Aengudaemonic Lore -The Lost One

drfate786

The Lost One

Daemon of lies and treachery, devourer that sleeps beneath the flesh of the descendants. He who will inhabit the cursed pit to which his lies shall be built upon by his unhallowed followers whom have been lied to. Corrupter of all that is pure and creator of all that slithers.

Depiction

The Lost One’s true name isn't known nor does anyone even know of his existence, the greatest lie to ever have been told is the lie that ensured this Daemon’s existence would remain hidden from all descendents. Only other Aengudaemons know of The Lost One’s existence but have never dared mention this to the descendants for fear that he might devour them in his web of lies.

The Lost One is depicted as a massive basilisk-like creature, the exact size of this creature is unknown but many depictions say it could be the size of a thousand fully grown basilisks. In most depictions it can be seen attempting to devour the depictions of Dragur and Iblees.

In other depictions the lost one is seen as a set of cloaked robes covered in a thick black mist.

Effects On The Mortal World

The Lost One is deceitful, he relies on existing cults and religions to spread lies and conflict between the descendents. He will frequently manifest before cults and religions as a false deity and even state at times that he is “The creator” himself. Furthermore cultists or priests that do his bidding unwillingly will be cursed with a terrible lust for self-indulgence, they will seek the pleasures of life but as time goes on the pleasures of life will begin to fade. The lost one will begin to appear within their dreams, appearing in his true form to those he lied to. Those he visits are then driven mad until only lies and arrogance remain.

Each century The Lost One will find a “Vessel” to represent him. This “Vessel” is usually human or elven, The Lost One will enter the vessel as a snake usually through the vessel’s mouth and will then attempt to manipulate the vessel into forming a religion or cult serving a false deity or an existing deity. The vessel of The Lost One will no longer age, once a new century has come The Lost One will erupt from the vessel as a massive basilisk. He will then attempt to devour the cult or religion that unknowingly worshipped him and will attempt to find a new host.

OOC Info

The Lost One will be an ET Daemon played by an ET member on an often basis, he will appear before any cult or religion with the exception of Iblees and Dragur related cults. The Lost One will not be able to use his true form unless given permission by an admin and a LM as this may cause severe damage and godmodding, instead he will either use his parasitic form ((The small snake that will find a vessel)) or his cloaked form. He may also assume the form of an existing aengudaemon in order to lie to the followers of said aengudaemon. Magic of any kind will cause him to erupt from a vessel, however this is risky as the mage who did it could become the new vessel.

Someone complained about contradictions, if you see any please tell me.

Just to clarify any contradictions The Lost One uses existing cults and religions to spread lies to the followers of said religion for example: The church of the canon, He DOES NOT reveal himself unless compelled to by clerical magic and even then, he will not reveal his true name or form. Any magic may cause him to erupt from a vessel he is using but he will attempt to enter the one who purged him from the vessel.

He spreads lies simply because it is his nature, but also because he draws some of his power from it.

Edited by drfate786

It seems quite short, but that's preference.

If "The Lost One" isn't known by anyone, how does he get cults to do his stuff?

That is but one example of the contradictions in this lore.

It seems quite short, but that's preference.

If "The Lost One" isn't known by anyone, how does he get cults to do his stuff?

That is but one example of the contradictions in this lore.

I stated plainly that he lies to existing cults and religions. For example:

The cult of Ikuras. He could show up and state to be ikuras and even take that depicted form in order to lie to the cultists and drive them mad. 

Edit: IF you notice any contradictions simply quote them as proof and i will change them so the lore doesn't contradict. 

Edited by drfate786

Why would the existing angueldaemons simply allow some nobody deity to take their form and trick their followers? Surely, if this was attempted, his being would be alerted to the members of their sect and immediately known, also Daemon's aren't usually played by event team members in random events and such. 

Also I am getting a lot of Christian vibes from this, the whole "Lost One" being a basilisk and small snake when visiting the people, trying to ruse them into going against their beliefs.

Any unrelated comments will be requested for removal in abundance if made in abundance. Abstain from clogging up the thread with trollery, everyone, thank you.

Someone please remove all the trolly posts. I wish to keep this thread clean.

Why would the existing angueldaemons simply allow some nobody deity to take their form and trick their followers? Surely, if this was attempted, his being would be alerted to the members of their sect and immediately known, also Daemon's aren't usually played by event team members in random events and such. 

Also I am getting a lot of Christian vibes from this, the whole "Lost One" being a basilisk and small snake when visiting the people, trying to ruse them into going against their beliefs.

The ET doing this will obviously require LM and Admin approval, an admin can always play this instead if that is what you wish. As to the aengudaemons alerting their followers, that is what would happen...but if the deity they worship isn't canon then they would be worshipping the lost one.

Ikuras isn't canon, therefore The lost One can show up and say "Hey I'm IKURAS!!" and because Ikuras doesn't "Exist" he wouldn't be able to interfere. Ofcourse the cultists may say he is a lie and dismiss him but he will still keep coming regardless.

On the other hand, Xan is canon. Therefore if The Lost One shows up and says "IM XAN" the real Xan will most likely show up and say "HE ISN'T ME" therefore ruining his great web of lies. 

You also have to realize that he could make a deal with said Deity, Knox for example would get along with The Lost One. As The Lost One and Knox can easily conjure a massive lie that would plunge the world into insanity. 

The point is, it depends on the deity he is pretending to be and the relationship they have. If lies go well with insanity then those two elements do well together. If order and lies get along well and they do, since half of the politicians are LIERS then they would get along. 

Hidden Content

Quick note: I'm 200% certain that Ikuras is canon. Only lore that I recall being denied surrounding Ikuras was the cultist's magic extension.

Although, that fact aside I do like the idea. Another somewhat-similar idea was brought up in the past, however it was rejected due to it's magical elements and the OOC difficulty of it's implementation. I'll try to dig up the link later.

Anyways.. What are the goals of 'The Lost One'? I recommend you also not rely heavily on 'lies' and 'insanity' as insanity is a very broad/loose word. There are multiple 'levels' and definitions of insanity, especially in the real world. In Lord of the Craft, it's an even broader term simply because of the universe LotC exists within. The Lost One also shouldn't just pretend to be another deity for shits and giggles . A base objective is always something a character needs, deity or not.

He relies on lies and ONLY lies to grow in power, if enough people are under the influence of a lie he creates he slowly grows in power. The more powerful he becomes the bigger his "true form" would become. The lie can be anything, he could lie about being the creator and if everyone falls for it he would grow in power. Or he could trick everyone into believing toothpaste cures cancer and he will then grow in power too if everyone falls for it.

I think I may have had part in the other idea of which Tythus speaks. Except that one was a daemon that pretends to be The Creator or any aengul to which praise is offered. His intention was to inflate his own god complex and to see how far he could push mortals to do unreasonable things in the name of their deity. But I was writing on behalf of someone who had certain intentions to create a new cleric magic that basically did whatever they wanted, so it was never going to work out.

Whether or not you wish to share it with the rest of the class, The Lier should DEFINITELY have a more direct intent. Besides just power. Power is a means. Why does he want it?

This lore is [Denied].

Honestly, I can see how this fits into the current world of Aengul's and Daemon's well enough. Instead.. it just seems confused, almost worthless and unneeded. Atop of that adding Daemon's requires a much grander infrastructure and thought process, something that hasn't really been achieved here.