Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cablam

Regarding the 1.8 Warclaim Competition

17 posts in this topic

50Divider.png

A quick update from the GM Management,

Unfortunately it has come to the Admins and GM Management's attention that the contest linked here, was not given permission to proceed. Harrison, the contest organiser, did not seek Admin, Developer, or even GM Management approval for this contest and more specifically, the prizes that were to be handed out. As such, we will be invalidating the contest and all associated prizes, including but not limited to minas, prefixes, trophies, etc.

However, to ensure that that the promise made by Harrison from his position (which he resigned from before this could be flagged) is honored, compensation will be offered to the winners up to the equivalent value per place as the successful and approved competition currently being run by the Event Team.

Compensation is as follows for each category.

50Divider.png

1st place

2,000 mina + skill tome of your choice.

2nd place

1,000 mina + skill tome of your choice.

3rd place

1,000 mina

+ Trophy items for each.

50Divider.png

The winners as follows, per category.

Kills:

• Rise_of_kings 1st

• drunkenbagel 2nd

• Motjam_ 3rd

Damage dealt:

• hackehen 1st
  • Kursion23 2nd
  • Dreadlands 3rd

Damage taken:

• villageman45 1st

• mjsc88 2nd

• WoodenApples 3rd

50Divider.png

Contact myself starting tomorrow to claim your compensation.

So I get 1k and a skill tome? This is more mina than I've ever had in my life

Hey man, us PvPers are use to getting the short end of the stick by now and with HB, one of our few supportive pro-pvp GMs, this was to be expected. . . But the fact that we're still getting some sort of compensation, as shitty as it is, is still appreciated and a sign that things are moving forward. God bless.

dean-s-sad-smile-o.gif

1 minute ago, Mj. said:

So I get 1k and a skill tome?

That and a signed trophy item in game. 

22 minutes ago, cablam said:

That and a signed trophy item in game. 

Incredible. Where do I sign up 

Why was nothing said before the warclaim even happened and victors were announced? Surely if it was not approved you would've stopped it way before it actually happened. Heck I saw admins and gms in the warclaim so you can't say they didn't know about it.

When are e-chests being refunded for the 1.8 WZ? I've got images of everything that was in my e-chest at the time, if that helps.

So Harrison obviously went overboard with the amount of minas he gave out, but I believe all this is rooted in the ridiculous amount of discussion that goes into everything on lotc. He took the initiative to run an event with players and to promote an under-represented part of the communtiy. I personally didn't attend but I heard all lot of people enjoyed it. A GM Manager shouldn't have to wait for a 3 month discussion process with the Admins/Staff that always leads to 1-2 people or an entire team being stubborn about some little thing which leads to events never even taking place.

Why can't we just stop being so pessimistic? Just try things. Just do. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Big deal, we tried. Nothing ever happens on this server anymore. It's so much stagnation and waiting for boring discussions to happen between the staffs that hate eachother.

1 hour ago, ImperialRoyalist said:

When are e-chests being refunded for the 1.8 WZ? I've got images of everything that was in my e-chest at the time, if that helps.

I was told last Thursday, not recieved anything yet.

6 minutes ago, dsdevil said:

Harrison tried to breach eula and then hand out 90k Minas. If the staff allowed the prizes to be handed out, we would be smacked with the eula again. You know this ds.

5 minutes ago, L0rdB0rd said:

Harrison tried to breach eula and then hand out 90k Minas. If the staff allowed the prizes to be handed out, we would be smacked with the eula again. You know this ds.

sorry im actually v curious but how did his competition awards breach EULA.

I don't know what exactly was offered but it must have been something if it'd breach it lmfao.

12 minutes ago, L0rdB0rd said:

How is rewarding players for playing the game through a contest breaching EULA? Why is everyone using EULA like its a buzz word.

Literally, a ton of GMs knew this was happening and either watched over the warclaim or took part. I even saw Gus there and hes an admin. Why did this discussion not take place BEFORE the actual warclaim and why only after. I'd very much like to know as you can't use the excuse nobody knew as you quite clearly did.

3 hours ago, ImperialRoyalist said:

The devs are going to be looking into a fix for this soon, it was originally supposed to be Thursday but things got delayed. 

2 hours ago, A Moongazer said:

Literally, a ton of GMs knew this was happening and either watched over the warclaim or took part. I even saw Gus there and hes an admin. Why did this discussion not take place BEFORE the actual warclaim and why only after. I'd very much like to know as you can't use the excuse nobody knew as you quite clearly did.

The GMs knew the competition was happening but not the prizes that were being given out. It was only after the fact when we went to check the prizes to be given out that we noticed they were way too high at which point we started trying to figure out the best course of action. This would have been much easier for us to resolve if we caught it before the warclaim happened or even during but unfortunately we didn't. 

6 hours ago, GrimReaper98 said:

sorry im actually v curious but how did his competition awards breach EULA.

I don't know what exactly was offered but it must have been something if it'd breach it lmfao.

6 hours ago, dsdevil said:

How is rewarding players for playing the game through a contest breaching EULA? Why is everyone using EULA like its a buzz word.

Aether VIP donors receive an in game customizable name tag. HB offered a custom PVP name tag. These two rewards coincide but with the EULA, you may not give away donation rewards unless in a specific format. I am not certain if the competition was in line with the EULA  or not, but it's a thin line LOTC can't cross anymore.