[Lore & Magic Idea, Wip?] The Elemental Aengudaemons

spqrSancus

I have to compliment the fact that the lore is really well written but I do find it to be very unneeded. One of the issues us shamans had in having the far seer subtype accepted was overlapping ideals, abilities, ect. This magic seems to be basically the same as evocations and shamanism subtypes. A question the LT most likely asks is "How is this different than what we already have?" and quite honestly it is not.

That's very largely the POINT of the whole magic. It was meant to be a simple rewrite such that it would become the exact same as evocation magic, except that it comes from a Deity.

If this issue continues to come up, and/or a loremaster posts support for this particular issue to be addressed, and/or denies the lore, expect a repost or edit to account for such - a complete overhaul to make it more unique.

That's very largely the POINT of the whole magic. It was meant to be a simple rewrite such that it would become the exact same as evocation magic, except that it comes from a Deity.

If this issue continues to come up, and/or a loremaster posts support for this particular issue to be addressed, and/or denies the lore, expect a repost or edit to account for such - a complete overhaul to make it more unique.

Yeah, like what was said before. If this were not to be accepted even if it were RP'd people would simply call his char or other characters who do this crazy using OOC knowledge to some degree. But if it were accepted more people would most likely adopt it and RP it as true since they know it is true OOCly. Which is sad but true. Also, I just wanted to get back on what I said prior. If you are trying to make this like another way to do Evocation I don't think making someone lock into a specific magic singularly would help much. Except of course them not wanting to connect with other aenguls or aspects perhaps. But a lot of people that want to see this as another way to RP evocation would be warded away since they would be unable to use any other magic. For example, if this were accepted and my char was invited, he would sure as heck try it out since it would interest him. Though, he uses other magics so would essentially be useless for a good amount of time. And would not really want to lose his progress in them. I would believe many others would feel the same especially since they would be able to do the same things with evocation through void and still be able to use separate magics. I do know it is more of a religious thing but I just don't think it would really catch on any other way.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been denied.

This is denied for the simple reason that some of them already exist, and the magic that you sugest is, like you said, just deity evocation. If an evocationist wishes to say that he gets his power from an aengul or Daemon, he is free to believe it and tell everyone around him. Yet the magic system is already complicated as it is, and adding the same magics as both void and deity makes it even more so.

WIth this lore some things that aren't suppose to be confirmed would, such as the existance of the creator, the seven skies, and so on. Though this isn't as important.

This isn't a denied reason, though you also state that some of the magics, because they are not void based, would not make the character physically weaker. This is not true, all magics make the character a bit weaker, be it because of the training it requires (which can't be used to practice physical ways), or because of the magic's affects on people. I'm not saying someone that knows one magic can't fight as well, but mostly, if a character is a master mage of any magic, his skills in fighting can not be compared to the fighters that focus their mastery on fighting instead of magic.