[Wip](Playable Disease) Vampyrica: The Blood Sickness

cman64

c19cb5d8f4272c3c5ecc9a0b685d5059.jpg

Notes from Doctor Shulik M. Heinrich

Day 1-

I have traveled through the lands of Athera many a time, and explored searching for new aliments to cure infectious diseases found within wounds. It has taken many months to do such a task, but so far many plants carry special qualities that can be used for pain. Currently, my research has taken me to a forest where many creatures seem to roam.

Day 2-

My journey has taken me to a small forest not too far off from Werdenberg. Roughly a few days walk. What has drawn myself to this area is the abundance of cervitar found. I have noticed their eating habits while looking and have found out some properties of the flora they consume.

Day 3-

Further exploration of the forest has brought me to the findings of a cave system. Local fungi also have brought me to these caves. They appear quite peculiar, and I plan to explore for any new signs of life that could help with any diseases.

Day 4-

The caves are deep and hold many secrets. i have noticed a large amount of bat droppings, some that seem to be in rather large areas. But so far these caves have been treacherous, and so I must continue once i regain my strength.

Day 5-

I had to evacuate the cave, for Some of the indigenous cave bats swarmed over me. They appeared to be rather large, and I have had several wounds in the process. So far a large bite on my forearm indicates that these creatures are too dangerous to venture back. I shall return back to my home and catalogue my findings

Day 9-

So far, the bite has swelled. The area is red with infection, and any acts seem to produce a larger infected area. i have applied several medicinal leaves to soothe the wound. hopefully it heals soon.

Day 14-

Sleep has become difficult. So far the wound has not healed, and the infection is spreading. My entire body is no longer at rest as I break out into sweats randomly. I do not know what has caused such a thing but so far the results are inconclusive.

Day 19-

I am coughing up blood, and my body grows ever weaker, I can hardly eat, let alone sleep. The sunlight burns as the pigment in my skin is lost. My nails have grown exponentially, And my teeth have been falling out. I want to die, This disease is giving me more pain than I can ever handle. Please.

One dark day as a thunderstorm raged, you walk into the Doctor’s home, expecting a light greeting. The air is musty, and you shiver as the cold night brings chills up your spine. You make your way into the livingroom, blood scattering the floor. Your body begins to shake, and you jump as a crack of thunder echoes through the small room. You can barely speak as you rush for the main office within the home. The door creaks slightly as you slam it open, and gaze in shock.

The doctor was dead in a pool of his own blood. His eyes wide open, white as the moon. His skin was also pale, lacking any pigment. His nails were grotesque in their length as his body laid cold. You gasp in sheer shock before turning your head away from the man, tears streaming down your cheeks.

You run outside for help as two guards catch your voice. They run up to the door’s entrance, their mail shuffling in the rain. Their eyes open wide in shock upon hearing the news.

“Dear God. The Doctor? what happened?” Asked the first soldier.

“I’m...I’m not sure” you answer, glancing behind you.

“Show us where the body is.” asked the second soldier, preparing himself for the gruesome scene.

You walk with the soldiers into the room, as everyone’s jaws drop.

The Doctor was sitting up, but his head lay downwards as he rocked his body back and forth, muttering un recognizable words.

“Doctor! Doctor are you ok? What happened?”

he didn’t answer. You feel a sudden burst of courage as you walk slowly towards the man, his grey hair stained with his own blood. You jump back as The doctor screams in pain as blood pours out of his mouth. The soldiers gasp as sharp teeth soon protrude from the gums, blood splattering the ground before them. The Doctor’s screams continue to echo before he drops to the ground, dead once more.

“Oh my god..” exclaimed the first soldier. The second didn’t know what to say.

“we need to….dispose of the body...It’s infected with something, I remember him complaining about being sick just a few days ago.”

The Second soldier nods as the small group walks out of the room.

The Doctor’s eyes open, no longer white, but now a blood red.

“We can't just leave the body!” you shout, angry at the soldiers.

“Fine, bring the body. But be careful before touching it.”

You walk back into the small room, and gasp. The soldiers rush in as their minds go blank.

“Wh...Where is he?” Mumbled the second soldier.

Suddenly the door shuts closed, making everyone jump.

“Doctor?” You shout. “Are you there?”

clint-cearley-vampire-fantasy-artist.jpg

“What do we have here today….” came a small voice. “Feeling sick?....Feeling…..dead…?” The voice chuckled as it appeared in the doorway, breathing heavily.

“Doctor! are you ok?” said the first soldier.

“yes, I am...Just…feeling weak…” The doctor’s red eyes flare up as he charges at the soldier. slashing his jugular with his long, sickly nails. The second soldier attempts to draw out his blade, but his neck snaps from behind.

Both bodies fall and land on the floor, the blood pool growing.

you try to run away, back towards the front of the house. But in your path, was the doctor covered in the soldiers blood.

“You look sick...I can ure that” he chuckles as he charges for you as well. You raise your are in front of your face, hoping to shield your eyes away from your own demise. all you can feel is a sudden burst of pain in your arm, screaming from its suddenness.

You move your arms away and bolt for the door, seeming to be ajar. The rain has continued through the events as you stumble across town, hoping everything was a dream…..

Vampyrica, The blood sickness

vampyrica is the contamination of blood. ,It is very rare to contract such a disease, as your body is very capable of fighting the infection. However, the disease itself rewrites your genetic code, turing your own blood into a sustenance incapable of supporting your body. This causes for the need to consume blood from any source in range.

vampire_of_the_domain__magic_the_gatheri

there are several stages of this disease before it becomes incurable.

Stage 1- 4 days infected

The First bite: When your blood comes into contact with contaminated blood. Must like a tick can transfer diseases by biting, an infected patient can do the same. The bite will begin to swell and grow red.

Stage 2- 9 days infected

The weakness: Your body will begin trying to fight off the infection, causing you to feel weak. You will soon become sleep deprived and sweat often. The infection will either spread at this stage or remain the same.

Stage 3- 14 days infected

The Changing: if you have not gotten better, you will go through the changing. Soon your teeth will fall out, and you will cough up blood as well. Not only will your nails begin to grow rapidly, the pigment in your skin is lost due to your blood not supplying enough oxygen to the skin.

Stage 4- 20 days infected

The blood: Your body shuts down for several days as the last genetic changes are made. once this is complete, your mind will come out of the comatose state and set in place the final aspects of the disease. After several moments of being awoken, your new teeth will burst out of your gums painfully, and it is common for you to pass out after as well. once you regain consciousness from that, your eyes will be a dark red, and will grow brighter each time you feed.

The disease itself is not bred to spread, but to live within its host. so it is very rare to see an infected vampyric attempt to infect another. They usually rather feeding and killing their prey. Also, once infected, the victim no longer has a sense their previous life, but will retain all memories. Their priorities just change to meet their new needs.

vampyrics can often sense another infected by smell, as their senses are heightened. This allows them to know who to attack, and who not to.

Also, vampyrics often hold higher respect for those whom have been infected the longest, since cell reproduction increases to cause somewhat of a preserved state. This can cause small groups to follow elder vampyrics, creating hunting pacts that are extremely dangerous.

There are many different pros and cons that come with being a vampyric

pros:

-heightened senses

-agility

-preserved state (Does not age)

-weapons grows on hands (fingernails)

cons:

-skin burns in daylight

-a constant hunger for blood to support body

-pale skin and bright red eyes (Easy to distinguish in a crowd)

appearance:

often wearing dark robes, hoods, and clothing to cover their skin, Vampyrics are very sensitive to light. This comes with their pale skin as well. Also, their finger nails will be very long, and grow quickly as a defense mechanism for the disease. They are still ordinary nails, and can be cut off by blades, or any other means. Their eyes are a dark red, but grow brighter after feeding. This allows for one to tell if they have killed recently or not.

Behaviors:

vampyrics often live in solitude, or under a disguise if possible. otherwise, they hunt in packs, often having an aged vampyric as their leader. a vampyric must feed as well, otherwise their blood cannot support their own body, resulting in death.

Red Lines:

-you must burn in the sunlight

-your nails take 1 ig day to grow back, so if broken it cannot grow back

-you must feed often or you will have to die

-You cannot become one by simply being bit. you must rp the entire process and roll to see if you survive or change.

-You cannot stab someone with your nails. Nor can it go through armor. Only can it cut skin

If accepted, there will be 4 or so spots open to play in a single pack (so the server isn't overrun and the process is still considered rare)

Feedback is appreciated. note this is not a new race, it is a disease that infects and corrupts the body.

we already have a blood sucking disease that is caused by a parasite

There's already something with blood sucking that's as close to a vampire as lotc is willing to have, but good effort.

Link: https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/86266-✓-lore-completed-those-that-feed-in-red-imp-parasite/

must've missed that. huh. ah well it was still worth a shot

Please no 

I'll just save you the extra work of a WIP. This lore is Denied.

Sorry, vampires and werewolves aren't going to be accepted unless very creativaly.