[Recruiting] Owynswood Levy

Devland99

The Owynswood Levy

“Vigiliant and Braced”

5zZEcL6.jpg

Purpose and Goal

The Levy of Owynswood was founded under the principle of defense of Aleksgrad and The Perch. Following the code of Adria’s military and previous experiences has introduced a grizzled and standing levy to Owynswood. Being composed of each house’s levy makes this force diverse and heavily mobile. All men that join are to be expected to be knowledgeable in archery and swordsmanship. Training will be issued to any greenhorn with the intent to hone their abilities and produce the best versatile soldier possible.

Sharing a barracks both sections are very united working closely when in combat and securing each others flanks. Men are only allowed into the Levy due to Canonist belief and culture. Each man will be given the tunic of his desired barony and a suit of armor with a sword. Every man is expected to follow the law’s of Adria and to have his interest in the defense of his homeland.

Ranks of the Platoons

Baron

He who every soldier owes their loyalty to. In the absence of one Baron and Commander, a platoon will listen to the other Baron or to the other present Commander.

Specter

Currently the highest rank within the Levy

it commands all of the men and oversees training.

Weekly pay: 190 Minas

Sergeant

Commands squads within the platoon keeping their men clean and tidy.

Weekly pay: 150 minas

Man-At-Arms

Assigned and is the first official service rank

Weekly pay: 100 Minas

Greenhorn

The newest member in the order, trains for 8 months under a Sergeant.

Weekly pay: 40 minas

Common Weaponry

Longsword - The main weapon of the Owynswood Brigade. All standard soldiers are given one, forged by the company’s smith. It is often 30-40 inches long including the handle, and is the most common weapon used in the platoon for both town-side duties, and offensive battles.

Bastard Sword- The Bastard sword has three variations for the Owynswood Brigade, including short, standard, and long. The short bastard sword can measure from 30-40 inches long with handle and can be dual wielded with a buckler. The standard is 35-45 inches long, and is mostly used as a two handed weapon, though can be wielded with a buckler if the wielder is strong enough. The heavy variation can be used exclusively with two hands as it is 40-50 inches in length, and is often very heavy.

Morningstar- A very heavy weapon capable of inflicting massive damage upon those who are hit with it. It is able to pierce well through almost any armour with enough force. The main handle of the morningstar can be 40-50 inches long. The head can be around 5 inches in diametre, a solid, or sometimes hollow, ball of ferrum with large and small spikes protruding out of it.

Buckler - A very common shield in the Owynswood Brigade. It is a rounded shield with a wooden centre and the outer edge is lined with ferrum, adding additional structure and durability.. The inside of the buckler is coated in a thin layer of ferrum, adding even more protection for the wielder. It is often used with polearms, such as spears and pikes, as well as with one handed swords, longswords, and bastard swords.

Kite Shield - Used mainly by the more heartland influenced Griffin Platoon, this shield is used hand in hand with the spears, arming swords, and bastard swords of the Griffins.

The Crossbow - A ranged weapon employed by the Griffins, they pick off enemies from the heights of Owynswood and the snowy fields of Angren. The crossbows are made from hard Owynswood pine and can be relied upon to get off a shot and bring down a beast.

First Platoon - The Vojaks

The Vojak’s were originally founded by Constantine in the Fringe as a force to defend the Vekaro gates. In time this company began to grow into a levy sized force and became a major role in Dystov history. Upon the ending of the Fringe and its wars the Vojaks dissipated into a bodyguard force.  When Athera was discovered and the great exodus from Thales began, the Vojaks boarded the Orenian ship and set sail arriving to the eternal city. Doing odd jobs and mercenary work they fought early battles alongside the Orenian army. Upon the falling influence of Carrion the company was disbanded and went on their seperate ways.

When Constantine became a landed man he called upon veteran Vojaks issuing new uniforms and training the veterans in new and updated fighting styles. Reorganizing his men into proper formations and following a strict set of rules the company provided support for Orenia’s armies. Once granted land in Owynswood and given the barony of Aleksgrad he set about increasing the company into a proper frontline force.

Aleksgrad Coat of Arms

Vojak Uniform

1A6Qjcb.png

Application:

Given (MC) Name:
Chosen (RP) Name:
Race:

Combat Experience:
Previous Loyalties:
Place of Residence:
Section (Griffin or Vojak):

Application

Mc name: HighlifeDB

Rp name: Adrian Storm

Race: Human

Combat experience: being trained by Dargrind

Previous loyalties: none

Place of residence: Aleksgrad

Section: Vojak

Accepted! Report to Owynswood for a uniform and a bunk.

Given (MC) Name: Dannysslayinem
Chosen (RP) Name: Edward Caen

Combat Experience: Trained by Ser Brennen, Ser Marvin, and Ser Wilcon
Previous Loyalties: Griffins 
Place of Residence: Perch
Section (Griffin or Vojak): Griffin

Accepted! Report to Owynswood for tabard and initiation

Application:

Given (MC) Name: Fury_Fire

Chosen (RP) Name: Will

Combat Experience: Little to none, but can learn

Previous Loyalties: None

Place of Residence: None, besides the barracks. Used to live in wardenberg

Section (Griffin or vojak): Vojak

Application:

Given (MC) Name: Fury_Fire

Chosen (RP) Name: Will

Combat Experience: Little to none, but can learn

Previous Loyalties: None

Place of Residence: None, besides the barracks. Used to live in wardenberg

Section (Griffin or vojak): Vojak

Accepted! Report to Owynswood for tabard and initiation 

Given (MC) Name: 

ff_wk_14

Chosen (RP) Name: 

Talon Crystalbane

Race: 

Human

Male

Combat Experience: 

I have plenty of combat experience, I don't think there is anything you can teach me that I don't already know.

Previous Loyalties

I haven't anybody to be loyal too before

Place of Residence: 

Currently I have none of the sorts

Vojak

Given (MC) Name: 

ff_wk_14

Chosen (RP) Name: 

Talon Crystalbane

Race: 

Human

Male

Combat Experience: 

I have plenty of combat experience, I don't think there is anything you can teach me that I don't already know.

Previous Loyalties

I haven't anybody to be loyal too before

Place of Residence: 

Currently I have none of the sorts

Vojak

Accepted, report to Owynswood for initiation 

Combat experience: None on this server but I know nearly everything about combat

Previous loyalties: None

Place of residence: Nothing as of now

Select: Vojak

Application

Given (MC) Name: funny981
Chosen (RP) Name: Tisrothunian ((Just call me Thun))
Race: Farfolk

Combat Experience: I have fought no one except an Uruk, which two Dark Elves helped me defeat that horrible raging monster.
Previous Loyalties: I have just arrived at Oren from Rassids, I haven't been loyal to anyone yet. Well, I do live in Sylverport, but they don't really have an army, I just live there.
Place of Residence: I live in Sylverport, but I can live in Aleksgrad and have a second residence if you need me to.
Section (Griffin or Vojak): I wish to choose Griffin.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.