Lion bosses me around and hits me if I make a mistake, I have been through worse with my previous head of command. It is also not because how both captains forget my name, this was normal for me as well, and I can fully understand that. I am leaving simply for two reasons. 

1. I am leaving because of how I am not being properly payed due to all of my hard work. I have put months into building this base for you all, and I do not receive pay or even a promotion. Even though it was for the company, I pulled pretty much all of the weight in organization and infrastructure, which is a due sign of pay or promotion. I do not care if the only way to achieve more ranks is by completing contracts, no. Without me building and organizing, the work you all would have to put into this would have been longer and most of the things we have today would not have been completed by now, such as the vault. In my old line of work, once you do something that largely benefited the crew, you were promoted on the spot, though it was rare.

2. This reason is not so big, though it did add the fuel to my fire. I have grown bored of being underground and not being as social as I usually am. My talk with you captains, have always been about building this and building that. The other true residents of the area, the Sariants, are also strange. Every time I tried to converse with them over supplies and possible ideas, I am easily ignored. I do not know if all of the Sariants speak some sort of other language and don't understand my own. I know I may seem a bit smarter than a normal pirate, being somewhat more literate than the rest, along with knowing more big words, but I have taken the task to learn all of this for my employers, so I am made a valuable asset. I have tried my best in speaking as best as I could to try and get people's attention, even taking upon my actual role of a whelp to undermine myself towards the Sariants, but alas, that did not work one bit. Why we decided to go along with the Sariants is obviously not my place, but I still question whether if we should have just tried Alras or the elven nation. I am sure with enough talk, we would have made some form of headway, and at least they talk! My life has always been full of social interaction, being an ex-pirate and all, but I usually do not leave the crews I join once I sign on. I am either let go, or as the current situation is, not properly attended to as an individual worker.

By the time you have all read this letter, I have probably already made it to Alras. Though, as I am writing this, I have finished the vault, but there appeared to be a fungal infection in the storage room. I do not know if it was due to all of the wood and stone we have collected, but it is not my problem any longer.

I bid you all a farewell, and hope for good fortune for you all. I head to Alras now, in search of a job that will fit more to my specializations, which is obviously sailing. Hopefully things go well for me."

~Signed,

Galaeron Durothil

[it was very nice RP'ing with you all for that time, and I can truly say you are some very nice people. I just felt that I should go because I wasn't having much fun, even though I do understand the circumstances involved with everything. I love all of you and the time you have given me, and it was great seeing familiar faces. Again, I love you all, and I am sorry for any inconveniences I may have given at the time.]

((Minecraft IGN: LightTwig  ))

Name Fancy

Race Human as can be.

Age 24 years young

Soldier or Servant

Why do you want to join 2-11? Living short on coin is no way to live, or so I've found out these past few years. I'm looking for companions, friends who'll look after me in return for my own contributions. 

What do you believe is your worth to the company? I might not be the biggest guy nor the quickest swordsman, but I got a heart that won't quit and I'm naturally a bard by trade. Give me a lute, drum, or pipe and I'll have your ranks either marching in line to the beat of battle, or relaxing post-conflict with a flagon of ale in either hand. I'm no slouch, when it comes to committing to something, Fancy gets it done. 

(( The letter is signed in red ink, with the 'y' of Fancy trailing off into a little star ))

((Minecraft name:  ski_king3))

Name: Garion

Race: Human

Soldier or Servant: Soldier

Why ye want tah join 2-11? Another group to practice smithing for

Are ye worth more den spit? A little

((Minecraft IGN: LightTwig  ))

Name Fancy

Race Human as can be.

Age 24 years young

Soldier or Servant

Why do you want to join 2-11? Living short on coin is no way to live, or so I've found out these past few years. I'm looking for companions, friends who'll look after me in return for my own contributions. 

What do you believe is your worth to the company? I might not be the biggest guy nor the quickest swordsman, but I got a heart that won't quit and I'm naturally a bard by trade. Give me a lute, drum, or pipe and I'll have your ranks either marching in line to the beat of battle, or relaxing post-conflict with a flagon of ale in either hand. I'm no slouch, when it comes to committing to something, Fancy gets it done. 

(( The letter is signed in red ink, with the 'y' of Fancy trailing off into a little star ))

Jon sits at his desk, a bottle of vintage scotch and a glass cup accompanying him. He sits idly, sifting through a pile of applications. 

Taking Fancy and Garion's, he has them stamped for approval. Jon calls for Winston, his loud voice resonating through the lower halls of The Lusty Lion. He hands the applications of Garion and Fancy over to the young wood elf servant, for them to be filed.  

He makes no effort to write a letter to them, seeing as they have already checked into Company 2-11 in person. He belches loudly, looking to Winston as if to say "Please, have some manners!", before he pushes his chair back, moving to his bed to get some slumber and to be filled with dreams encompassing pretty elven lasses. 

A letter is left at the mercenaries' headquarters, a gold-and-blue wax signet sealing the note shut. It contains the application of Ulla Starbreaker.

((Minecraft name: Ever))

Name: Ulla Starbreaker
Race: Cave Dwarf
Soldier or Servant: Servant, specifically barmaid.

Why ye want tah join 2-11?: To see the world & its people, and to hopefully make some coin on the side.

Are ye worth more den spit? Worth my weight in kegs of the finest ale you'll ever drink

Sandor Leone writes in his journal,

Across the river deep sweet singing rings through the crisp air. The rich pinging of manual labor sparks the sky all through the night. Bone, muscle and blood wielding battered tools of stone and oak. The workers slave through the day felling trees, stripping them, and turning them into processed wood for construction. When one job ends it's on to the next. The mining team arrives after a blast of the horn. The engineers outfit them in their load-out. One DeNurem Inc. Utility Pick, two weeks of perishable food on top of four years of mushrooms sealed and frozen by a DeNurem Inc. Deep Freeze Chamber, one TAC mask with assorted luxuries, and a plethora of the latest magically-engineered tech coming out of Zone 6. The miners march after given the go ahead. Set out for the unknown darkness. They creep through the early morning mist to their deep and terrible mine wedged in between a mountain and hard place. Inside, they station caged canaries on hooks in the event of disaster. They return to base camp weeks, months. . . years later and turn in their chips. Their bid is up and they cash-in.

Meanwhile, the interior of that ugly and out of place wall that stands first impression of the north begins to bustle. That was a mouthful, har! Anyways, the workers begin to fasten the planks with strong Hansetian steel pieces for various purposes. All in preparation for the main event. We need all the men we can get to hold the tide. Mikhael save us.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.