[Wip]The Presence Of Order

ShameJax

Oh I don't know. I am just knowledgeable about Eshtael. Perhaps an LM will be able to assist.

There are a fair few, however I don't know much about them all. All I know is that there are a fair few of them that exist but don't do anything to my knowledge.

I really like the idea of a magic like this, personally. Let's just forget about the fact that "we already have magics similar to shade magics". From what I am aware there's nothing like this out there. And OP said it'd literally be the opposite of shade magic, regardless of how the mechanic for it works. If there were some other way to make it happen besides something similar to shade magic, the community'll probably complain less about it. (I like this in the way it's in now, but apparently everyone's too caught up on "asdfjkl; it's too similar to shade magic" to like it)

As I said before, it doesn't even need to have a magic. It is purely something following order. Yes a magic would be cool for it, but it is not necessary. The form of magic can be many things, but all I could think of was for the opposite of shade. Although if I changed it to Wyrvun I could set it up to be basically tattoo magic, which would be rather cool.

Both the Itharel and Mists of Xan are similar to Shade magic which is a bit of a bother to me, personally. And lets not even forget relations to Arcane Evo.

Itharel are (Least from what I believe) are clerics with a boost in power who had to lose their general emotions to gain the power as chosen ones of Tahariae. This entails originally learning things like holy flames. But making tendrils of light is just another thing any cleric can do, cause they are shaping holy light around, same with Mist of Xan though that is a bit more obscure since there isn't any real lore you can find on the forums about them. Besides that though Clerics are unable to actually do much with their holy weapons besides combatively and against corrupted creatures. Just going to say that, since I like some ideas in the lore as well as dislike other points people made with inaccuracies. The only other thing I would say is to look at Jistumas post about the situation with WIP lore if you haven't already https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/121126-situation-on-wip-lore-ieas/ just as a heads up for later on when or if you choose to continue further.

Itharel are (Least from what I believe) are clerics with a boost in power who had to lose their general emotions to gain the power as chosen ones of Tahariae. This entails originally learning things like holy flames. But making tendrils of light is just another thing any cleric can do, cause they are shaping holy light around, same with Mist of Xan though that is a bit more obscure since there isn't any real lore you can find on the forums about them. Besides that though Clerics are unable to actually do much with their holy weapons besides combatively and against corrupted creatures. Just going to say that, since I like some ideas in the lore as well as dislike other points people made with inaccuracies. The only other thing I would say is to look at Jistumas post about the situation with WIP lore if you haven't already https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/121126-situation-on-wip-lore-ieas/ just as a heads up for later on when or if you choose to continue further.

Yeah, I know. I only put it up just to see if people actually wanted it to be a thing, if I should continue writing. As of now its 50/50 I believe.

Yeah, I know. I only put it up just to see if people actually wanted it to be a thing, if I should continue writing. As of now its 50/50 I believe.

Just a note for you, you should rather quickly give up on the anti-Shades concept. The Shades have historically fought their chaotic tendencies and in-fact opposed all major threats to the world, doing more damage to The Scourge than certain holy groups could even manage. No Aengul or Daemon cares to try and destroy them when they don't act as evil/chaos incarnate and fight that nature.

Not even sure why Booklight went off, though, that's really not important.

Snippy

Wasn't going off :P just replied to what you said. Since the magics you said are basically the same, aren't all too similar. Regardless though, I do agree that shades really aren't all too evil and there isn't much of a point to fight them which is the part I was against about the lore.

Just a note for you, you should rather quickly give up on the anti-Shades concept. The Shades have historically fought their chaotic tendencies and in-fact opposed all major threats to the world, doing more damage to The Scourge than certain holy groups could even manage. No Aengul or Daemon cares to try and destroy them when they don't act as evil/chaos incarnate and fight that nature.

I thought the entire point was that they acted chaotic because of the magic, how could they fight something like that off? I thought it was supposed to be a setback to the magic so that way they aren't over-powered. Like, "hey you get this cool magic but at the same time have to be really chaotic and disorderly". 

Fair enough. I'm considering changing it up to a Wyrvun blessed magic.

I thought the entire point was that they acted chaotic because of the magic, how could they fight something like that off? I thought it was supposed to be a setback to the magic so that way they aren't over-powered. Like, "hey you get this cool magic but at the same time have to be really chaotic and disorderly". 

Most Shades barely even use the magic these days due to the fact they have to focus on fighting it. A large chunk of The Shades in-fact got rid of the magic because they couldn't handle it any longer ICly.

Most Shades barely even use the magic these days due to the fact they have to focus on fighting it. A large chunk of The Shades in-fact got rid of the magic because they couldn't handle it any longer ICly.

If they got rid of the magic then how are they shades?

Give it a more unique way to achieve it, rather than an orb like the shade stuff was

Give it a more unique way to achieve it, rather than an orb like the shade stuff was

i thought you had to be in the edgy necromancy clique

Decided to change it to Aeriel as that fits better.

Updated with a second occurrence.

i thought you had to be in the edgy necromancy clique

excuse me?