Several Great Storms Of Athera

Nathan_Barnett36

Event Planners, MC Names: nathanbarnett36

Event Type: Natural Disasters (e.g. Floods, Massive storms)

Event Date: When ever suitable, this can be an occurring event and happens randomly or in intervals. However it would mainly happen on Friday night or the weekends suitable for both EST and GMT (3pm EST, 8PM GMT)

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Every Nation and every body. This would increase more roleplay as people would have to shelter from the great big storms and some people may decide to be a rescue party.

Event Location: Athera Map

Summary: Basically we need natural disaster roleplay events as no one really roleplays minecraft rain. This can happen when ever the event team and GMs please to. This can be server-side floods, Hurricanes, Extremely Strong wind, Massive server-side storms which affect the wind and lighting/ Thunder e.g. Trees and fall down, houses.... can fall down. I feel as this is a roleplay server, we need more natural disasters as their is nothing at the moment apart from Winter which slows down the production of crops. This is not really a natural disaster at that. If enough wind around the orc place it could even create a sandstorm for them. Depending on where you are, the effect of the storms would vary.

Concept Images/Screenshots: N/A (Mainly minecraft rain but server-wide broadcast stating that their is extreme wind or massive dark clouds begin to form over the side of Athera borders. 

Other Information: This has happened before in Anthos and was very successful.

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?: Yes, and GM's

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?: Well, builders to go around Athera towns and cities, creating the damage to it that the storm has caused.

This actually sounds pretty cool, and there aren't that many natural disasters on the server +1

Thunderstorm RP could be really good for my character, since she's studying lightning/electricity and stuff and she'll have a feild day. +1

Ouuhh!~ Sounds cool. +1

Plus, for right now, we could have blizzards to add to the little snow we have. Also, it would encourage people to roleplay the apparent cold weather that is going on right now.

tumblr_m4o3t3Q9Bc1ql07zs.gif

Certainly it can be done and I won't lie, I'm considering it

One word: 'Fantastic'. +2

I'd like that plugin we had in Asulon that everytime you'd be out during a storm you'd have a pretty good chance of being struck by lightning and more monsters would spawn and such. 

i would be interested in helping

Just need to grab a GM for server wide broadcasts and such. The Builders could smash some damage and trees onto the road etc. Actors could rp the storm out in several different regions where players are scattered.

Sounds pretty interesting, need more random events that are just for immersion and fun, Things like this help just improve the atmosphere and make roleplaying a bit more fun.