The Archaeologists of Aegis

Tegrof

*You go by the bulletin board and you see hieroglyphs and weird signs. You start to read*

Archaeologists of Aegis

Excavating ruins and groves to recover the lore and history of Aegis

The Archaeologists of Aegis is a group that want to discover and recover lore and history of Aegis. We intend to walk around in the country, looking for signs of old life, buildings and civilizations.

We are currently looking for more excavators and historians to work with future excavations. This job is volunteer work and will not give much of an income, but we do seek donations to help the cause. You don't have to work with this as a main job. Feel free to help the Guild on your free time.

I am Galmir Súrion, called Sting, son of Taurnil Súrion. With my father being the late leader of the Dark Elves, I feel responsible to know who my ancestors where. With that yearning I also know that I have to help all citizens of Aegis to learn about the past. Who knows what settlements, disputes and skirmishes we do not know about? There are maybe races that we have no knowledge about...

If you do support this project, please do tell and support us officially. We will probably have graverobbers destroying our work and will need help to fend these off ((the work is on non-permissioned and griefers will be around. We will need some support from race officals)).

Current excavations and future projects

The first excavation we went out for was the so called Forest of Inwe, where the first Dark Elves settled. The site of the small settlement has been found and the excavation has started. It is located east of Malinor, by the southernmost part of the desert.

The Dark Elves moved from Malinor after a religious dispute and looked for a new place. But very soon Orcs of the desert in the north learned about the new neighbors and moved in to deal with the threat. The Battle of Inwe was imminent and the newly settled Dark Elves had to move back to Malinor.

As we now know there where Orcs very close by the Dark Elves, we will look for signs for Orcs living close to Inwe.

See this paper for notes on what we know about the Dark Elves and the battle of Inwe.

Current team

Sting Súrion ((Possut)) - Guildleader

Historians

Rivell Gordian ((xzpepijnzx))

Tylos ((james2k))

Excavators

Freya ((Sapphireshard))

Description of the work

As an archaeologist you will be looking for ancient ruins. We hope to find old settlements, war fields, religious places, maybe even libraries with ancient texts. Your work will be to find, excavate, analyze and archive our findings.

If you are interested in helping this cause, then please send a note to our Headquarters (application form is found further down).

It might be good to know that working for the Archaeologists of Aegis will probably not give you a very good paycheck, but that is not what this is about. The knowledge we find is a good enough pay!

((The job entails building ruins and groves and create lore and history around each site. We will need people that know or want to know more of the lore, people that can create lore for the server as well as history. Lastly, we will need a couple of good builders, that can create the different excavation sites and buildings.))

Application

RP name:

In Game Name:

Race:

Historian or excavator? ((lore/history writer or builder)):

Main job or extra job?:

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?:

((Material donations))

((We are humbly accepting donations in form of materials or money (to pay for materials), so we can build those ruins. The list below will contain what we will be needing, now and in the future. Thank you for any donations you give!))

• Mossy Cobblestone
  • Darkwood saplings
  • Birch Saplings
  • Darkwood leaves
  • Sandstone
  • Cobblestone
  • Smooth stone
  • Glowstone
  • Iron tools or ingots

((This thread is a WIP. Will be evolved in time))

I suggest you contact Maiavel, Scribe and Lorekeeper of the Druids.

sounds like a good idea i guess, but theyre already some ruins around, if you know where to look

RP name: Tylos

In Game Name: james2k

Race: Human, Northerner

Historian or excavator? ((lore/history writer or builder)): Historian

Main job or extra job?: Extra job((my main job is the FOA))

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: I look forward to finding out more about the history of Aegis. I'm a very curious person and I would love to be part of a group that tries to find out more about Aegis.((I love writing lore))

I usually prefer to look to the future than dwell in the past, but this is quite a intriguing organization.

As they say, history is doomed to repeat itself. Perhaps some things you find will be of great importance to us in years to come.

OOC:

RP name:Freya

In Game Name: Sapphireshard

Race:Human, Northerner.

Historian or excavator?: Excavator. I love designing ruins!

Main job or extra job?: I dont mind, i'm willing to do whatever you assign me.

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: Create lore and ruins about times lost to Aegis. Hopefully, we will be able to flesh out holes in Aegis's plot for many players in future to enjoy.

I usually prefer to look to the future than dwell in the past, but this is quite a intriguing organization.

As they say, history is doomed to repeat itself. Perhaps some things you find will be of great importance to us in years to come.

And if we find ancient civilisations then finding out how they fell will help us in finding out how to make sure the same doesn't happen to us.

And if we find ancient civilisations then finding out how they fell will help us in finding out how to make sure the same doesn't happen to us.

If anything does happen to us, I blame the goblins.

At least this time the next civilization will have a crater to remember us for.

*laughs*

If anything does happen to us, I blame the goblins.

At least this time the next civilization will have a crater to remember us for.

*laughs*

*laughs*

The Goblins and their silly airships.

sounds like a good idea i guess, but theyre already some ruins around, if you know where to look

I know there are ruins, but they do not cover any known history or lore. My work here is to recover lost knowledge about the world we live in.

I am glad to see that there is such interest in something this important! I will introduce you to my current and first project as soon as possible!

RP name: Tylos

In Game Name: james2k

Race: Human, Northerner

Historian or excavator? ((lore/history writer or builder)): Historian

Main job or extra job?: Extra job((my main job is the FOA))

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: I look forward to finding out more about the history of Aegis. I'm a very curious person and I would love to be part of a group that tries to find out more about Aegis.((I love writing lore))

OOC:

RP name:Freya

In Game Name: Sapphireshard

Race:Human, Northerner.

Historian or excavator?: Excavator. I love designing ruins!

Main job or extra job?: I dont mind, i'm willing to do whatever you assign me.

Describe what you would do in this guild, what do you look forward to?: Create lore and ruins about times lost to Aegis. Hopefully, we will be able to flesh out holes in Aegis's plot for many players in future to enjoy.

Both of you are of course welcome in the guild! I will talk to you as soon as I can.

The first excavation we are doing is to find the mystic grove of the Dark Elves, located in the forest of Inwe (locaton of Inwe is currently unknown). I have already recovered a lot of knowledge about the first Dark Elves, mostly due to that my father was Taurnil Súrion, leader of the Dark Elves. Read this paper for the current notes.

((Add Possut974 on Skype so we can talk more))

Both of you are of course welcome in the guild! I will talk to you as soon as I can.

The first excavation we are doing is to find the mystic grove of the Dark Elves, located in the forest of Inwe (locaton of Inwe is currently unknown). I have already recovered a lot of knowledge about the first Dark Elves, mostly due to that my father was Taurnil Súrion, leader of the Dark Elves. Read this paper for the current notes.

((Add Possut974 on Skype so we can talk more))

((I don't have a microphone so I'll just use text.)) After reading that I'm intrigued. I agree, we must find Inwe.

((I don't have a microphone so I'll just use text.)) After reading that I'm intrigued. I agree, we must find Inwe.

[[i dont have a microphone either... darn it!]]

Yes, this sounds like a good first project for us to do. I've got all the resources we could possibly need for a Base-camp. Where in general would we find "Inwe"?

I do believe Inwe would be a Darkwood forest. You should look in a forest such as that.

I do believe Inwe would be a Darkwood forest. You should look in a forest such as that.

It should indeed be a Darkwood forest. We are currently looking for signs of a settlement right now, in such a place. I know the Dark Elves settled east, southeast of Malinor, so we will start to look there.

((Obviously, we'll create a darkwood forest, due to the fact that darkwood is not found in forest biomes, only taiga and snowy)).