The Curse Of Ignorance

Lima

Book is right, people should just, kill less. Stop thinking 'Oh, I'll be revived anywho, go ahead and stab me.' Though, I would very much enjoy being 'ignorant' of the revival, forced or not.

Right, but it does represent you are pleasantly asking them to not address the issue because I think its really stupid. I would prefer to not get banned while playing ignorant to my own death. A lot of common courtesy comes when characters die RPly that we offer to one another, however there are situations where that all breaks down horribly.

Am I to understand your character just accepts people come back to life, and thus nearly any physical action you take to resolve a situation will just lead him to go "There is a good chance they are resurrecting oh well."

I mean, there are rules stating you aren't allowed to die in the knowledge of the resurrection mechanic, so why can't there just be a exception to allow people to ignore it in general.

I wasn't clear on what I meant. Characters don't know if they will be resurrected, so deaths should be treated as though they are the permadeath, regardless of whether or not it is. That's what I RP my character as doing, and will do anything in his power to avoid death. He's a goshdang cleric, his job is healing people and making sure they don't die.

Considering we have lore on studies of the Wilven monks and that people have rped being resurrected and healed by the monks, it's a bit late to come up with the idea that they wake up at the tavern. IC denial won't really change much, and people will still say "Hey, I remember this shady fella walkin in right before I blacked out!" This doesn't fix the problem.

And from my understanding, your own personal IC beliefs about the monks is not ban worthy, so long as you forget the circumstances leading up to your death.

Just make it a rule to not seek vengeance for your own death. I liked someone else's idea: have it so when people are in the area of their death or are around their killer, they get this inexplicable visceral reaction that forces them to leave.

EDIT: I'm so sorry, didn't read through the last couple posts. If this isn't an enforced thing, I personally have no problem with it :P IC beliefs should not be bannable, and this is a creative way to deal with it!

We need this. +1

Perhaps this could be a curse that monks could place on certain individuals. My character's son , who is a monk, subtly told her about resurections and the like, but she still dosn't put herself in dangerous situations for the simple fact that some just don't come back.

As for how it works, sneezing would be hilarious and interesting.

"Bro, I just *vicious sneezing fit*.... What?"

Perhaps this could be a curse that monks could place on certain individuals. My character's son , who is a monk, subtly told her about resurections and the like, but she still dosn't put herself in dangerous situations for the simple fact that some just don't come back.

As for how it works, sneezing would be hilarious and interesting.

"Bro, I just *vicious sneezing fit*.... What?"

I don't think it should be given or spread. It is a player choice that can randomly occur.

Considering we have lore on studies of the Wilven monks and that people have rped being resurrected and healed by the monks, it's a bit late to come up with the idea that they wake up at the tavern. IC denial won't really change much, and people will still say "Hey, I remember this shady fella walkin in right before I blacked out!" This doesn't fix the problem.

And from my understanding, your own personal IC beliefs about the monks is not ban worthy, so long as you forget the circumstances leading up to your death.

This lore does not in any ways tell people that they cannot stand in the knowledge of the monks and their system, but it would be a roleplay mechanism of showing people they don't want to address the issue and don't personally subscribe to the idea.

And I was told quite flatly that it IS ban worthy for the rule of ignoring roleplay so I added roleplay that legitimizes this. 

I like this idea. It is a 10/10 idea that will improve LoTC's fictional credibility.

Considering the ambiguous nature of the Triumvirate, this curse certainly seems viable. Perhaps their sworn duty, alongside keeping the dead people alive, is to prevent the dead people from realizing they died, thus assuring order in the realm(s). There's a reason I opt for "alternative resurrection" when some kind of other-being or undead form able to be played as is being developed - it skips the CT nonsense and all the uncomfortable baggage that acts as a roleplay dilute.

The lore is [Pending] 

Expect a result within a week or just afterward, the lore team is currently reviewing this piece!

Unfortunately this lore has been  [Denied]

There are a few reasons for this decision, which I shall list below!

For starters, we're confused towards the actual need of this lore. For.. four years? Yes, four years we've managed to get along fine with the current system and thus we're honestly failing to see reason for the need of this new curse. It does not really seem to address any current issues but instead just giving them a differing backing. Atop of that we've also got concerned about the difficulty of understanding the core concepts of this curse. Not only is it bringing a new factor into the heavily intertwined knowledge of those currently on the server but its also rather confusing for new players. This would result in either a lot of 'you're PG'ing the curse' claims for the GM's as well as a lot of new player confusion. Its much easier to say 'you forget prior events' within explanation that 'you undergo this curse that does this, that and everything else'. 

At the end of the day, the conditions of your death can be RP'd however you like as long as you ensure the preoccupying events are lost within memory. You don't need a piece of lore for that.

Thanks for submitting.