[2] Palatial Aphidylytes

Supremacy

Author/s: Zarsies

REGION 2: Palatial Aphidylytes

Scribed from the last words of Urangoi Ballenz, fifth descendant of Urguan’s generations. [[Any dialogue or words are written in common on here for us to comprehend.]

“I am stuck. I ventured too deep into the coil of the Motley Ravine, and after a wrong turn in one of the abandoned mines I suppose I was knocked out. I’ve awoken to be affixed to a wall of some gooey, thick sludge. It binds me to wall, but luckily I have my journal wedged beside me, and close enough to write on. Nearby I hear a woman, I can barely make out her lectures, but it sounds like she is preaching in a far off cavern… I fear for my life here.”

Deep underground the ridges of the Motley Ravine lay a muddied labyrinth, marbled in stone and the hardened byproduct of ant-like construction. Riddling the maze of tunnels and crevices once scuttled swarms of uncountable hordes, writhing masses of legged, exoskeletal shells and tibia, clusters of wriggling bugs formed out of coxa and spinnerets. With thick armor of biomass from their antennas to their thoraxes, in the pitch abyss roamed the aphids, grand and gargantuan in both number and size.

But now, all have vanished. Not a single critter may be sought scuttling about in those barren halls, decrepit with time’s withering. That being due to collapse. The Deep now only consists of a chamber; the pith. The lifeless bluff of the overworld resides without motion while all of the Aphidylytes are compacted into their own deposits and veins of sand and sediment. But one.

In the core of one mesa’s knoll, wedged down below in a sliver of openness, lies the central crux. It too lies in stillness, but not in death, but in concealed ambush. The ancient Hive Queen rests in unconscious slumber, awaiting the day for excavation of a foolish kind before her automaticly reactive limbs may draw in the prey and feed upon it to revive her, and thus the Hive.

Further Reading