Daemon: Vaasek

Smaw

OOC: So, in the interest of exposing hidden lore, I am putting forth my private submission with minor details left out. The only pieces removed from the submission are those relating to an event series that I wish to proceed with, so forgive me if this post doesn't appear to be particularly lengthy.

Additionally, I would love to see event proposals for this concept, as I feel it can provide some interesting experiences that don't necessarily have to follow the cliche of overbearing power or enormous threats to the world.

Don't hate me. We only have three Daemons.

Vaasek

25d7a5142e640919b92051d008371907.png

You have felt it before. That encroaching feeling that urges you to turn around with the notion that something is present. It comes often in times of darkness, when ashen clouds blanket the sky, and the hustle and bustle of daily life settles to a song of crickets.

You become so encapsulated by this apprehension that you turn, looking for a source. Your eyes scour the nooks and corners of your abode, yet nothing presents itself.

Perhaps there is something outside? You might ask yourself, grasping a nearby weapon and rising slowly. You turn to the windows, peering out to the drape of shadow that hangs over the glass pane. You dare not look for long, lest your mind conjures up images of what may be lurking outside.

Instead, you return to your quarters, mocking yourself; reassured by your primitive senses. But the sensation will return, and you will follow the same procedure, for it is fear that preserves your life.

040ETjNFFSyxlNxGlXsBF9doJiCskrvYMPnSCFFhZsKPbNtl_RNT_kJRih0fuseKBFXQoBBlAPVU0WENDXwzcCXqGabf2_AUgGQX8SlvvPLHOnLy6Dhusf1IXaQ6gbUL9ctmMnko

Vaasek is a Daemon with an intense mistrust for the mortal races of the world; much like his brethren. This Daemon is consumed by his wary observation of the Descendants, so much so that he works to observe them in anxious seclusion, conjuring his minions unto the world in order to serve as his many eyes.

He appears as a slender man with grayed skin and many arms. He is adorned in tattered robes and a hood, offering little variation in colour from the shade of his own flesh. Around him, many eyes bob and weave, each reflecting from their pupils, a certain region of the world and their real-time events.

This Daemon has come to represent Anxiety, Apprehension, Caution and Illusion, for it is the senses that birth all of these things. Vaasek may make a rock appear where there is none, or a smell of rot with no particular source.

He is the Daemon of the clandestine, a Daemon who does not want to be known to the world, but wants every part to play in it. The creatures that serve him scour the mortal realm in relative safety, blanketed in auras that make them imperceptible to the Descendants.

The Kabalees

bkwipg0JByTCsPtkQuV74I4y1-rL7XYyB7wlu6o8oKdpcvzOJ3ysjlnakHBrxRsqNi67_Pd8Gsq1jDSowysiaM2dOvywSFm4oBj4-eQ8wPbac2mMVLcrLSSDQK2IldzYiJNyQU3V

Vaasek works tirelessly in seclusion, awaiting the period he considers to be the Apocalypse of Mortals, a vision he once had of the Descendants utilising untold potential to wreak destruction upon the world. For this reason, the Kabalees exist. They watch the world for their maker, relaying back what they see to him, so that he may plan. So that he may prevent what he considers the end.

These entities are the spawn of Vaasek. They are many beings that serve as his eyes upon the world, fixated on their diligent investigations.

Their natural form is unkept, and those that could see this appearance would note an ashen smog of tendrils sweeping across the land. When they so desire, they make take any form that they wish, calling upon the power of Vaasek himself to manipulate their identities.

The Kabalees can observe any being from any corner of the world without usually being detected, and have been watching over the lands of Axios for many years, preceding the arrival of the Descendants.

They can often be attributed to the lingering caution inherent in all living things as they explore the land, and have been known to whisper to those that they take a particular interest in observing.

I like this a lot. I really like this. Just as I hit my eye, I saw a strong potential of a player-made event instead of an ET eventline. If everyone can do everything right, I'm assured that great achievments can be made. This is something I've been enjoying on this lore - the great potential of roleplay.

EDIT: Who wrote it? Don't forget to give credits to the original writers

Daemon of horror movie villains yo +1 

This is great lore with huge event potential

1 hour ago, Man of respect said:

EDIT: Who wrote it? Don't forget to give credits to the original writers

Just me kiddo.

22 minutes ago, Master Khen'aum said:

If we could have some ET members just randomly stalk players...

+1

We all know they already do >->

SO MUCH +1 RIGHT NOW YES. I HAVE WANTED A DEITY AROUND LIKE THIS SINCE EONS PAST. PASS THIS SHIZ. Okay thanks.

Smaw, You are a Legend. I say we make you owner of LotC. +1

Edit: Please don't ban me, Owner.