[✗] [Eventline Proposal] Unearthed Evil

drfate786

Event Planners, MC Names: 

drfate786 and any ET that wishes to help.

Event Type: 

Exploration and PVE.

Your Timezone: 

EST

Affected Groups: 

Every group located in Tahn.

Event Location: 

All over Tahn.

Summation: 

Summary

The cloaked excavation leader was seated on an elegant oak table on top of which a dozen well placed maps waited, he ordered his men to bring the prisoner to him. Two men dragged the prisoner across the heated sand and towards the table, they sat the ragged elder down and forced some water down his throat. The prisoner choked on the water, he had been held prisoner for what felt like years but he would not break, he would not tell the crimson cult where it was. Alifer removed his hood and glanced over the wretched old man, his patience was running thin and he wanted results. “My patience is nearly spent old man, you will tell us where it is or I will get the results myself.” The ragged prisoner croaked but remained silent, he knew the consequences if they were to find it and he would not break.. Or so he thought. Alifer slammed his gauntlet into the table, smashing it and tearing several of the ancient maps placed on top of it. “So be it, you will beg for the sweet mercy of death when I am done with you!” The prisoner was knocked to the floor, he tried to crawl away but his efforts were for naught. Alifer grabbed the fool by his leg and proceeded to drag him into a locked cave. At first, the men assembled outside heard the prisoner’s screams but they were quickly drowned by something dark and abhorrent. Alifer emerged from the cave alone and drenched in the prisoner’s blood. The assembled men stood in salute as Alifer stepped past them, he walked to the remnants of the table and grabbed one of the few maps that remained intact. Grinning, he marked a location on the map.

The pyramid-like structure was massive and entirely submerged in sand, they set up camp and began their second excavation. It took several weeks to locate the massive seal that held the colossal yet ancient sandstone door shut but at last, they broke through. Figures cloaked in red stormed into the ancient halls of a long lost progenitor, the architecture seemed elven in nature but seemed completely out of place in such a dry and inhospitable wasteland. As Alifer and his men descended, the ancients began to stir. Elven corpses that had been dormant since the time of Malin suddenly sprung to life and attacked the excavation, their tattered and mummified remains slaughtering those unfortunate enough to stand in their way.  The group was finally surrounded when they reached a massive vault door located deep beneath the pyramid. The group’s leader came prepared and the men withdrew swords of sharp aurum to cut the ancient elves where they stood. The fight was long and furious, but the ancient elves failed to uphold the mission they were given in life. Alifer’s men planted the explosives and in the devastating blast that followed the ancient vault door was breached. The room within was lined with quartz, ancient elven metalwork littered the room but all paled in comparison to the large statue that stood in the centre of the room. The statue was twisted and almost deformed, it sported sharp fangs where teeth should be and resembled a daemonic entity more than that of an elf. Alifer stood in front of the nightmarish statue in awe and in worship, he placed his gauntlet on it and felt that it was hollow and fragile. Alifer smiled as he plunged his fist into the statue causing it to collapse in a flurry of pottery shards, within it lay the remains of an ancient prophet who sat upon a broken throne. The ancient king held a golden claw in between his fragile hands. Alifer tore the golden claw from the king’s hands which caused the skeleton to collapse to dust.

Dust stirred all over the room as coffin lids burst open. The howling of ancient elves shook most of the veteran cultists into a stir of fear and anger, they withdrew their weapons as the fighting ensued. Alifer merely wrapped the claw in a shroud and casually walked out of the temple as his men fought and died for him.

Following the claw’s disappearance, quakes and tremors would plague all of Tahn. Tombs of an ancient variety would make their way towards the surface revealing their long lost secrets to those brave and foolish enough to enter, however none would be able to enter as the warded passages would be blocked by ancient seals. Those who understand the language of ancient elves would find ominous warnings scrawled outside the burrows. They read the following:

“Nine false kings and nine claws to seal their sins, let they be forgotten and disgraced for their treachery against Malin. Traitors of ancient kindred and bringers of pestilence, followers of the three who shall not be named and enslavers of mortal kin. Let they who forsook their heritage be cursed to a fate worse than death, let them linger and rot in their pale and horrid forms. Let the three who shall not be named be forgotten, buried with the nine who would enslave us all.”

Concept Images/Screenshots 

Image result for golden claw

Image result for Dragon priest

What help do you require from the ET Actors or Builders?

If I'm given LC I can construct all of the burrows myself. I intend on writing the stories for each of the events for this event-line so that the ET actors know what they're in for, this is not meant to be an antagonist by the way but there will be earthquakes which can cause structural damage to cities. The purpose for this event is to introduce some dungeoneering and give me and others something to do during our free-time on LoTC. The server is stagnating and I want something to do, I'm sure no one will complain given the nature of these events. 

Edited by drfate786

I get that you're trying to make eventlines, and they're normally ok ideas - But take this to heart. Try not to make every suggestion revolve in some way around your character!

1 hour ago, Fury_Fire said:

I get that you're trying to make eventlines, and they're normally ok ideas - But take this to heart. Try not to make every suggestion revolve in some way around your character!

abcabc

Eh, my character won't be involved after the initial opening. He's just the person that will give the first claw to whatever Nation decides to invade a burrow. 

Just now, drfate786 said:

Eh, my character won't be involved after the initial opening. He's just the person that will give the first claw to whatever Nation decides to invade a burrow. 

My point stands. If its so minor, just yknow.. Not be involved in that way? Partake in the event. ET are free to change things whenever, and its not very smart to plan out every little thing in an event that you arent the ET of, so I'm sure any good ET will keep it fun for you.

1 hour ago, Fury_Fire said:

My point stands. If its so minor, just yknow.. Not be involved in that way? Partake in the event. ET are free to change things whenever, and its not very smart to plan out every little thing in an event that you arent the ET of, so I'm sure any good ET will keep it fun for you.

abc

Again, I'm only involved in the very start of the event. If the ET think they can manage a complex story then they can go for it!

Think it's time we gave drfate a shot.

It's better than not having an eventline to do. It was really interesting to read, and it actually looks like it would be a fun event to delve into. Drfate has been persistent, so let's finally let him have his bone. 

1 hour ago, KiausT (The Alpha ****) said:

It's better than not having an eventline to do. It was really interesting to read, and it actually looks like it would be a fun event to delve into. Drfate has been persistent, so let's finally let him have his bone. 

Yeah, you've seen the Norland catacombs. Imagine what this would be like!