[Magic Lore & Language] Quasi Magic, The Magic Of The Stars

WearsomeKarma

I feel like "magic of the stars" should have more uses. Stars are things that (at least should be) are of great importance and significance, as it was always like that in medieval times. Perhaps some kind of power beyond just talking to people. Star magic seems a little like a type of holy magic, so perhaps it could be a healing force of some kind? idk.

I say, keep this as it is, Demotheus, we don't need more people acting as they are special snowflakes going around with star powers and all that special snowflak-i-ness.

I say, keep this as it is, Demotheus, we don't need more people acting as they are special snowflakes going around with star powers and all that special snowflak-i-ness.

Than why bother making an entire realm and **** with this? It seems a large waste. Just use the void. The capability is there. Take that one aspect from mental magic/illusion that allows you to affect minds by finding them in the void, and amplify it across a large distance. Idk.

And don't you think being a squid is a special snowflakiness thing? I think it is. People need to calm down with this hatred towards people who want to be special. 

As I recall in your old post with the dragonkin, you yourself said something about shades and how they were special snowflake and how you were making a point... I am also just making a point :p.

Also, what I mean was that this is fine as it is, it seems very creative and well thought out, making another healing magic seems just to demotheus ( get it, it's supposed to be "demote" but I changed it to Demotheus, hahaha) the originality in the magic itself. Also, this is rather nice and would probably do nothing bad and just get more RP.

My opinion is brief. There is too much going on. The idea getting bigger and bigger only means that the audience it receives grows smaller and smaller. Cognitism is a cool magic, but it doesn't add anything to RP because it is all inside the caster's head. This seems to come into a very similar position. The roleplay is enjoyable only to those who are doing it (based on the complexities of the magic will likely be 3) and other than that it achieves things that can already be achieved through other magic types.

A new realm/source of magical power is a HUGE shift. Likewise a language just for the sake of it. This is too big and trying to do too many things.

As I recall in your old post with the dragonkin, you yourself said something about shades and how they were special snowflake and how you were making a point... I am also just making a point :p.

Also, what I mean was that this is fine as it is, it seems very creative and well thought out, making another healing magic seems just to demotheus ( get it, it's supposed to be "demote" but I changed it to Demotheus, hahaha) the originality in the magic itself. Also, this is rather nice and would probably do nothing bad and just get more RP.

That was kind of rude.

Oh sorry, didn't mean for it to be rude... Awkward, but my point still stands, although Elindor is right, I think it could only add more RP than take away.

although Elindor is right

While I don't hate reading those words, in this circumstance I think them incorrect. I actually suggested that this would be adding as much to roleplay as cognitism does. Which is: a whole lot for the one person using it, and hardly anything for everyone else.

My opinion is brief. There is too much going on. The idea getting bigger and bigger only means that the audience it receives grows smaller and smaller. Cognitism is a cool magic, but it doesn't add anything to RP because it is all inside the caster's head. This seems to come into a very similar position. The roleplay is enjoyable only to those who are doing it (based on the complexities of the magic will likely be 3) and other than that it achieves things that can already be achieved through other magic types.

A new realm/source of magical power is a HUGE shift. Likewise a language just for the sake of it. This is too big and trying to do too many things.

I did just add today how the Raw Canvas isn't a new realm : P, but yea I do see where you're going with how it is getting really big. It's just that I'm not sure if when it comes to ideas, that people want a lot of in depth lore and details on it or as minimal as possible. I decided to take the safe route and introduce a lot, however, I am open to changing things around. If you have a fair reason for removing something please tell me because I do agree there is too much stuff, but seemingly necessary stuff.

Also, this magic does have some physical effect outside of the user, with the change of their body and huge cons which make interesting rp, also the whole long distance mental travel is for having good rp with some strange powerful beings from a ghost of a little girl to Iblees himself. Yet truly the whole mental aspect is play dough for the event team.

OOoo and I left out one thing, you can craft some pretty interesting things with this, like short range walky talkies.

Than why bother making an entire realm and **** with this? It seems a large waste. Just use the void. The capability is there. Take that one aspect from mental magic/illusion that allows you to affect minds by finding them in the void, and amplify it across a large distance. Idk.

And don't you think being a squid is a special snowflakiness thing? I think it is. People need to calm down with this hatred towards people who want to be special. 

Well I don't see how a very physically weak social outcast with a squid head and can't speak any language but a language that is headache inducing to be a, "special snowflake". Its a horrifically immense con, but does create a lot of rp.

Well I don't see how a very physically weak social outcast with a squid head and can't speak any language but a language that is headache inducing to be a, "special snowflake". Its a horrifically immense con, but does create a lot of rp.

You're under the impression that special snowflake means powerful and godlike or something. not really. Just way ou tof the box and different.

You're under the impression that special snowflake means powerful and godlike or something. not really. Just way ou tof the box and different.

Oh, in this case I guess it is, but how I see it, the squid form is very similar to a lich.

Oh, in this case I guess it is, but how I see it, the squid form is very similar to a lich.

Lich's usually are very powerful people who spread chaos and mayhem. They're also special snowflakes. Nothing wrong with special snowflakes, by the way. I'm just saying, 

Lich's usually are very powerful people who spread chaos and mayhem. They're also special snowflakes. Nothing wrong with special snowflakes, by the way. I'm just saying, 

I mean, special things do bring special rp.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has gone to vote by the Lore Masters and has been denied.

The lore itself is a bit confusing, overextensive and gives too much information on what happens to some things. It makes connections between the soul and other things which don't need and shouldn't be done. The long distance talking is either unpractical or almost impossible to happen, being more of a tool which can be used to metagame than create roleplay.