The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vaynth

AT Update Log- July

13 posts in this topic

Application Team

July Monthly Update Log

db2 by RBSRdesigns

Vintage Typewriter Avatar by Kezzi-Rose

New Player Data

Accepted Humans were roughly the same number as last month, still being the largest division within the races. Once again, Elves followed close behind-- they were a bit more significant than previous data, making up nearly ⅓ of the entire new player population. Dwarves remained at exactly the same number as last month, still the third most chosen race.. Orc applications because more popular, very close to tying with the Dwarves.. Unfortunately we did not gain any new Kha players during this period, though we did get a single Halfling player.

This month, the most frequently chosen Dwarvish sub-race were again the Mountain Dwarves; Cavern Dwarves were still among them, making up roughly ¼ of the chart. The Elves were distributed almost evenly, with the exception of the Snow Elves which were accepted as sub-race within the month. We haven't yet to receive any Snelf applications, though we look forward to seeing them grow more popular among the community. Correction-- There was a Snow Elf application, but it was not logged to show into the pie charts. Nonetheless, they were not as popular the other Elven sub-races. There were also a small percentage of Elves with no chosen sub-race.  Half of the new player players did not specify a sub-race, the rest being Heartlanders and Highlanders. There were no accepted Farfolks. Orcs had a mix of mainly Uruks and Goblins, the rest with no sub-race.

Figure a1. Accepted applicant distribution by race (n=96).

qSlTJQRaOEMkiArHsd9D4ARwNu7jGl0mbVvUcftyc_tyYBSgDUWwDDQGQI-4M_0v7vtc8_nmEC1SCMbPzgyUwv64Gpr-iwBS2G8-EoW0GAgkuWoF5kTkNksegsiaCXwvLo_cspOR

Figure a2. Accepted applicant distribution by subrace (n=96).

30764bfa94335f72667babead5514943.png

In the spoiler below, you will find a list of the new players accepted to the server, be sure to reach out to these people and introduce yourself if you have time!

Table 1. Accepted applicant name and race.

Spoiler

New Player List

Perrin

Human Highlander

KiwiFromKiwiLand

Human Heartlander

Exasior

Human

Guildmaster17

Human Heartlander

Afinechap2

Human

SnowWolf64

Human Heartlander

CrimsonEagles

Human

Thalion

High Elf

Dontliketoast

Orc Goblin

AufUns

Human Heartlander

CosmicChronos

Human Heartlander

clanmontgomery

Human Highlander

Tiberius94

Human Highlander

Amadaeus

Human

Mirrored_Image

Human

Alernass Bloodrose

High Elf

ThePope425

Human

Akam_7912

Orc

PokePlyaer700

Human

Quitbow

Human Heartlander

High__Ground

Human

Morgathos

Orc Uruk

Daddyhyung

Human

69Red69

Human

bensku

High Elf

Yokohime

Human

Fatal

Human Heartlander

Dapper_Tunes

Human Highlander

MyrOrion

High Elf

Vince_II

Human

Dain_Ironhill

Mountain Dwarf

elinmj

Human Highlander

MrFlame

Human Highlander

pingisman32

Human

Garay_135

Human Highlander

AgentChaseMcCain

Dark Elf

Aerodel

Dark Elf

FinalCore

Mountain Dwarf

Urrdam

Mountain Dwarf

SNOWM4N

Human

BlufferBlue

High Elf

Caesarian_Shadow

Wood Elf

SuperRoleplayGamer

High Elf

roseprintss

High Elf

Dardonas

Halfling

IRedDragon55

Human

onea

Human

Nightmare8567

Dark Elf

Cal the emerald wind

Elf

Cartii

Human

KoldunTheElf

High Elf

SombreroMan :3

Dark Elf

TheFunkyJunkie

Wood Elf

enens

Cavern Dwarf

Deluxe498_

Human Heartlander

The_Worst_Meme

Human Heartlander

Frazzle27

Human

Maloch

Human

Cho

Human Highlander

gartono

Wood Elf

Badin

Human Highlander

Render

Human Heartlander

TheCircuitBoard

Wood Elf

Dominicin

Human

Lumiin

Wood Elf

Fiyaleh

Wood Elf

nBrodie

Orc

Dave_I

Human Heartlander

Rikumaru

Wood Elf

LonelyLykos

Human Highlander

CinnamonPlease

Human Heartlander

BackuPT

Dark Elf

Ajadco

Wood Elf

Fireblood

Wood Elf

MjMikoolJr

Human

Hai_o3o

Elf

UnStoner

Cavern Dwarf

jaeden111

Elf

xItsToxc

Dark Elf

BigBallsBro

Human Heartlander

Fire4life125

Wood Elf

Aliztro

Dark Elf

FightGirl123

Dark Elf

Centurion

Human

TheNamesSilly

Dark Elf

supreme-kami

Mountain Dwarf

Borthel_Rader

High Elf

Jaffrey

Human

Matoflen

Human

HarjaptheSSJ

Human Heartlander

Le Pancake

Human

Alterpyro

Orc Uruk

Glisser

Human Heartlander

Again over 75% of applications in total were accepted to the server this month! More than half of those reviewed were accepted immediately, while ¼ of the applicants were placed on pending before the AT came to a final decision. In most cases, pending applications were accepted after a bit of tweaking. Only a very small percentage were denied after being placed on pending. There was a small spike in the number of applications being outright denied compared to the denials from the previous month. This may be a result of reducing our wait times, giving applicants the ability to apply more than once in a 24 hour period.

Figure b. Distribution of application results (n=148).

GxQ69r3psYGE-aCAd7QGQTGirwc1qmLHSWXz8yC4-JvehDc7-K7-NR0dzeFOf5BHBOuGkc8YND3MC2B3ChpNuJNLQjnXXcMGLbKIXzZKkYOKpz-kBBt_udQD1HODETi9aFDcCe7R

The time zone distribution remained almost identical from the previous month, Americans being the majority of new players with Europeans making up the rest. Sadly, there were only three accepted applicants from the Oceania time zone.

Figure c. Distribution of accepted player timezones (n=96).

VTTJ7IRaxS0GCWoDvhNofz3mVcI7sx47mHhHMAqPYMyKemJskv3adikgfuT2fM5LzAffdF5m0WfhtlwYD6hR2tC4oU4BGfHUq5VJthqT21039kVbI1VrdEvWOSk0_l5ySnAWVM1L

Member Additions and Resignations/Removals

(And a promotion!)

There were quite a few team changes this month. Unfortunately we’ve lost three of our members, two of which had joined us just last month. While I’m saddened by this, we have also gained five new Application slaves Team members that I am very excited to work with.

Additions

Spoiler

OIE18gvahdZhTHL3lzQ9rBwtcCK2S5OJFdPCt4DBjX_OqntsJUerqxJ05wUtket0f6lYe7cv2k91cSO1wkvdghkfu0iwrXaBcbDDxERNniN3oDD3hcFWI4FkZWnt0Diy-cTn3v1u

Chosen for her friendliness and desire to help new players. So far Allie has proven to be a hard working and  detail-oriented member that’s been doing a great job at all her tasks. We hope to keep her around for a while, and look forward to including her in projects with our managers. (for now, rip to her sparkly creative wizard tag)

k50ZLcIc1sx_BYxrQD8NW_bb7yyAxAZt22qkjXxrwtt-ulPbwx422BCYfPvfkXCZgopY63bGC1kLNSsT2wtuJ4mlSlXOq4AnYvLXhdRpSVTqSu2gHOaf_5C60YyxvwGRJ1aMNteY

Tox was brought on as someone we believe will be consistent and thorough with their work. He wishes to teach new players how to pursue magic upon being brought onto the server, as well as provide them with an enjoyable new player experience. We look forward to working more with him.

ncH7IHrP-8qPi508Cuau5v-J7eLFzABl42FpbKLQGWrTAAinlFgTZtEuJeXZMSbecg-LNyxGoeZ0bSIzOWeltsvliv_N1jpDPVQLqiOYZ-reyEm4-G7qqOMv-DB1GGkYghV0vezv

Gavin in a new member that has shown interest in all aspects of being a part of our team. He wishes to encourage staff enthusiasm and involvement, as well as work on interacting with new players in-game and on the forums. We are excited to have him as a part of our team.

I55rainky4ZxmxvTUMHMaRa-ihQfp44VFvaNCXHVwgp2ZL3tKAd5JtytZj6ucuSd7o8FokOzeszvXPL8Xy3XqElE-sFUzsbviXUivG4Vka2yteA0ajfHhvT4Ccgw8zwcNczPj2qY

While a busy guy as the Lore Team Director, Flam has taken interest in helping out with whitelist applications in correlation with providing projects to the new players that would assist them in easier understanding of the general server lore. I’m sure we’ll see awesome things come of his time with us.

Jp0GixoyGVL_3MReKuAvNkR5u5GUtBf4oMjM2w6VuWGlWIvtv_xZ299ZDcpnuMe0eEKgB2JUCe-s1DDJveKhkvRH_eHoAhX0XnbkhgMY4shJt3eRryisoCsgR0aky9p3xFrgpUlk

Coming in highly recommended by management, we have believe Alex has what it takes to be both a productive AT and kind member towards new players. For a while he’s been a competent member of staff as a member of the FM team, and we hope to see these qualities shine through with us as well.

Departures

Spoiler

Harrison-

Upon being promoted to Game Team Director, he has decided to step down from his position on the AT so that someone that who would be able to give the team more attention and dedication could fill his spot. I respect this decision, and wish him the best on future endeavors. I look forward to working with Harrison on possible projects in the future that would correlate with both of our teams.

Devdog-
He was always such a hardworking member, and even fulfilled quota on his last month before departing. Due to personal circumstances, Dev had decided to step down. I hope things go well for him. He was truly a pleasure to have on the team.

z3m0s-

With a mixture of his real life commitments and being a part of Gm Management, he found himself unable to fully participate in being a member of the AT. While he’s taking his leave from us pink tags, I am sure we’ll intermingle at some point with potential GM-AT projects.

Promotion

Spoiler

xDndXW-RbMueb-P1Q3gD6dFhrY_eB4NpK1rTichQjd-79TiFlmWnYlE7vTzQ7SmQTkmCaUYZ1rL_s2AMQYlRBQDHrccV4Y3_6n0-LrhiBYiGrc2ApZoZndU-kQp4b0hAPUl051CI

Please congratulate our newest Application Team Manager! While we have had quite a few members that would fit the part nicely, this individual truly stood out amongst our members. Imi showed her desire to assist the other members of the team with questions, as well as her passion to be one of the head members leading our variety of player retention projects. For now we are satisfied with remaining a team of two managers, and intend on keeping it this way for a while.

Team Data

We have ended this month with 10 members in total again, not including myself or the managers. Throughout July there were a lot less members on hiatus, Imi being the only one that was unable to be around for the majority of the period. Quota remained at 5% for members, and 2.5% for managers.

Figure d. Percentage of applications completed by application team members. Total applications, n = 148. Quota noted by red dashed line (5%).

499SwXFlWv5FvOrKm31k7rYoI87K3vHXL4uqrRZiSnPHcQ_Ndou1UxFq5SfP0S7SnjsSE0SMhiVpaDmvlS7SdH_RrEfdoPrtW919D88mL88hqbSrCWsXEWSpTqw3_EY_V1OFEtgd

As routinely, new members were not required to  hit quota. The members with the most contributions to applications this month were Pieman and LordCommander. I couldn’t be more proud of these two, applying so much hard work and dedication into bringing new players to our community. The only current member who fell behind quota was Rammer, who explained his situation to me and is excused. Everyone not specifically mentioned either hit expectations, didn’t have to hit quota due to this being their first month, or has already departed from the team.

Team Projects

We admittedly haven’t had much for projects this month, through August will be much more focused on them. Both managers have been partially busy with summer activities while keeping an eye on their teams. I was working on updating the AT handbook, putting together our own form of player retention reports, and altering and testing different things with the whitelist application reviewing process. One change that we have made was lowering the time it takes before one is able to re-apply to the server. The previous times were 24 hours for a denial, 12 hours for denied from pending, and 6 hours for wrong application format. We felt this wait period was too excessive, and lessened it to 6 hours for denial, 3 for denied from pending, and only 1 hour for wrong application format. Along with this the biography portion of the application was made to be more lenient.

Player Retention Report (Month of June)

I am beyond excited to present the player retention report we’ve worked so hard on putting together. A huge thank you goes out to @Lego XBOX for assisting me with setting up the charts in correlation with the data I put together.

Out of the 89 new players brought onto the server in the month of June, 27 of them remained active by mid-July. That’s a total of 30% new players retained! Slightly less than the month of May, but nothing too major. This time around I’ve decided not to separate them into sub-race, though next time I’ll go into more of those specifics as well as counting the race changes.

Figure e. Number of active versus inactive new players in the month of June. Total new players, n=89.

Q-a7Z9Lc1aKn3n2mu2DG0qhdWf3B9SPpElK2Bb-5_dPnYr0BJW8qsRgQAq2Q94q1ADgRviNRWWuqKcaOPSGHFU0rJt8fACCOn283Q88w6T3f3tPCWM6o-_2zKDNjzbD1rSS9jo2K

Unsurprisingly, 59% of the active new players were those who applied as Humans. Following behind were the Elves at roughly 26%. The remaining races shared only a small portion of the graph, with one active new player each. Considering the number of players in each specified race, these results weren’t all too bad. In fact-- if you look at the ratio of how many players were retained to how many were accepted, the percentage of retained Halflings surpasses the amount of retained Humans by a whole 20%.

Figure f. Percentage of active new players by race  (Total retained players, n=27).

Xy-jXbEfTMBmSPdpWIdAe3taf92t4oDiiW0Zl1aXh0VRO-szn6g4kZrAsajAxHm6vjlGrd7XuHhouiq-5X0f1mCUGuWeqjwDvCJW6VUBkFVLCBDMraRGyqetZHOD1Wq51Sccrjlo

With only 2 new Halfling players and 1 of them being active, Halfling dominated with chart with a 50% retention rate. The majority of the other races were around the same number for their retention rates (30%-33.33%), save for the Dwarves. In total there were 7 accepted Dwarves in that month, and we only managed to keep one of them active. While this is certainly not preferable, overall the figures are better than expected.

Figure g. Distribution of active players depending on their race (n=27).

VfV9B0gkewFYtmsj4hhJSQIERp4gD1WGksizN4NQR_xOfCQxR078k9R1Q3hGpJssZ9vnzdnMupyOpLnmC1zzC_-z8dYlcxxzU4CbLCqXGtGiw3jRa8OVByDsQCUJsnjea-7T1xLi

Out of the accepted players with American time zones, 38% of them were kept active. While almost ¼ of accepted applications in June were of the European time zone, only 13% of those players were retained. We unfortunately did now keep anyone from the Oceania time zone, despite a few being accepted into the server. The charts below will show this data, along with the distribution of retained American players versus Europeans.

Figure h. Percentage of retained players per timezone (n=89).

EMR_LqavjH03Una9RD1wO0MQIBQIZjEhLELKsR1jXFu0WHyfgM_yI05B0J2bPB8ALRKHpMwmslv7duFfpPtBD_ewfe-KT6lAB-bBkJXtiUCbdkvnCoNOKa92rx_M4F1QRsYENBJO

Figure i. Distribution of retained players per timezone (n=27).

eSNAdnvTHF61xwSmas2W6c2qiKH-6Ke9EOK_yaROLVxHPGeHsss0KMIWbcf9j45l-CO2lFbzPtSKCfsEiQdUu6pCtXf4CGpDtXXhXUeoN5zIehULeBC-NMwAbpMNik5Fl4CpeIJP

Now we are going to break this down into how much time these players spent actually playing on the server. Here we have factored in absolutely every new player I collected information from for that month, whether they’ve hadn’t logged on in that week at all or played countless hours. On average, the new players spent a total of 6.6 hours on LoTC per week. To elaborate further, we have separated the average hours by their races. Keep in mind, Halflings are so high up on this chart (88 hour average) because this was only counting one active player of that particular race, as well as the inactive one. Orcs averaged 8 hours per week, Elves and Humans averaged 5 hours, and the Kha averaged 4. Dwarves didn’t do well for their averages, being less than an hour a week.

When we factor in time zones, it is clear that new American players spend much more time playing on the server than those in the European time zones. On average, new players who are American spend about 4 hours more per week on the server than Europeans do.

Figure j. Hours spent on the server by new players per week (n=89).

yPBCtbQffpFg19nVbDzqVqCdxR4gAtMv_aiSyEXRqydf7Yv-5B9cNflO-mi6AR_I49cXH_JVyQ-vwqfYkN3VkFmmZ3XpVyjbGWdoTn3WON1Ga8XXJY7i20RuDQGY2JWw8YITjHd7

Figure k. Hours spent on the server by timezone (n=89).

sAaKXQkKSwAKB7yJcz4qERa86gevYvqZHcxYAe7-T2z_AKez5h5jfvAuhKMJKWabv6ElrpCuzgLoy4hq_jKqqlJ_GFdntQnBYHDRkntT3utxXk25e-xcsGphI4dFgO3wIeOfDV5N

While player retention for June certainly wasn’t the best we’ve ever seen and there’s always much room for improvement, it wasn’t awful either. We certainly hope the community finds this information valuable. The Application Team will do our best to assist in boosting these numbers as time passes, and still have many projects down the line to help with this.

Tldr; Between May and June, our overall retention seemed to stay at a solid rate of around 30%.

Thanks for reading!

Slikovni rezultat za im the best gif

14 minutes ago, Vaynth said:

We have yet to receive any Snelf applications

:(

also im counting this as 1/2 :(

Edited by Aeldrin

Just now, Aeldrin said:

:(

I hadn't added Snow Elf to the quota form until closer to the end of the month. It was a simple slip up on my part. Thanks for pointing it out though, I'll edit that section.

this is good content. nice to see everyone tapping that quota.

28 minutes ago, Jake! said:

: (

wth why are you frowning 

51 minutes ago, Vaynth said:

wth why are you frowning 

i express the emotion of my heart - it frowns 

I'm glad to see us halflings topping the retention charts!

10 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

Brings a tear to my eye.

Agreed, hopefully the tutorial island will increase player retention ever further than what it is now!

Knox is pleased by our performance 

On 8/2/2017 at 10:02 PM, Vaynth said:

yPBCtbQffpFg19nVbDzqVqCdxR4gAtMv_aiSyEXRqydf7Yv-5B9cNflO-mi6AR_I49cXH_JVyQ-vwqfYkN3VkFmmZ3XpVyjbGWdoTn3WON1Ga8XXJY7i20RuDQGY2JWw8YITjHd7

Image result for expand dong

On 8/4/2017 at 11:13 PM, Archipelego said:

Image result for expand dong

Lol, nice meme ya got there