[✗] [Book/Culture] The Histories of Easterners

Dragonslayerelf

In a dusty library, hidden among stacks of books, scrolls, and tablets, there would be a collection of particular tablets detailing the history of the Easterners, a minor pimple on the face of history, which has all but disappeared. Here, a book known as the Histories would be held, and, covered and dust, debris, and other sediments, it would read thus.

The Histories
by Minamoto Ieyasu
Chapter 1: The Start
The Aenguls, all knowing and well versed in creation, found the world as an empty pocket which they looked down from the Heavenss upon, wanting to create life. They started with the air, that which is necessary for all things, and they willed it to blow and bluster. Then, with the air created, they began work on the water, which all things need also, and willed it to be stormy and create angry waves, which intend harm. Then, they saw only water, and decided to make fish, those who do not need air as the others do, however still supply us with food enough. Then, the Aenguls, accompanied by only the fish, felt the world was barren. Then, they created rock, and rose mountains, rivers, and plains from the rock. From the mountains, rivers, and plains emerged trees and forests, grass and sakuras, and all were beautiful. The Aenguls did not expect the deception of the Daemons however. The Daemons created all dangerous things; Fish that kill other fish, mosses that cause trees and plants to rot, all manner of bugs that take grain and eat the bountiful greens, and great powers to tempt the descendants with things that are intended to be used for mankind, however corrupt the soul and body so completely that you become a slave to your own vice, however the Aenguls did not yet notice. They were concerned with making all other creatures, and after the creatures, many four legged and furred, they began work on their masterpiece, Man. However, the ever-deceiving Daemons influenced this too, silently slipping in the darker sides of Man. The Daemons also created horrible beasts that consume other beasts, and things that seek to kill Men in the dark, and created their own version of man; Orc. The Daemons also came to their great work, that being Time, and Decay, causing all things to come to an end at some point. Now, seeing the treachery of the Daemons, they banished them from the Heavens, sentencing them to live beneath the earth, where great fires roar. They then continued their work, reusing the frame of the Man to create Dwarf, and Elf, who were both greatly unaffected by Time. After planting all upon the earth, they watched as Elf, Dwarf, Orc, and Man disagreed and split, going their separate ways, but the disorder frightened them. They wanted unity among their creations, and thus sent a descendant of the Aengul of Sun, Xan to go and unite them. The Orcs were repulsed by him, the Dwarves only cared of their gold, and the Elves mourned their lack of children. Only a small group of short-lived Men listened to his wise words. Together, they founded the Land of the Rising Sun.
Chapter 2: The Middle
The Land of the Rising Sun was said to be a place of great order and light, and was placed upon a tall plateu, the height of the Great Skywhales, sacred and harmonious. The Land of the Rising Sun was the pinnacle of culture, art, and peace for the longest of times, before the Daemons returned to this World, led by Asura, the Daemon of Chaos, and assaulted the bastion. Unable to defend themselves, a Great Slaughter occurred. The Men of the Sun ran, and were killed. Distraught, the Shogun of the Sun sought to create order, and, through the divine instruction of Xan, created the first Odachi. Using these blades of metal, he equipped many men and women with the means to defend themselves against the invaders. They won, through the sheer effort and steel and a combination of their own work. These men and women were the first Samurai. To uphold their faith to the Shogun, they were made to swear Oaths of Purity, and follow a set of tennants known as Bushido. Bushido prised order, honour, and, above all, purity of soul. In these times, the Common Man was worth much. The Farmer, the greatest of the Commoners, provided food for those in need of it; The Craftsmen supplied the Samurai with blades and armor aplenty; the Merchants, however, only distributed these things, and are considered to be poor of profession, as they profit off of work that is not their own. In this way, Order and Light was kept in the city, and they again enjoyed a great age of peace.
Chapter 3: The Great End
The Great Machination of Time, set in motion by the Daemons of old, hold sway over all, including that great bastion of order that once was the Land of the Rising Sun. Great disease spread across the Land, the farms ran dry of rice and bread, and the mines no longer yeilded the same amount of resources as they once had. The Merchants coffers were empty, and then, after the disease had passed, many lie dead. The few that remained mourned the lost of those gone, and, as the land decayed, I now flee my own home. Whispers of a name I did not understand were heard, Orgon, a servant of the Daemons known as an Oni, who gathered great power to destroy all; However, under Xan's light, the tales of the Four Heroes were heard also, and are known to me. However, this is where the histories and the Land of the Rising Sun both end; Even now I feel my limbs weaken and my body rattle with fear. The Samurai no longer abide to their code, and the Shogun has died, laid low by the plague. Our buildings crumble and fall, and moss grows where no moss was permitted to before. Now, I commit all of this to writing, and even now I watch as Asura has prevailed. We began with the deities, and we end with the deities, and now the corrupt and malignant Oni work against us actively. Thus we began, and thus we end.

Er... Are you trying to establish a creation story? Or did you simply post this in the wrong area?

5 minutes ago, The Pink Lion said:

Er... Are you trying to establish a creation story? Or did you simply post this in the wrong area?

A creation story that Easterners are/were said to believe in, yep!

22 minutes ago, Dragonslayerelf said:

A creation story that Easterners are/were said to believe in, yep!

You don't need to submit lore for a story that isn't actually true, you can just drag that into RP on your own as far as I know. You also can't force other easterners to believe this is canon, if that's your intent.

1 hour ago, The Pink Lion said:

You don't need to submit lore for a story that isn't actually true, you can just drag that into RP on your own as far as I know. You also can't force other easterners to believe this is canon, if that's your intent.

I don't intend to, however I was thinking that it'd be a nice basis for anyone who wishes to create a more traditional feudal-japanish culture, based on these histories, which is why I'm putting it under 'lore submissions' to ascertain whether the lms would approve of it.

If you're not already aware, there is a Japanese-esque culture/people already in place. They're called Yultharans, and their land resides to the east of Athera.

17 hours ago, Swgrclan said:

If you're not already aware, there is a Japanese-esque culture/people already in place. They're called Yultharans, and their land resides to the east of Athera.

AH, I was unaware. Well, this post can be moved to the archives and/or the denied box then, I apologize for the inconvenience.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.