1. New Sprite color proposals

2. Toxin and pollination lore

Written by Liam (gamerdude3)

Contributions:

Liam

Erin

Micbox

Morrigan

Combine (He did a bunch of **** for the orange sprite I guess)

Zer0

Edits:

Zer0

New Sprite Colors!

❦ Pink ❦

450230.jpg

“Intimacy and energy bound by the same soul.”

Sprites born with the color pink tend to be ditsy, energetic, and animated. There’s always time to play fun, silly games, and they truly embody the childish trait of every Sprite. However, as much as they enjoy to be immature, they enjoy the prospect of love for other sentient beings. These Sprites are willing to go out of their way to ensure that two people who love each other stay in love.

❦ Brown ❦

BrownFairie.jpg

“The feral outcasts.”

Sprites born with a brown skin are social outcasts, foreign to even the rest of their Sprite community. Often known for taking shelter in secluded, isolated, and rather odd locations, the brown Sprite does not enjoy communicating with it’s kin. They’ll often act as if they’re a wild dog with wings, and will tear up their food before eating it. They’ll rarely speak in any tongue, as they often just don’t care enough to communicate.

❦ Orange ❦

nektar_fairy_by_gugu_troll-d4uaxkk.jpg

“Heroics lead to ignorance.”

The orange Sprite will automatically attempt to solve any conflict it can, without the assistance of any other being. Should someone be in some sort of trouble, or a conflict has unfolded, the orange Sprite will be there to save the day. These Sprites don’t often do heroic deeds out of the kindness of their hearts, but rather for their own reputation. Should they fail, however, they’ll slide into a deep, temporary depression, upset that they didn’t reach their high expectations.

Toxins

With Sprites having no direct way to defend their tiny, vulnerable bodies, it’s only natural that they’d have some sort of plant-oriented ability to produce a chemical which could act as a makeshift defence mechanism against foreign aggressors, should the opportunity ever come where it’s necessary to level out the playing field. However, as each Sprite color represents a different flower (more or less,) it’s reasonable to say that different Sprites would have different chemicals emitted from their skin. Every chemical has a negative impact on both parties, as the foreign invader would now be subject to whatever effect the toxin possessed, and the Sprite would become tired out. Still able to fly, there would still be considerable side effects to using the poisons, as the Sprites would just generally become physically tired. The following is a list of each chemical Sprites can produce, and what color they correspond with. These toxins can be released at any time, however it should take about two hours OOC’ly to regenerate. Sprite’s abilities can be used on any living, breathing person. This includes any of the playable races, trolls, and other creatures, however the larger the creature, the less of an effect it will have on them. Sprites can even use their toxins on other Sprites, so long as both parties are of a different color, as one toxin used on another wouldn’t do anything. (The effects of each chemical isn’t as severe as it would be in real life, these are mulled down, weaker forms of each substance.) If the amount of time that an effect lasts for isn’t listed, then assume that it’s thirty minutes OOC’ly.

Notice: None of these poisons, with the exception of the black Sprite, can be used lethally.

Green - Urushiol; After being exposed to a person’s skin, this Sprite can cause a certain, inflicted area to gain a large, itchy rash. The patch of skin that had been infected would be rashy, red, and extremely irritable. This can wear off after either proper treatment, or simply by waiting a few days.

Blue - Formaldehyde; If a blue Sprite were to release this chemical from its skin to harm another, the victim would take on very minor, yet irritable side effects. Anyone subject to exposure would clam up and notice a pain in their throat and nose regions, as well as their eyes swelling up and becoming watery.

Sky Blue - Psilocybin; When the sky blue Sprite exerts this toxin onto its foe, the victim will be subject to hallucinations of minor proportions. They'll most likely see distorted figures and discoloration, having everything be bright and brilliant.

Grey - Propofol; The grey Sprite has the option to exert a highly anesthetic, drowsy chemical into another person or sentient being. This chemical will become active about fifteen seconds after being applied. It forces the victim to fall into a coma like, drowsy, sleepy state, confused and tired. This will last for around twenty minutes, unless an external effort is made to awake the victim.

Red - Hydrofluoric acid; When exposed to skin, it’s initially painless. There’d be nothing to feel to the victim at first, but after about thirty seconds, the skin would start to feel a searing, burning pain in the inflicted area, becoming visibly red and irritated.

Purple - Tetrahydrocannabinol; After this chemical touches flesh, over a long period of time, the inflicted person would begin to feel drowsy, dazed, and abnormally tranquil. The person would appear completely normal, none of the normal side effects of THC present, yet they’d still act extremely high.

White - LN2; Should you upset a white Sprite, it has the option to release a light version of liquid nitrogen. This will instantly freeze a small patch of skin on a person, turning into a sickly hue of purple. It’d be amazingly painful to either move or touch, and requires proper treatment before becoming active again. The impacted area could probably be revived in fifteen minutes.

Yellow - Saxitoxin; If a yellow Sprite were to be angered in any way, or provoked, it would release a small amount of temporary saxitoxin. When inflicted onto the victim, their muscles would become slow, weakened, and paralyzed. They wouldn’t be frozen to the extent where they couldn’t talk, but they’d be considerably disabled for around six to eight minutes.

Pink - Dopamine; Pink Sprites are truly unique with their use of defensive toxins, as they fail to directly harm a person in any way. Considerably large doses of dopamine invade the targeted person, causing a rush of “happiness” to flood into their brain. This should cause them to be happier, easier to handle, and act friendlier for those thirty minutes.

Brown - Trimethylamine; Should the brown Sprite become irritated, it could easily attack it’s larger aggressor, given it’s violent nature. However, if it should ever need a defence mechanism, the brown Sprite can produce a stench that sticks to any person that comes into contact with, or can affect anyone who sniffs the air around the Sprite. The scent will wear off once you take a bath.

Orange - Monosodium glutamate; The orange Sprite has the ability to pump out an extremely irritating, blinding and nauseating substance. The effects should be able to impact a person instantly, quickly blinding them for a solid fifteen seconds, as well as impairing their hearing, which they will slowly regain as they obtain their sight back as well. After those fifteen seconds, the inflicted person should only feel slightly dazed for about another ten minutes. This sprite could easily perform a fly-by, flash a person, and be on their way.

Black -Ophiocordyceps unilateralis; The black sprite is unique as it does not release a toxin, but rather releases spores. These spores are released in a large group of fifty to sixty, depending on the sprites’ size. The spores spread on the wind, targeting any insects in the area. The bugs are quickly overtaken by the fungus, their wills now putty in the sprites’ tiny hands. The insects will rapidly gather around the black sprite, moving as a hive mind. They listen to the sprites’ orders, though the timeframe that they will follow is limited. The mushrooms will eventually fall off of the insects, leaving them without a leader. Though, if a descendant were to come in contact with these spores, a rash would quickly spread over the area with blisters forming soon after.  The rash would cause a terrible itch, and would remain on the descendant for a full elven day. Though this could be numbed using alchemical agents, there would be no cure to the rash.

OOC:

Well after lots of talk within the sprite community, we decided to raise the cap just a little and add 3 colors and a defense ability for the creatures. First were vague ideas, then turned into fleshed out ideas. 

If you have questions myself and @Gamerdude3.

I will note, these toxins can not be used for potions or poisons. 

Change logs 

[6/28/16]

Sprite toxins can be used for alchemy,but will be hard to obtian. 

Black Sprite Toxins are being changed.

Would someone be able to collect this from sprites? +1

Just now, grimmothy said:

Would someone be able to collect this from sprites? +1

4 minutes ago, ℤ∃ʁ∅ said:

I will note, these toxins can not be used for potions or poisons. 

Just now, Weabootrash said:

He means to collect them in a bottle. It wouldnt be a potion or poison, but just the toxins alone.

+1

Just now, Finalhazard said:

I don't like the idea of having anything being able to one-hit anything, or anyone on the server. Whether or not it kills both parties doesn't matter. I fear one day a black sprite will kamikaze the Orenian emperor.

Black sprites are for ET's only. So they'll likely only be used for events and such. 

Sorry, Sprites should be removed. They're not active, or if they are, are only active with themselves. I've not seen one since the snail incident, and that's odd considering they are apparently friends of the Druids?

I don't like the idea of having anything being able to one-hit anything, or anyone on the server. Whether or not it kills both parties doesn't matter. It's a textbook definition for powergaming.

I fear one day a black sprite will kamikaze the Orenian emperor.

Namely this, to be honest.

Just now, Sky said:

Sorry, Sprites should be removed. They're not active, or if they are, are only active with themselves. I've not seen one since the snail incident, and that's odd considering they are apparently friends of the Druids?

I see sprites on a daily basis. They just never go to the grove or Oren

Just now, Sky said:

Sprites are far from inactive, you simply aren't around when we are. Most of us are EST zoners, I believe, and you're a filthy Aussie. Not either of our faults, but we are active.

I don't like the idea of having anything being able to one-hit anything, or anyone on the server. Whether or not it kills both parties doesn't matter. It's a textbook definition for powergaming.

I fear one day a black sprite will kamikaze the Orenian emperor.

Quiet you fool... 

But in all seriousness, the Black sprite is not discovered yet, thus being the rarest of the Sprites. Mostly the effects of the Sprites dust(When they die.) is deadly. So don't try to snort or eat them,because it would result in death. 

Don't eat or snort unknown things.

And the Black Sprite is the worst and deadliest Sprite. But at this point, there isn't any black sprites, I prefer to keep that one to be limited to 1-2 players, to avoid an abuse of that. 

I'm usually on during that time due to the player-base I am now responsible in helping lead, and I've never spent my entirety of active time within the grove, I've always traveled Vailor on the daily basis and yet, I've not seen (nor heard) sprites continuing to exist. Simply stating that "They just don't hang around the Groves, or Oren" or "Not active, when you're active" is somewhat odd, because as I said above, I don't just spend my time at the groves, or Oren, for that matter. Nor does my time-zone that I live in, relay the times I am active in due to my current place with my character. However, it may be simply my opinion, but my opinion nonetheless that the sprites don't add anything to the server, but only to those who are part of the 'Sprite Community' as Zer0 puts it.

4 minutes ago, Sky said:

4 minutes ago, aerialkebab said:

Namely this, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, KorusPrime said:

Sprites are far from inactive, you simply aren't around when we are. Most of us are EST zoners, I believe, and you're a filthy Aussie. Not either of our faults, but we are active.

Theres alot of american and some brit Sprites thats why. Most american 

It sets a precedent that allows for similar one-hit-kill lore to be implemented as well. There also have been multiple occasions where ET have used their PEX and title in order to satisfy their own goals. What if a sprite kamikazes the ocean, or a nation's water-source?

Well, Black Sprites were going to be ET when i think of something that evil or whatever or someone that can fit it. I would doubt the player of the Black sprite would do something that stupid. But if it's toxins are THAT OP. it can be easily changed up. 

Sky, I think it's just a matter of wrong place wrong time. We tend to hand out around Aethermoor, as our island where we live is there.