Pav33

(x)-=- The Ehrenritter -=-(x)

Table of Contents:

I. History

II. The House

III. The Ideals and Oathes

IV. How to Join

I. History

No "date" is given to the foundation of the Ehrenritter. It is most commonly associated with around 1539 or even in a few chronicles it is stated to have been formed directly after the birth of its founder, Michael Roden, in 1520. The order is fairly new yet the bloodline of the family that created it is very rich. Roden, translating in their dialect to "red valley" was the name given to Michael's successors, yet this was not his first surname. His blood can be tracked back to Sulla Hennerius, a man of noble blood from who's house whence he came, no one knows. Sulla married Iya Res'na, a mali'aheral, which does mean that the family has a small amount of elven blood coursing through its veins. A descendant of Sulla, whos name is unknown, is said to have slept with Kael of House Vladov, though this is just rumor. None the less, the maiden bore two children, Kaeden and Mikhail Roden. Mikhail grew up in the a reasonably wealthy household, getting a decent education and even being raised to sergeant in the Vladovic regiment! Yet at the age of 21, Mikhail became filled with wanderlust. He had already had an heir, Nikolas Roden, born by his fiancee Valeria. For whatever reason it may be, the relations between Josef Vladov and Mikhail suddenly turned to violent hate. Mikhail renounced his possible blood from the Vladovs, and even left the regiment, even going as far as changing his own name! Mikhail had served in several battles against the dwarves, and heard many misinterpretations of his name being shouted at him, his favorite being Michael. As you may guess, Mikhail is Michael.

II. The House

The unofficially noble House of Roden is quite the expanding one. After Kaeden arrived back to his family after years of wandering the land, the family started to tell tales of their achievements and glories. Never wanting to quit the military life, Michael refused to retire to a house he was offered in Lorraine. Feeling awkward in joining any other military group, he decided to form his own.

Patriarch(s): Michael Roden (WalrusGames) and Valeria Evelyn Roden (101juliana101)

Family Members: Kaeden Roden (Tintie)-brother to Michael

Nikolas Roden (unplayed, contact if interested!)-son to Michael

Relations: (Duchy Wise)

Lorraine: Great!

Courland: Fine

Carinthia: Neutral

Istria: Fine

III: Ideals and Oathes

An order based on the preservation of tradition and brotherhood, many rituals are practiced every elven week or so.

The Hunt

A favorite among the soldiers, they love to hunt after a victory as much as they like to feast. They will always pay a duke to allow them hunting rights in an area, always wanting to cause peace with the law.

Feast of St. Wilfriche

Every 5 or so elven weeks, the soldiers stockpile food for a feast. Some exotic dishes may also be served, if money permits, such as goose and pheasent. It is not a time that permits the soldiers to flirt though, as they are even encouraged to bring a date to the feast! Aswell as eating, there may be some dining and storytelling, and maybe even a small act of theatre! The feast is a time to celebrate brotherhood, one of the most cherished thing in the order.

Ranks

Kommandant: Michael Roden (WalrusGames)

The duties of a marshall are simple. Manage the budgets of the order, assign promotions, and oversee recruitment, should be adressed as "mein kommandant"

Quartermaster: Apply if you feel youll be a good fit for this position!-A quartermaster is a very important job, and is usually reserved for one of the more richer members. They must make sure every soldier is outfitted, and must do so by using his own purse. A quartermaster may be a smith aswell, depending on the income of iron.

Spymaster: Apply if you feel youll be a good fit for this position!-Although there is little need for espionage, sometimes a merry few will be sent to "even out" the political chessgame, though Imperials never fear! They mostly slay dwarves and political enemies of Oren.

Honor Bearer: Apply if you feel youll be a good fit for this position!- A knight who has proven skilled at arms, he will be honored with holding the banner of the house and order during a battle

Ehrenritter: Instead of your classic sergeant or master at arms, the order uses its "honor knights" to recruit and fight on the front lines during battle.

Man-At-Arms: The backbone of the order, these are recruits who have proven themselves in battle, and often earn their rank after just 2 battles

Recruit: May they be bandits-turn-crusaders or a just plain fool, these men are often given little respect until they earn their rank

Jest: Someone who has left the order without the knowledge of any of the Ehrenritter and have returned after many elven months. These men are almost encouraged to go beserk in battle.

Oath of Kinship

The house holds open arms to all! Simply say this oath before an Ehrenritter or a man of higher rank and you're most of the way there to becoming a recruit (if you haven't filled out the application ofcourse)

I __ swear total loyalty to the emperor, to GOD, and to the house. If I fail to uphold the laws of Horen's children and serve politely among my brethren, may GOD strike me down! I swear to help the poor and the rich, and to slay the heretics and monsters that plague this world. I shall strike evil down in my path and will serve GOD! God save the emperor, for God is most powerful. I swear to be a noble brother.

IV. How to Join!

((will post app format below!))

All of this may be subject to change, give feedback below!:D

Application:

IC

Name-

Age and Race-

Are you of the faith?-

Do you agree to be an active brother?-

OOC

Do you agree that (with decent rp) you will be executed for any wrong doings(pk clause)-

Tell me a joke.....-

Do you have ts?(Required for warclaims)-

Skype-

Timezone-

le changelog

-Added the new "Kommandant" position to replace Marshall.....Marshall sounded too napoleonic

Let it be known, 

This 'Ehrenritter' is not an official order or group relating to or directly involved with the Church. It is not a Holy Order, nor does it have any moral authority. Its proclaimed patronage with Saint Wilfriche is not Church endorsed and it is encouraged that this so-called 'House' brings its case directly to the Pontiff and his Synod. Let it also be known that this self-proclaimed Order does not hold any relation or ties with the Order of the Black Sepulchres, of St. Wilfriche. If the mentioned 'Ehrenritters' seek land, a liege, or to take up the sword in the name of GOD and his Saints, let them go forth to the lands of Carnatia and the seat of the Archbishop Jarlath. Here they will find a welcoming, pious order that will integrate them into their current, longstanding tradition. 

Signed,

Lucien III

Vicar of GOD

((Just so you know, without the approval of Fireheart or Spookyleann you cannot be related to House Vladov. If it is just a rumor that is fine.))

8 hours ago, Fizldank said:

((Just so you know, without the approval of Fireheart or Spookyleann you cannot be related to House Vladov. If it is just a rumor that is fine.))

my char was ah vladovian basturd before me and burk had a falling out, just so ya know ^-^

8 hours ago, Lucien III said:

Let it be known, 

This 'Ehrenritter' is not an official order or group relating to or directly involved with the Church. It is not a Holy Order, nor does it have any moral authority. Its proclaimed patronage with Saint Wilfriche is not Church endorsed and it is encouraged that this so-called 'House' brings its case directly to the Pontiff and his Synod. Let it also be known that this self-proclaimed Order does not hold any relation or ties with the Order of the Black Sepulchres, of St. Wilfriche. If the mentioned 'Ehrenritters' seek land, a liege, or to take up the sword in the name of GOD and his Saints, let them go forth to the lands of Carnatia and the seat of the Archbishop Jarlath. Here they will find a welcoming, pious order that will integrate them into their current, longstanding tradition. 

Signed,

Lucien III

Vicar of GOD

The Vicar of GOD is thanked for his opinion, and Michael's household prepares to head to Luciensport to hold a meeting with his holiness((please set a good time for us to meet, in EST please))

Jan Kovacs leans back at his desk, looking over order documents, picking up a lone peice of paper left astray from the others. "House Roden? Sounds more as Rodent." He chuckles to himself, not giving it another thought and  tossing it aside.

Ok Im just gonna shut this post down, since everyone seems to be giving such LOVELY feedback and support over a few errors

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.