Soviet's Character Creation Guide Vol. 2.

OzYmandi

Soviet's Guide On How to Create Your Very Own Character!

If your own personal questions are not answered here, please feel free to PM me at anytime. I will answer as quickly as possible.

Are you a new whitelisted player, freshly arrived into the wonderful world of Axios and Lord of the Craft? Are you simply someone seeking some tips to create your next character?

Well look no more! Papi Soviet here is going to give some of his personal tips on how to create interesting, fun and/or even complex characters.

The Beggining.

One of the things I personally like to start off is always picturing in my mind a brief description & name for the character. Lets give a quick example:

Name: Bob McBoberson

Height: 5'10

Weight: TBD (TBD means 'To Be Defined' in this guide)

Brief Story: Bob McBoberson is an aspiring farmer of simple origins and simple way of life, enjoying the little things he can get, he goes about collecting his wheat and eating his very own Bob's Dough Things. Or more comonly known as Bread.

Getting that out of the way, you will have a list of things to put in TBD:

Story.

Living Family (If any).

Family.

Hobbies.

Personality.

And other things.

Those are aspects of your character that you will adress after you think about one crucial point.

Your character's backstory.

People in this server are meme machines and generally just mock everything they can. Let it be mocking someone for a 'Orcs Kille my Parents' past or a 'I want power' desire. 

BCreative!

Use whatever you have inside your head and be creative! Getting inspiration from many sources, asking people for ideas and reading historical things (if you want a more in-depth characters) can always help sparking up the creative part of your brain, called Norepinephrine, something we have in our brains that sparks up creativity. Look it up,  but first, use it up!

With your good ol' story outta the way, we come to the name. If you haven't already decided on one yet, here's a quick set of tips:

1- Try not getting your real life name/surname. Again: BCreative!

2- Get inspiration from LoTC Lore and other things. Remember though: Try not to copy them!

3- If you run out of creativity, or, rahter, out of Norepinephrine, ask your friends and even family for a good name idea. Your mom's probably give you some cool tips.

The name being out, you go to minor details which can be adressed at your own desire.

There are still two KEY things left though.

Personality and Family.

The easiest one would be your family.

Does your character have any living members? Any he remembers of? Who are his parents? Is he the first of his lineage? All of that can be answered in a short paragraph on your history, much like this:

McBoberson was always a cheerful lad. When he was about 5 years old, he finally met the so talked about Uncle Larry, brother to his father, Barry. His mother, Margareth, had too a sister, Hope. Those were the members of his family Bob could remember off. Unless you count Papa Johnny, the drunk grandfather.

As for the personalityBCreative!

Personality ranges around all characters. Let it be a bipolar orc to an anxious human, you can always base off popular (or nor) characters, yourself or even a friend/family member. But again: BCreative!

That's it for today! Again, if you have un-answered questions, PM me by clicking on my profile and sending a message (if you're a new player) or just drop down a comment.

Папа Sovetskiy signing out!

Your BCreative! motto is very inspiring, it definitely didn't hurt my eyes. :)

I'm trying so hard not to assume Bob McBoberson's gender.

7 hours ago, Detective said:

I'm trying so hard not to assume Bob McBoberson's gender.

He identifies as a sickle.