The Creative Implementation of Dark Arts into Deific Arts

Swgrclan

However I mainly agree with blood magic agreeing with druidism

Wait okay, I'm still confused how blood magic and necromancy would be compatible with druidism... Or anything.

The reason why those are dark arts is because they are distortions of the natural order of things, manipulating power that should never have been tapped. Blood magic wears away at the psychological health of those who use it, and slowly drives them mad, because of the unnatural nature of it. Tahariae's magic combats blood magic because it comes from a source that should never have been utilized. I'm sure Paladins, with Xan being the Aengul of Order, would have issue with something that violates the natural order of things too.

I also believe necromancy wouldn't be compatible with druidism because it is an unnatural manipulation of life force. Yes, it can be used to help trees grow, but necromancy involves transferring life force from point A to point B. I'm sure the Aspects would have issue with the magical draining of Point A to begin with.

I don't know. As much as I like the idea of "dark clerics", as you, Swgr, briefly started with the Vehement Covenant, its completely incompatible with dark arts. Really, all holy patrons are incompatible with it (excluding Metzli because I don't know her ideology, and Yeu Rthulu to a degree) because Dark Arts are the unnatural distortions of natural orders of things. The very nature of them defies what the holy patrons want from the realm.

Fact that Dark Arts would be compatibile and it would be possible to use them doesn't mean it should be used. I believe that would make nice field of roleplaying temptation and give clerics a little more moral deep. I hope that clerics won't be just mages with different magic and being able to use things like blood magic, most of them will stick to current rules, not because of methaphysics, but because of moral code, sacred teachings etc.

However Druids should have difficulties with using necromancy. For example, there should be high probability of mental illness, if such druid keeps hardly utilizing two kinds of magic in some period of time or rapidly growing difficulties with controlling his abilities.

But in general: yay!

I've determined that this concept is flawed after thinking on the collective thoughts and comments of both the feedback here and the LT, so I've decided to self-deny this lore and develop a proper iteration later on.

Denied; if an FM can move this to denied lore, I would appreciate it.